• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Quick

Banned
Siracha is not a hot sauce...is it supposed to make things spicier? Never noticed

Samyy thinks he's hard.

tumblr_n7sdqgo4YY1ql56ddo1_500.gif

Sriracha is hot enough, but still be able to taste the flavour of whatever you're eating.

Hot sauce is pointless if you can't taste anything because your mouth is on fire.

mr.rager

Confession time!

I've never had sriracha sauce. I've always heard people talk about how good it is but never really felt like trying it.

dluu13

Confession time!

I've never had sriracha sauce. I've always heard people talk about how good it is but never really felt like trying it.

I think what people like is that there is a little bit of sweetness in the sauce.
I personally like using sambal oelek and the chili garlic sauce more:
5531391081.jpg
chili-garlic-sauce.jpg

They are both made by the same company as sriracha.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I think what people like is that there is a little bit of sweetness in the sauce.
5531391081.jpg
chili-garlic-sauce.jpg

I like both of these (or variations of them) but I don't use a ton of it. Just enough for a bit of a kick.

dluu13

Bring your own sriracha?

Also I tried it once when some restaurant replaced their Buffalo sauce with it and I hated it.

Sriracha works well with Pho though. It's pretty versatile all around, but obviously doesn't have that strong flavour that Buffalo sauce has. That being said, I don't really like Buffalo flavour that much.

Maybe I should go and buy myself a bottle of soju right now...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sriracha works well with Pho though. It's pretty versatile all around, but obviously doesn't have that strong flavour that Buffalo sauce has. That being said, I don't really like Buffalo flavour that much.

Maybe I should go and buy myself a bottle of soju right now...
It's a shame we didn't have any makgoli at the last meet up :(

Blackhead

Redarse
We were at Stockyards today and I swear I saw Junior Mint's clone there.

Love Stockyards burgers, but service, while personable can be fucking rude sometimes. Would still eat over BP's any fucking day.

Went to Stockyards on the weekend once for brunch and spent an hour waiting in line. Never again. Now I go during the weekdays for lunch since they made the smart decision to offer the chicken and waffles until 3pm.

krae_man

Went to A&C Games today. Good selection of older games, but was it always this expensive? I dropped almost $200. Yikes.

In that case you should check out KW Vintage Games. The guy running it doesn't have a clue what he's doing but it you want it, you can probably pay too much for it there.

mr.rager

No way. I'm certain you've had it and just not realized it.

Yup, I'm 100% sure! I'm a VERY picky eater and eat food that I know I will like.

5531391081.jpg
chili-garlic-sauce.jpg

I actually have a bottle of sriracha sauce in my kitchen right now and I'm debating if I should try it or not haha. Not really a fan of anything spicy.

dluu13

Yup, I'm 100% sure! I'm a VERY picky eater and eat food that I know I will like.

I actually have a bottle of sriracha sauce in my kitchen right now and I'm debating if I should try it or not haha. Not really a fan of anything spicy.

If you never eat spicy food then you'd want to go easy, but if you want to just taste the hot sauce there's no better way than to just put a dab on your finger and give it a lick.

On another note, I found this at Lucky Moose:

Gonna give it a try. I may never need to line up again.
EDIT: They are different. This one is more like sponge cake and is sweeter. I still don't think Uncle Tetsu's worth the wait though...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I started to go to work this morning then turned around. It took me 10 minutes on the 401 when I got on at Kennedy until I decided to go home and I exited at the 404. 10 minutes to go 4.5 km. There was no way I was going all the way to Brampton. The roads aren't even that bad but I'm guessing those who had snow tires already took them off.

Mupod

I planned to get my snow tires off this weekend but changed my mind at the last minute.

Went to A&C Games today. Good selection of older games, but was it always this expensive? I dropped almost $200. Yikes.

old game market went bonkers a while ago. As someone mostly interested in Genesis collecting I don't have it that bad, since the games aren't as popular and most people kept the cases. But RIP anyone who wants anything Nintendo related.

So far every dedicated game store that stocked older stuff has just disappointed me. I've had SOME luck haggling in flea markets but a lot of them just look up ebay prices and put nonsensical price stickers on shit. I saw a beat up steel battallion box a while ago, guy wanted 900 for it...

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
I started to go to work this morning then turned around. It took me 10 minutes on the 401 when I got on at Kennedy until I decided to go home and I exited at the 404. 10 minutes to go 4.5 km. There was no way I was going all the way to Brampton. The roads aren't even that bad but I'm guessing those who had snow tires already took them off.

