• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
They give you a shit ton of fries at Five Guys in hopes that you'll think you're getting a good value for your absurdly priced fast food meal.

Quick

Banned
They give you a shit ton of fries at Five Guys in hopes that you'll think you're getting a good value for your absurdly priced fast food meal.

No kidding. I hadn't eaten at Five Guys in probably a year until today and I forgot to ask for my burger to be in a separate bag since they fill up the bag full of fries, and I only ordered small fries.

Sober

I'm rather okay with Five Guys. The only shitty thing is the buns definitely soak up any sauces you put on that burger waaaay too fast - or I'm just that slow of an eater.

I really should try ordering small fries and seeing how much fries they actually give me, instead of just expecting medium to mostly fill the bag I get.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
First time I ordered at Five Guys I laughed when the guy filled a fry bucket with fries, put it in my bag and then proceeded to dump the rest of the fries in the bag.

...reminds me that I haven't had a good burger in awhile actually...

zroid

Banned
One time I went to Five Guys pretty late, and we were seated there as they were getting ready to close for the day. One of the employees there asked me if I wanted some extra fries. I said sure. So he just pretty much dumped most of the remaining fries they had left in a bag and gave it to me. :lol

dluu13

One time I went to Five Guys pretty late, and we were seated there as they were getting ready to close for the day. One of the employees there asked me if I wanted some extra fries. I said sure. So he just pretty much dumped most of the remaining fries they had left in a bag and gave it to me. :lol

That happened to me once, except I got an extra patty instead. I guess they do that.
My complaint was that it got really messy to eat.

jokkir

Finally went to A&C games after the relocation. Why is everything so expensive?!

Zwms6mO.jpg

wNZzG3o.jpg

I feel like I can sell some of my N64 games there and I'd be rich

dluu13

Finally went to A&C games after the relocation. Why is everything so expensive?!

My roommate brought his n64 from home but lost Super Smash Bros. He went to ask and it was $80.

I just brought my copy over the last time I visited home.

Mupod

if you've still got boxes and manuals for them yeah they'd be worth tons. I kinda wish I'd never sold my N64 back in the day since I was obsessive about keeping everything in perfect condition.

I haven't sold anything in a long time and all the games I own from GBA/PS2 onward are complete in box. I always assumed that my disc based stuff wouldn't be worth much but gamecube prices went crazy a little while ago too.

500 bucks for Clay Fighter? Or 150 bucks for Bad Fur Day in shit condition?

jesus

that specific version of clayfighter is super rare but I'm sure if you wanted a copy you could get it for less than that. Seems in line with the super insane flea market prices I see a lot where they just spend 30 seconds on ebay and slap on a sticker with the highest price they see. At least in flea markets I can haggle them down consistently.

krae_man

Conker and Clayfighter are like the only N64 games worth anything. Everything else is worth like 2 cents. Especially cart only.

A&C just capitalizes on nostalgia "OMG I love Super Mario World on the NES. $30? I'll take it"

What there are literally more copies of the game in existence then working NES's? So what!

Anth0ny

Conker and Clayfighter are like the only N64 games worth anything. Everything else is worth like 2 cents. Especially cart only.

A&C just capitalizes on nostalgia "OMG I love Super Mario World on the NES. $30? I'll take it"

What there are literally more copies of the game in existence then working NES's? So what!

Basically. N64 kids are at that age where they don't know any better and just want to relive their childhood. They'll pay $50 for Smash 64, no problem.

I got Conker like 5 years ago for maybe $60 or $70 Canadian, cart only. Not surprised that it's gone up since then.

Going to be in town this Saturday for a concert at the Sony Performing Arts Centre.

Looking for recommendation of pubs nearby for good food and drinks. Craft beer selection is a huge plus.

Thanks!

If you want more beer than food you could see if Bier Markt is busy, it's a couple minute walk away but it's not cheap

So Ben and Jerry's apparently has dedicated Creameries and today their giving away a free cone to whoever shows up to one. The only one of these locations in Toronto is in Ryerson. Lucky bastards.

Renewed

Almost thought I'd like to be back at Ryerson but stopped myself.

Today I realized money doesn't matter to me. Time to retire and leave Toronto lol

ahdurian

Any suggestions where to take my friend tomorrow to eat? She's visiting so trying to think of some nifty and/or new place to check out

yyzjohn

Banned
always old people....always

BBrG0uh.img

How's it work here in Canada for lotteries? I know you take a picture with the big cheque but do they actually give out the money in one big lump sum or is in installments over a number of years?

Edit: should have checked Wikipedia first: "As with all Canadian lottery jackpot games, winners receive their prizes in a tax-free lump sum."

How's it work here in Canada for lotteries? I know you take a picture with the big cheque but do they actually give out the money in one big lump sum or is in installments over a number of years?

Edit: should have checked Wikipedia first: "As with all Canadian lottery jackpot games, winners receive their prizes in a tax-free lump sum."

Weird, I thought we had the choice.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Dinner, somewhere between university-yonge/bloor-queen.
Any type of good is fine since she's saying she's not really picky.
Brass Rails?
Try Jacques Bistro Du Parc in Yorkville
Only for cash for life.

You can always buy our own annuity if you eant as well.
I'm not sure why anyone would want an annuity though. Always take the lump and invest some of it or spread it out yourself. Only problem, even with annuities, are the cockroaches that come out demanding money.

As for why old people...? They probably have been buying it out of habit or don't have anything else to spend their money on since their mortgage and cars and any other big expenses are already paid off, so what else are they going to spend it on besides entertainment and their kids?

yyzjohn

Banned
Brass Rails?
Try Jacques Bistro Du Parc in Yorkville

I'm not sure why anyone would want an annuity though. Always take the lump and invest some of it or spread it out yourself. Only problem, even with annuities, are the cockroaches that come out demanding money.

As for why old people...? They probably have been buying it out of habit or don't have anything else to spend their money on since their mortgage and cars and any other big expenses are already paid off, so what else are they going to spend it on besides entertainment and their kids?

I can't wait until I turn 80 and win the lottery.

Buying a presto card is like buying itchy and scratchy money isn't it

Like not a single method of transportation downtown takes it

And now the token booth guy says they're not taking debit or credit and if I pay with a 20 I have to buy 3 token minimum

dluu13

Buying a presto card is like buying itchy and scratchy money isn't it

Like not a single method of transportation downtown takes it

And now the token booth guy says they're not taking debit or credit and if I pay with a 20 I have to buy 3 token minimum

I guess it's a good thing I didn't get the presto card yet then. I don't ride transit too much so I stick with tokens for the time being.

Top Bottom