• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Eleuin

Maybe all of you should stop looking for happiness in the results of sporting events.

yeah sports are so fickle, happiness shouldn't come from something you can't control in the slightest

s/o to my therapist, I'm still dead inside even with the separation though

dluu13

yeah sports are so fickle, happiness shouldn't come from something you can't control in the slightest

s/o to my therapist, I'm still dead inside even with the separation though

I stopped letting sports dictate my happiness some way through high school cause Canucks.

Maybe it's just me but I like hockey less and less each year. I don't even bother watching it anymore. Glad I have an NBA team to watch now.

On another note, went to try the coffee Japanese cheesecake flavor at Love Me Sweet since I was having lunch at Muncheez. I don't know what happened there but the quality has gone down to shit. They don't even stamp their cakes anymore and it was literally un(der)cooked; you can hear how wet the inside is just by touching the cake. Called them and the guy told me to put it in the fridge because it's supposed to be like that.... right, must be why the bottom of the box is warped from the moisture. Looked up some Yelp reviews and yep all the recent <1 week reviews saying the same thing. 1/5, avoid this place.

Muncheez on the other hand, 5/5. Best savory crepes I've had.

zroid

Banned
And TFC has the league's best defence.

Yeah I'm still kinda sceptical about how good it really is, they've looked like they gotten a bit lucky at times. Unquestionably much better than last year though, and Irwin makes a huge difference. If the offence maintains the same pace from 2015 then TFC should be quite good.

Spizz

Banned
I used to come to Jays games and be one of the first few in line. I'm in line right now and it's going around streets...

zroid

Banned
Er31vR3.png

I see you, Spizz!

The worst is that I'm single and really am too busy at work/recovering from work to meet anyone. And everyone at work my age that I've gotten close to is in a relationship. Not that I personally mind being single but it does weigh on you when everyone around you is getting married and shit.

I look young at least...so there's that...right guys?!?!?!?! RIGHT?!!?

Renewed

The worst is that I'm single and really am too busy at work/recovering from work to meet anyone. And everyone at work my age that I've gotten close to is in a relationship. Not that I personally mind being single but it does weigh on you when everyone around you is getting married and shit.

I look young at least...so there's that...right guys?!?!?!?! RIGHT?!!?

You look young enough to be mistaken for a minor when going out to drink? (lol, thanks everyone...)

I don't have any real basis on which I can offer advice (I hardly think about it) but I imagine there are ways to meet people. Say you know a person who invites you out with their friends and that leads to something. I dunno where I'm going with this.

You look young enough to be mistaken for a minor when going out to drink? (lol, thanks everyone...)

I don't have any real basis on which I can offer advice (I hardly think about it) but I imagine there are ways to meet people. Say you know a person who invites you out with their friends and that leads to something. I dunno where I'm going with this.
I went through that phase where I was so focused on my career that I kinda lost touch with the few close friends I have so unfortunately most of my friends are from work these days. Kidna sad lol. I know In the end there are ways to meet people but man, work just mentally exhausts me and when I'm not there I'm just BLEHHH. Excuses and whatnot but still not untrue.

and not a minor but I'm turning 27 and look maybe 20 or so. If I go clean shaven then potentially less.

i'm turning 28 and still single
i win...i think
sad high five

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Heh. Enjoy your 20s while they last. Once you're 30, life is over and you're dead (or at least feel like it).

You don't have as much energy, heal more slowly, develop new aches and pains you never thought you'd get, you can't eat as much, you have more difficulty sleeping, most of you friends are going to be married, in long term relationships or having kids.

Don't waste 5 years into 30 like me. Take care of your body by exercising more and cutting back a bit on vices. I'm 35 tomorrow and feel like shit already.

Quick

Banned
Single dudes in their 20s talk? Single dudes in their 20s talk. Sup.

Hilarious thing I did almost a year ago was the Fan Expo speed dating. It was weird, but also pretty cool. Most of the women I spoke to were really cool, and I did get a bunch of contacts at the end, but I didn't do much with it.

