• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the bank for a pre approval mortgage...shit is stressful!

But in hilarious news a buddy of mine who is looking for a place almost bought in Mimico.

I wish he did for inside joke reasons.

Congrats. I just submitted all my documents to finalize my mortgage!

Just make sure you don't take out a mortgage from TD - fuck them and their collateral charge mortgages.

Brinbe

Toronto Wolfpack! Love it. Even if it a third tier team, which I guess is like the ECHL of English Rugby lol. But they would be making history as the first transatlantic sports team. Pretty cool, hope they're a success.

Also, totally forgot to share my vid here of Norm's dunk from game 5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZzGz4shw1s

Can't wait for the game tonight! Gonna be down at JP as always. Let's get it, TOSports fam. =)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Congrats. I just submitted all my documents to finalize my mortgage!

Just make sure you don't take out a mortgage from TD - fuck them and their collateral charge mortgages.

Hahaha and that's who I first met with, that got brought up.

I'm going to ask around obviously but it's hilarious you bring it up as I felt the same way when it was brought up.

Hahaha and that's who I first met with, that got brought up.

I'm going to ask around obviously but it's hilarious you bring it up as I felt the same way when it was brought up.

Yeah it makes no sense to voluntarily give up your mortgage flexibility without any benefit from TD... like the rates are the same as any other bank and you get basically nothing in return for locking yourself into more fees if you decide to refinance your mortgage elsewhere.

What bank did you use then?

I wanted to stay with a Big 5 bank and I ended up going with BMO even though I do my banking with TD.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Note to self... fuck TD mortgages.

Maybe I'll poke at RBC.

Yeah, we were thinking about RBC because our work has ties to them even though we're with TD and PC ourselves. I don't really care for the RBC guy we worked with before, but maybe I'll give them another chance.

explodet

They're who I bank with primarily, and I guess I can see there's an advantage with going with one of the big 5.
But honestly I'm still at the point where I'm raising money for a down payment, and all the steps and factors and possible pitfalls of home ownership makes me want to blow my brains out.

I'd rather hide under a blanket and play videogames for a week straight.

dluu13

We need to exterminate the midges

They are so bad today ugggghhhh

So that's what they are called. I never knew until today. Last summer, I had to keep my windows open to let my room reach an acceptable temperature, but they would keep finding their way into my room through the screen somehow. I vacuumed my walls every night before I slept...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Considering that I'm working at Scotiabank right now... Don't use Scotiabank.
Used to work at RBC. The people there were pretty decent and they were serious about compliance, but my boss was horrid. "Oh you need to pay us back money for this vacation you took" "I was already approved for this and told this is what I was allotted" "nope" *argument ensued* they took 2K out of my bank account for a month and I didn't get it resolved until I complained to my former boss' boss.

see, during the winter this issue doesn't happen

legit this
I hope a midge gets in your eye...!

Edit: IT BEGINS! TORONTO SPORTS!!!

ahdurian

TORONTO SPORTS TEAMS

im actually tempted to try and get tickets for Game 7...but thinking i might just be wasting 150+ per ticket to watch them get eliminated

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to be about 10 gigs over my cap this month. I think this is the first time in years I've been over, but wtf with caps anyways. It's 400GB for me. Steam gaems along with digital download games are killing me. I bought 3-5 full games and I downloaded DS1 and DS2 for lulz and streamed movies and shows from Netflix along with my wife.

Fuck the Internet in Canada. Fuck it all to hell.

It's BS that the three Costcos in Markham and Richmond Hill don't have gas stations :(

I have to drive to Vaughan today, getting excited about the prospect of cheap gas
Costcos normally have gas stations? I live like 10 minutes from one in Markham so that's the only one I have been to

zroid

Banned
Costcos normally have gas stations? I live like 10 minutes from one in Markham so that's the only one I have been to

I don't know how "normal" it is, but the ones in Scarborough and Vaughan have them, I know that much. It's like 12-15 cents cheaper than the local rates.

Quick

Banned
A whole bunch of Costcos have gas stations now. I don't think it was common a few years ago, but definitely a lot more now.

yyzjohn

Banned
I was at the meet up high fiving everyone. Also, Raptors will lose in sacrifice. TORONTO SPORTS!

Leafs deserve this man, did everything right with the rebuild so far, great front office and great coach in place, promising prospects coming and now Matthews, feels good man.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
rfw09OZh.jpg

MuFPsR5h.jpg

Quick, we need you to photoshop Matthews in there. :D

zorbsie

Thanks for all the laughs at the meet up gang. Had a blast meeting everyone. Dat NHL draft though. lol Loved that tables around us were asking, "What are they watching?" as the Jays game was on. Also two pics with eyes closed. I need some eyes photoshoped on those pics.

Mupod

EGLX was PACKED on saturday, but there didn't seem like much reason to go there if you weren't competing. I got to talk to the Warframe folks a bit and their booth was tiiiiny. There were some retro game stores set up but I noped hard at their prices - easily double what I find at flea markets (which aren't cheap either nowadays).

The Smash section was IMMENSE, their entrants dwarfed every other game. We had like 8 PS4s for SF5 in one corner of a table, meanwhile there were dozens and dozens of Wii Us and Gamecubes with CRT TVs. Apparently CoD players act like children even in person though, you'd think you were on xbox live walking past their stations when a team won. The hearthstone stage looked cool but I have absolutely no interest in hearthstone.

I couldn't even get into the VR demo section because the lineup was, like, the entire hall. I just went and played more SF5.

SF5 was fun and I was perfectly happy to hang out over there all day. As someone who never gets local competition it was great being able to go up against some really high level players. I got destroyed by a few of them but there were several there who were very close to me in skill. Found out where Brampton fighting game players hold their events too, apparently. Also when I was playing against a Laura, we heard a girl behind us say she liked his character, turned around and it was a Laura cosplayer.

I guess there were some well known players around. I don't follow Smash but I recognized Mew2king and I don't think I've ever seen a human look more uncomfortable. Woolie, Kbrad and Dieminion were all super nice though.

Not gonna bother going today though as I have stuff to do and SF5 is over, will probably go next time even though the parts of the show that weren't esports were kinda lame.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
This isn't the NBA where one player can make a huge difference. The hype leading up to the lottery and the reaction to winning it was way overblown.

Leafs get an NHL ready first line center now

I mean... they haven't had one of those in like... well... A DECADE

The hype... is because he's a crown jewel piece. He's potentially our Crosby. Our McDavid. Our Tavares. Leafs already have more high end talent right now than they've had since 2003-04.

It accelerates the team towards becoming contenders

Top Bottom