• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

dluu13

Google it. I had a ProveIt test for Excel and outlook and the whole thing was on YouTube.

Somehow, despite having all the answers, I still didn't get 100% 0_0

I think that math is a harder thing to just google, simply because of the endless possibilities for questions. What do the questions look like?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I have a coupe of potential job prospects. For one of them I need to do an appitude test. They game me some sample questions. Fuuuck the mathematical word problems. I couldn't do never translate the words into
math when I was in school, never mind now. I'm worried about this. The sequential and spacial stuff I should be fine on. Math? Yeah, I couldn't figure out the first few questions I looked at.
Take a pic and let the Asians figure it out for you. Well, everyone except Sober because I hear he's a sub par Asian.

Renewed

The only thing that could stop D-Wade... the forces that reside here are too much

R3Ba3ji.png

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Google it. I had a ProveIt test for Excel and outlook and the whole thing was on YouTube.

Somehow, despite having all the answers, I still didn't get 100% 0_0

For Algebra problems? If it was just ProveIt, I'd be fine. I've done those tests before and aced the Outlook, Word, Powerpoint parts of it. Excel I had some issues with but when I did a review I realized that they wanted me to answer in a specific way (though the way I was doing it was right). So I did it their way and was fine.

This is an example of the practice questions they gave me:

If a boat goes downstream 72 miles in 3 hours and upstream 60 miles in 6 hours the rate of the river and the rate of the boat in still water respectively are ______?

A) 7 & 6mph B) 7 & 17 C) 6 &17 mph D) 6 & 18 E) none

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
For Algebra problems? If it was just ProveIt, I'd be fine. I've done those tests before and aced the Outlook, Word, Powerpoint parts of it. Excel I had some issues with but when I did a review I realized that they wanted me to answer in a specific way (though the way I was doing it was right). So I did it their way and was fine.

If a boat goes downstream 72 miles in 3 hours and upstream 60 miles in 6 hours the rate of the river and the rate of the boat in still water respectively are ______?

F) wat?! 0_o

Renewed

In that case it's just a matter of velocities and distance travelled (time*(velocities)=distance). Solving for something like the boat's velocity and plugging that back into solving for the current's velocity.

dluu13

That also requires an understanding of the concept that velocity is relative. And then you have to solve the system of two equations with two unknowns.

It's definitely not something you might be expected to do off the cuff and it's something that you would need to go back and learn for this test.
But I feel like that kind of question can be learned quickly with some practice. How are you faring on them on your practice runs?

I got b by the way and can elaborate if you are having trouble

Sober

Damn what kind of job is it that requires this kind of math homework?

Show me the damn work cause I even just forgot until now that velocity != speed. What the hell do you need high school physics homework job is this? Sounds like some supreme bullshit.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Damn what kind of job is it that requires this kind of math homework?

Show me the damn work cause I even just forgot until now that velocity != speed. What the hell do you need high school physics homework job is this? Sounds like some supreme bullshit.

I am 100% positive I can do this job easily and well. I'm 99% positive I won't get this job because of the math part of this test.

work
There is quite a bit involved.

Your answer is right but I must be blind because I still can't see how you got the answer. I understand the 10mph and 24mph (that's as far as I got myself) but I'm a bit lost at the bottom part.

This just makes me feel stupid and I'm NOT stupid. With some of the questions, I get to a certain point and just stall. I did get one of the answer to one of the questions but by reverse engineering it based on the potential answers. Which is not the way your supposed to do it but whatever.

Another sample question:

The sum of both digits, of either two two-digit numbers, in whatever order the digits are written, is 9. The square of either of the digits of either number, minus the product of both digits, plus the square of the other digit is the number 21. The numbers are ____?

A) 36,63 B) 81,18 C) 27,72 D)45,54 E) none

Entropia

No One Remembers

I had to do a similar test prior to getting my last job. They didn't really care about how well you did, it was mostly just to see your strengths/weaknesses. Unless that type of question is directly related to your job I wouldn't worry about it.

This is your friendly reminder
(from a geography student who studies this data)
to complete your census form. Today's the last day.
pls do it pls

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I had to do a similar test prior to getting my last job. They didn't really care about how well you did, it was mostly just to see your strengths/weaknesses. Unless that type of question is directly related to your job I wouldn't worry about it.

Nope, it's not directly related. The job is not highly mathematical, as far as I can tell. I also had to do a personality assessment and ethics assessment.

dluu13

I am 100% positive I can do this job easily and well. I'm 99% positive I won't get this job because of the math part of this test.

Your answer is right but I must be blind because I still can't see how you got the answer. I understand the 10mph and 24mph (that's as far as I got myself) but I'm a bit lost at the bottom part.

This just makes me feel stupid and I'm NOT stupid. With some of the questions, I get to a certain point and just stall. I did get one of the answer to one of the questions but by reverse engineering it based on the potential answers. Which is not the way your supposed to do it but whatever.

Another sample question:

The sum of both digits, of either two two-digit numbers, in whatever order the digits are written, is 9. The square of either of the digits of either number, minus the product of both digits, plus the square of the other digit is the number 21. The numbers are ____?

A) 36,63 B) 81,18 C) 27,72 D)45,54 E) none

The math part doesn't take long, but the recognition of what math you need to do is the stumbling block. The recognition of what kind of math is actually quite involved, requiring an understanding of some physics concepts. I pm'ed you with a more detailed explanation of my answer.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
My iPhone5 over heated and shut off today driving home. I was using Waze with my sunroof and window open with the sun hitting my phone the entire time. It's not even hot outside.

As far as the food, there's a place on Augusta named Otto's. I haven't had it and it's not Halal but I've been told it's good.

http://ottosdoner.com/

Sober

Oh great not this shit again. I guess I gotta pony up for another phone plan coming soon. Unless they still plan to honour the same plan I ha(d)ve with Mobilicity.

Rogers just buy everyone out and do us all a favour and even rename Canada to Rogers Country.

Mhee12Bee

Oh great not this shit again. I guess I gotta pony up for another phone plan coming soon. Unless they still plan to honour the same plan I ha(d)ve with Mobilicity.

"According to Rogers, each of those customers will have the option to shift to a “comparable Chatr plan,” but their current monthly wireless plan will not be grandfathered."

Quick

Banned
I might try out Uber Eats tomorrow at work. Just downloaded the app and I seem to have a couple of options in Scarborough. Two Thai and one Chinese place.

Edit: Map on the Uber Eats website only covers west of Scarborough from midtown to downtown.

Sober

"According to Rogers, each of those customers will have the option to shift to a “comparable Chatr plan,” but their current monthly wireless plan will not be grandfathered."
Well I guess it's Wind. Or I guess since my brother works at PWC i can maybe get onto his Rogers corporate plan.

Top Bottom