I was interested in one of them, she didn't reply to my email. And the rest were sort of a blur, and I didn't write down any sort of descriptor for them to identify which one is which. All I had were names, their badge number, and their contact info (email or phone number). I should've written something about them to remember as I was comparing it to my own list.

I've been thinking about being more proactive about dating, but Tinder and OKCupid haven't really done anything for me.

Single dudes in their 20s talk? Single dudes in their 20s talk. Sup.

Hilarious thing I did almost a year ago was the Fan Expo speed dating. It was weird, but also pretty cool. Most of the women I spoke to were really cool, and I did get a bunch of contacts at the end, but I didn't do much with it.

I was interested in one of them, she didn't reply to my email. And the rest were sort of a blur, and I didn't write down any sort of descriptor for them to identify which one is which. All I had were names, their badge number, and their contact info (email or phone number). I should've written something about them to remember as I was comparing it to my own list.

I've been thinking about being more proactive about dating, but Tinder and OKCupid haven't really done anything for me.
yup, I've tried OKC but it seems like 99% of the time the ones I'm interested in aren't interested in me and the ones that do proactively message me are ones that I'm not too interested in. I'll keep it just in case I get lucky on it but meh.

In terms of other life "checkboxes" I'm doing ok. I have a great job. I'm healthy and fit enough. Decent looking at worst. But yet I still feel kinda empty about it all.

ahdurian

Match actually got me some responses, but then some of the women i met on there were kinda bitches irl. one I was still fine with after meeting in person though just stopped responding to me so im like "women are stupid i'm never dating women im gonna be single for the rest of my life"

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Heh. Enjoy your 20s while they last. Once you're 30, life is over and you're dead (or at least feel like it).

You don't have as much energy, heal more slowly, develop new aches and pains you never thought you'd get, you can't eat as much, you have more difficulty sleeping, most of you friends are going to be married, in long term relationships or having kids.

Don't waste 5 years into 30 like me. Take care of your body by exercising more and cutting back a bit on vices. I'm 35 tomorrow and feel like shit already.

I can't wait for our 40s so we can laugh about how good we felt in our 30s by comparison.
:(

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait for our 40s so we can laugh about how good we felt in our 30s by comparison.
:(

:'(

I have a couple of grey hairs. Which I know is not bad since people younger than me have way more grey hair. But the most tragic thing was that I pulled one out and when I looked at it, the top half of the hair was white and the bottom was brown.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
:'(

I have a couple of grey hairs. Which I know is not bad since people younger than me have way more grey hair. But the most tragic thing was that I pulled one out and when I looked at it, the top half of the hair was white and the bottom was brown.

The sides of my head are riddled with them, but I keep my hair so short it's tough to notice. I don't mind the grey though, I welcome it. Just hold off on the male pattern baldness for a while.. please..

N° 2048

Fuckk...I'm going to be dead by 35. I'm 27 and depressed already. Reading that :(

dluu13

If I had a bunch of daughters like you, I'd age even faster.

Hah, mr. rager, just you wait. It'll sneak up on you. New aches and pains, suddenly getting extremely sleepy, not able to eat or drink as much. IT'LL HAPPEN TO YOUUUUUU!
20d1c868ab019f69b9837d11e9569ba2.jpg

I already feel like I am wasting my money when I go get anything all you can eat because I get full so quickly now.

I'm 30, and if I could say anything to my younger self, I would say enjoy your metabolism while it lasts. I miss being able to eat anything and still be a size 34.

As for dating, I've met a few people over POF and OkC. Perhaps I'm showing my age, but I find the problem these days is that people actually have too much choice and therefore are more picky. Not that anyone should settle, but it just makes the dating experience more frustrating. Especially when you're bombarded by relationship ish on social media.

I'm actually hoping to do the Speed Dating thing at FanExpo. Never quite done anything like that before.

This person knows what's up. Behold! The ravages of age!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
My cousin has a daughter who's turning 17 this year and been dating the same guy for over 2 years, they're already talking about getting married. Coincidentally, my cousin has no hair left.
Your cousin needs to make sure his daughter's BF doesn't put a bun in the oven until she's graduated at least.

Edit: graduated University or college :p

Top Bottom