My manager called me at 8am this morning to let me know that I'm pretty much running the show for the opening shift at the restaurant this morning after she got hit by another vehicle that slid into the oncoming lane and wrecked her car.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
A&C has always been pricey, but I don't think their prices went up anymore when the market went insane. So actually now, they're right about market value. You're also paying for the convenience of buying stuff in person, rather than importing. Their new location is really nice though and $20 for the graphic t-shirts is actually not a terrible value. Although I'll still wait for the Yetee sales.

soultron

Banned
Yeah, you guys make good points. Maybe if NX drops BC on GCN games we might see a drop. I grabbed SM Strikers used and that alone was 60. It's a really nice location and I trust the staff there more than any random EB Games location. The rent on Spadina must not be cheap though.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I sure as hell was a fool who took off their winter tires a few weeks back.

Wasn't too bad out there on the roads I had to drive at least.

We were at Stockyards today and I swear I saw Junior Mint's clone there.

Love Stockyards burgers, but service, while personable can be fucking rude sometimes. Would still eat over BP's any fucking day.

lmao.

Always wanted to try Stockyards but it's so out of the way for me. Maybe I'll go this weekend.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
lmao.

Always wanted to try Stockyards but it's so out of the way for me. Maybe I'll go this weekend.
Prepare for limited seating and line ups. From what ice read, people usually get take out and eat it outside nearby.

Speaking of people seeing you around, I also thought I saw you at the Shoppers near me. It wasn't you though all you Asians look the same anyways.

Renewed

I use transit so we all know how that goes...

My SM Strikers disc doesn't work anymore, same for Melee. I think Super Monkey Ball is in fine condition last I checked. And Naruto lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I should really buy a condo with a direct connection into the subway
Why? You'd miss out on that walk in the cold to the subway....!

Just be careful if they advertise a direct connection, I don't know which condo it was, but the builders advertised it and it never happened when they built it.

explodet

Just be careful if they advertise a direct connection, I don't know which condo it was, but the builders advertised it and it never happened when they built it.
That's a line forming around the block.

I think the worst was the Shops at Aura story that popped up early this year, where all those underground businesses saw next to no foot traffic because the promised connection to the PATH wouldn't appear for like, a decade.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
That's a line forming around the block.

I think the worst was the Shops at Aura story that popped up early this year, where all those underground businesses saw next to no foot traffic because the promised connection to the PATH wouldn't appear for like, a decade.
I'm not even sure it'll happen in a decade at the rate they're going. Place is a bloody graveyard and I'm not sure what those tenants were thinking anyways. Atrium has almost no foot traffic and it's directly connected to Eaton Centre, why would anyone bother walking all the way up there anyways?

dluu13

I'm not even sure it'll happen in a decade at the rate they're going. Place is a bloody graveyard and I'm not sure what those tenants were thinking anyways. Atrium has almost no foot traffic and it's directly connected to Eaton Centre, why would anyone bother walking all the way up there anyways?

Oh wow, I didn't even know there was anything else at Aura. I have only been to the Marshall's there. I've been inside Atrium as well, but only to check out Muji. Other than that, the place looked really dead.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Kaiju Japanese Curry in the Aura food court is really good.

Everything else is not worth talking about.
I haven't been there yet, but I think it just downtown hype from the Ryerson students. I could be totally wrong though.

Unfortunately, the food court looks sketchy as fuck as well with the empty retail spots there.

Does anyone here know if there's a place to play Poker (legitimately or even semi-legitimately) like a bar or a pub, on weekly basis?

It doesn't have to be straight up gambling , and nothing too expensive for (buy in).

So I was watching some random pokemon movie on netflix when:

Oooo I remember reading about this. They used Toronto and Quebec city as inspirations for the city in that movie. I think they even dropped by the Best Buy at Dundas Square on the release day for I think Black & White 2 or X & Y

Mupod

welp. Just got laid off, 2 weeks before it would've been a year so they only have to give me 1 week notice apparently.

Came out of nowhere, boss is completely stunned and has no idea what the hell they are thinking. I already do 10+ hours of overtime a week and I'm swamped. 100% not a performance thing and I'm guaranteed EI, it's nice that everyone is stepping forward to offer themselves as references but it's still fucked up.

guess it's just more justification for how I live - I treat every day at work as it's my last and take every hour of overtime I can stand. I've never been fired in my life, never quit voluntarily, and yet I can't seem to keep anything more than a year.

On the bright side I highly doubt I'll be unable to find something in the IT field in brampton before my money runs out...I'll be in the positive even on EI and I have savings. Just spent a ton of money on moving out, new mattress, new clothes though.

Also does anyone have any experience getting ROEs out of uncooperative employers? These guys aren't the problem - it's my previous job. Guy still owes me a LOT of money and that's almost a year of full-time that he never submitted my ROE for.

Top Bottom