• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Oersted

Royal---Donnie-Yen--FINAL-72dpi-thumb-300xauto-60804.jpg

dluu13

last 2 summers were easy mode for me since we didn't have to pay for electricity and I had my own AC unit in my room. We'll have a huge pool though, hoping we can get that up and running before it gets hot. Roommates have some kind of harebrained scheme in mind to use the pool as a heatsink to cool the house but I'll believe that when I see it.

Seeing as how typical pools are around 25 deg C, I don't see it being very effective. That means whatever air is coming out will be somewhere in between the air temp and the water temperature. Thermodynamics is cruel.
If you have a decent fan, and copper pipe and pump lying around, you can diy an air conditioner.
FSKI8728W5EPA8L3XW.MEDIUM.jpg

http://www.instructables.com/id/Homemade-air-conditioner/

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to Playa Cabana Hacienda tonight.

I guess I'll have a review later because Kuro will demand it.
Is that a Brazilian BBQ place? You're fucking right I want a review.

The only time I've ever been to one was when I was in Seoul (don't worry, it was run by real Brazlilans) and it was disappointing.

Seeing as how typical pools are around 25 deg C, I don't see it being very effective. That means whatever air is coming out will be somewhere in between the air temp and the water temperature. Thermodynamics is cruel.
If you have a decent fan, and copper pipe and pump lying around, you can diy an air conditioner.
FSKI8728W5EPA8L3XW.MEDIUM.jpg

http://www.instructables.com/id/Homemade-air-conditioner/
Cheaper just to get a small room AC unit, but that would involve opening the window, which shadowkat can't do. I wonder how long this would take to set up and how long it would last...

dluu13

The only time I've ever been to one was when I was in Seoul (don't worry, it was run by real Brazlilans) and it was disappointing.

Cheaper just to get a small room AC unit, but that would involve opening the window, which shadowkat can't do. I wonder how long this would take to set up and how long it would last...

I'd say it's impractical unless you already have the spare parts lying around.
1. I don't even know where I would get my hands on a pump
2. Copper is expensive, but it's pretty much required because it's the only material you can easily bend around like that which has a high heat transfer efficiency.

How long it lasts depends on how much ice you can put in your cooler and how hot it is that day. More water and ice makes it last longer. If it's a hot day, then the heat exchanged when you blow the room air through the copper pipes will warm up and melt the ice faster.
It also will depend on how fast you run your pump. A faster pump will cool your room faster, but will also deplete the "cold" faster.

AC's avoid this problem by using a compressor to perform black magic to a refrigerant fluid.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

You think a place with a Spanish name is a Brazilian BBQ place? I'm highly offended.

I went to Yonge-Dundas for wings tonight and the amount of trash in the Square after the 420 stuff ended was insane, so much garbage everywhere =/

I'm going to Playa Cabana Hacienda tonight.

I guess I'll have a review later because Kuro will demand it.

I've been meaning to go to one of the Playa places for like a year, do post a review

dluu13

it was nice with the breeze
other than that, i was already sweating my ass off
definitely not looking forward to this

also, all the fucking gnats that are flying around already good god. i dont wanna go outside

Last year around September and early October, they kept finding their way inside my place through the screen doors and they would cover the walls. I vacuumed every day before bed and then the next morning, they'd be all half dead on the windowsill. I ended up vacuuming twice a day.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm...if it's smaller, we can go for Katsu or Ramen afterwards!

Lanky, you gonna come
instead of staying home and being a family man
?

ahdurian

Everything someone is chewing something with their mouth open, I want to punch them in the jaw. God damn, people, know some manners.

Has anyone here ordered something online in the US and drove over to pick it up? Like the storage places they have in Niagara?Buffalo?

Anyone can recommend a mailbox/service, or better yet knows someone trustworthy in Buffalo?

I want to buy a computer, but they only ship it within the US.

Thanks in Advance

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well...!

Happy Birthday, Evilmario you old fart.

I still don't remember the day we met, just how we met. We were both much nicer people prior to TF2...

Top Bottom