• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

they called my references, I had three interviews with different managers, it was looking so promising... then they said I didn't get the job :/

hey at least the CAD is recovering slowly

Oh god I feel for you. I've basically been on an application blitz for the past few months trying to get something that isn't my lame retail part-time job. Problem is I don't have much beyond that crappy part time job, my soon-to-be-finished first year of university, and random amounts of volunteer work

Trying to be an adult fucking sucks

dluu13

Oh god I feel for you. I've basically been on an application blitz for the past few months trying to get something that isn't my lame retail part-time job. Problem is I don't have much beyond that crappy part time job, my soon-to-be-finished first year of university, and random amounts of volunteer work

Trying to be an adult fucking sucks

Have you contacted professors in your department? They often hire undergrads to help around with their work. If your grades are good enough then you can apply for something like the NSERC or SSHRC USRA which is an undergraduate research assistant award. That will greatly increase your chances of getting hired.

zroid

Banned

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Fucking AFJ about reverting the name of the Rogers Centre back to SkyDome. I still call it SkyDome and they'll never make me change!

91sn32Q.jpg

Quick

Banned
Ahoy friends! Has anyone here attended FanExpo before? Anyone planning to go this year?

I've been going the last few years. It's been fun, but also a money pit. I generally decide on this last minute, but it's gotten very popular recently that I might have to decide sooner if I'm attending.

That being said, the guest list this year looks promising so far, but one/some of them will probably cancel.

Of interest for me is the Daredevil cast (Charlie Cox, Elden Henson, and Jon Bernthal). I'm assuming they'll do a panel for them.

Fucking AFJ about reverting the name of the Rogers Centre back to SkyDome. I still call it SkyDome and they'll never make me change!

91sn32Q.jpg

April 1.

tumblr_nx4r5ow4Gu1uyx50so1_400.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

91sn32Q.jpg
Please tell me you're playing yourself like Quick said just for the lulz....

Rogers is going to do everything they can to get their name out there. Might as well have Rogers brand toothpaste and toilet paper too.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

91sn32Q.jpg

tumblr_meh411cQwJ1qc9lhz.gif

Forever the SkyDome.

Though I didn't hear anything about them reverting the name because LOL as if Rogers would do that. I just call it the SkyDome.

Quick

Banned
Please tell me you're playing yourself like Quick said just for the lulz....

Rogers is going to do everything they can to get their name out there. Might as well have Rogers brand toothpaste and toilet paper too.

Should have just called it the Rogers SkyDome, but I ain't even mad. People really do still call it the SkyDome anyway like Kat said.

I've been going the last few years. It's been fun, but also a money pit. I generally decide on this last minute, but it's gotten very popular recently that I might have to decide sooner if I'm attending.

That being said, the guest list this year looks promising so far, but one/some of them will probably cancel.

Good feedback! Thanks :) Hoping Stan Lee doesn't cancel ! But I suppose you never know. I got the VIP package, as this will be the only FanExpo I go to, so I'm hoping that'll cut down on stress (somewhat). I've only ever been to smaller Cons.

Sober

What are the bets that Cox, Hensen. and Bernthal basically 'can't make it'.

Basically like how in many many past years Matt Smith/Karen Gillan couldn't 'make it' to FanExpo or only could be there for their appointed money grab aka paid autograph signings.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Should have just called it the Rogers SkyDome, but I ain't even mad. People really do still call it the SkyDome anyway like Kat said.

It made so much sense to just call it Rogers SkyDome but nope. Heck there are still stuff posted all downtown that still refer to it as SkyDome!

Quick

Banned
Good feedback! Thanks :) Hoping Stan Lee doesn't cancel ! But I suppose you never know. I got the VIP package, as this will be the only FanExpo I go to, so I'm hoping that'll cut down on stress (somewhat). I've only ever been to smaller Cons.

Stan Lee is generally a solid confirmation.

Temper your expectations in meeting him. He's basically done as he's told. Unless things have changed since the last time I met him, which didn't leave me with such a good impression.

What are the bets that Cox, Hensen. and Bernthal basically 'can't make it'.

Basically like how in many many past years Matt Smith/Karen Gillan couldn't 'make it' to FanExpo or only could be there for their appointed money grab aka paid autograph signings.

I'm expecting the worst at this point that none of them will show up.

Karen Gillan was a good lock last year at least. Her and Jenna Coleman did a Q&A together. Admittedly, it could have been better, but I wasn't sure what I was walking into when I got tickets for it right at the last second.

explodet

I saw a tasteoftoronto ad and 1/3 of the footage was just people standing in lines
What, you expected them to lie?
Everybody should be taught how that's the experience you get involving anything food related in Toronto.

You'd think we were all malnourished or something.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
We were at Stockyards today and I swear I saw Junior Mint's clone there.

Love Stockyards burgers, but service, while personable can be fucking rude sometimes. Would still eat over BP's any fucking day.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
We were at Stockyards today and I swear I saw Junior Mint's clone there.

Love Stockyards burgers, but service, while personable can be fucking rude sometimes. Would still eat over BP's any fucking day.
That's it! Throw down at the next meet up, Lanky!!

I haven't been there yet, though the biggest complaint I've heard is lack of space and a line up.
can we do that
You can't be a true Korean unless you can do that.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
That's it! Throw down at the next meet up, Lanky!!

I haven't been there yet, though the biggest complaint I've heard is lack of space and a line up.

You can't be a true Korean unless you can do that.

Yeah, it's about as much space as BP on Queen. Which is to say not much. Go before, or after the lunch rush. If we do a meetup in my neighbourhood we can cram 20 GAFers in there and take over the entire place. :p

Top Bottom