• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

N° 2048

yo mans been talkin like this all da taimeeeeee.

everyone person I knew outgrew that accent as soon as they outgrew their fake ass gangsterness. including myself.

Renewed

I didn't go through that phase or whatever. I think I know the accent but I can't check (coming home).

How are the Raps leading right now?

Renewed

Got home. 16 point lead with 9 minutes? There's no way to screw this up.

As long as everyone's where they need to be and maintaining an OK pace this should be fine.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats to the Raptors! I hope this means all the demons have been vanquished. Cleveland is going to be a tough test, but I'm hoping for good things for TORONTO SPORTS!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Congrats to the Raptors! I hope this means all the demons have been vanquished. Cleveland is going to be a tough test, but I'm hoping for good things for TORONTO SPORTS!

It's kind of awesome to see the turnaround that's been happening with toronto sports teams

Hurry up, leafs

Brinbe

8UY2mI2.png

Quadratic

Yeah, I'm hoping it's not a sweep for the Raptors.

Everyone knows whoever comes out of the East will have to face Steph Curry Supernova. Golden State are unstoppable right now.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Everyone knows whoever comes out of the East will have to face Steph Curry Supernova. Golden State are unstoppable right now.

I thought San Antonio would be unstoppable too and fully expected them to meet Golden State.

I think we won two of our 3 games against Cleveland, but teams always play differently in the playoffs. See Atlanta vs. Cleveland, and San Antonio vs. OKC. The Raps can beat Cavs but they're gonna need to fight tooth and nail for every single win. Everything is stacked against them in the next series... Again.

Lexxism

I think we won two of our 3 games against Cleveland, but teams always play differently in the playoffs. See Atlanta vs. Cleveland, and San Antonio vs. OKC. The Raps can beat Cavs but they're gonna need to fight tooth and nail for every single win. Everything is stacked against them in the next series... Again.
Raptors needs the regular season DeRozan and Lowry to win against the Cavs.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Raptors needs the regular season DeRozan and Lowry to win against the Cavs.

And they've had that the last 3-4 games.

Either way holy shit just got home now, my ears are still ringing from the ACC crowd. I can't believe I'm finally seeing the Raptors go to the Eastern Conference Finals.

What a time to be alive.

Quadratic

Was downtown watching the game at a pub. When I was headed home on the subway it was full of rowdy Raptors fans. Overheard people saying that it was such an exciting moment for this generation of Toronto sports fans. Seems like a lot of fans I was around on the train weren't alive during the Jays heyday.

Brinbe

Was downtown watching the game at a pub. When I was headed home on the subway it was full of rowdy Raptors fans. Overheard people saying that it was such an exciting moment for this generation of Toronto sports fans. Seems like a lot of fans I was around on the train weren't alive during the Jays heyday.

We old, breh.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Well think any kid born within a few years before or after the Jays back to back world series are only about early to mid 20s.

Toronto has been a wasteland since 69 if you exclude the Jays.

3 or 4 conference finals for the Leafs.

Raptors arrives.

1 Raptors playoff series win.

Leafs epic choke.

That's pretty much it.

The only reason I remember when the Jays won the World Series is because that's the year I was born.

No internet back then. We had to use vhs tapes to record the game followed by city news highlights.

Oakland A's were a good rival back then. Jose Canseco, Mark McGwire, Ricky Henderson, Dennis Eckersley. Definitely AL rivals.

Jays with Alomar, Winfield, carter, Olerud, Molitor and that insanely good bullpen.

What a terrible time in technology - imagine those stars in HD glory

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

See below:

The only reason I remember when the Jays won the World Series is because that's the year I was born.

I was still in diapers when the Jay's last won a series lmao.

Still a good day for Toronto sports in general.

They don't even know what WAMCO means.

krae_man

No internet back then. We had to use vhs tapes to record the game followed by city news highlights.

Oakland A's were a good rival back then. Jose Canseco, Mark McGwire, Ricky Henderson, Dennis Eckersley. Definitely AL rivals.

Jays with Alomar, Winfield, carter, Olerud, Molitor and that insanely good bullpen.

Winfield and Molitor were not on the team at the same time. Oh and Ricky was on the Jays when Molitor was.

Not to nitpick but Molitor and Winfield were not Jays at the same time. Yeah those were the glory days though. I never missed a game and by the time I was 7 I could probably name every player on the roster.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Good on the Raptors, they did what they should have done, but didn't make it easy on themselves. Lowry out of his mental funk is a great thing.

Everything from here on out is icing on the cake. I'd love to say it'd be a long series, but I just don't see it going past five. If Irving suddenly slumps, Valanciunas comes back at 90%, Lowry stays hot.. sure longer, but that's a lot of chips that have to fall in the Raptors favour.

Both CF series will be very entertaining to me though, can't wait.

Top Bottom