• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

yyzjohn

Banned
And so it begins.

I would like to propose a #TeamReasonable. Our members will advocate cold weather in the winter, warm weather in the summers, and moderate weather in fall and spring. Who is with me?

IFYveJo.jpg

Quick

Banned
I've had a huge smile on my face all day.

I had a shitty end to my day yesterday, but the Raps win still felt so good. And now that I found my house keys (lost it last night, found it at my office today), things are even better.

Our heating system is busted at work, and it's currently freezing. Crossing my fingers my boss decides to shut down for the day.

Eleuin

Still can't believe the raps are in the ecf

I've been very down on the team but nonetheless what an accomplishment for this city

The days of Kapono, Turkeyglue & O'neal seem to have been ages ago

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Still can't believe the raps are in the ecf

I've been very down on the team but nonetheless what an accomplishment for this city

Laughed at Turkeyglue. I still remember Mighty Mouse and Junkyard Dog.

Quick

Banned

Gonna flash back to the Colangelo days with Sam Mitchell and Jay Triano:

Remember the days of Bosh, Bargnani, Charlie V, JOSE Calderon, Parker, TJ Ford, Kris Humphries (lol)?

You know the crushing feeling when you're passed over for a promotion you should've had in the bag in favour of someone with a year less experience and you feel like you have no upward potential at the company? That's me right now.

Quick

Banned
You know the crushing feeling when you're passed over for a promotion you should've had in the bag in favour of someone with a year less experience and you feel like you have no upward potential at the company? That's me right now.

My job's looking like a dead end right now. I've been here for a year, and I already want to leave, and promotions in the future don't seem likely, nor would I want to further myself here (depending on the promotion). Not that I expect one after just one year.

My job's looking like a dead end right now. I've been here for a year, and I already want to leave, and promotions in the future don't seem likely, nor would I want to further myself here (depending on the promotion). Not that I expect one after just one year.
Yeah I'm into my third year there now and the most senior team member to apply. I think it was 50/50, but it still stings a lot. My numbers are through the roof, so I think part of it is them not wanting to lose that. Also I'm not married and am the youngest on the team, so I'm a flight risk, haha. The person who got it isn't.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
In that situation, I'd sit down with the boss and asked what happened. Use it for next time. Or, if it's a dumbass reasons, go elsewhere.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yeah I'm into my third year there now and the most senior team member to apply. I think it was 50/50, but it still stings a lot. My numbers are through the roof, so I think part of it is them not wanting to lose that. Also I'm not married and am the youngest on the team, so I'm a flight risk, haha. The person who got it isn't.
Sounds like it's time to make up a fake wife and kids.

In that situation, I'd sit down with the boss and asked what happened. Use it for next time. Or, if it's a dumbass reasons, go elsewhere.
Part of me thinks they had their mind made up from the start, the company isn't exactly the most sound when it comes to things like this. I could go on and on but would rather not do that online, haha.

I'm pretty tired of the job anyway, so after June (big annual profit sharing cheque) I'm likely looking real hard for a change of scenery.

Azih

Gonna flash back to the Colangelo days with Sam Mitchell and Jay Triano:

Remember the days of Bosh, Bargnani, Charlie V, JOSE Calderon, Parker, TJ Ford, Kris Humphries (lol)?

Hey who should be our starting point guard? Calderon or <insert mediocre PG here>?

zroid

Banned
Two Toronto teams in the Conference finals (three if you include the Jays' most recently concluded season), and the Leafs top prospect playing for the Memorial Cup

what a time to be alive

The NBA conversation is about OKC, GSW and the Cavs.

I hope the Raptors fuck shit up because they are basically being treated as an afterthought.

Quick

Banned

I hope the Raptors fuck shit up because they are basically being treated as an afterthought.

If the Raptors could at least make the games close and/or bring it to a game 5 or 6, I'd be so happy.

A Game 7 doesn't seem to be in the cards based on lineup comparisons, but that could just be my Toronto Sports pessimism.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

There is always the possibility of an upset, but I don't think any team, and that includes Cleveland, can take out Golden State. They're too stronk

At this point I just want the Raptors to do well because I want maintain the satisfaction of not giving the NBA what they want. Fuck their Wade vs. Lebron storyline.

Also everyone last night was so set on GSW winning. Then OKC came back. Dreams come true? Dreams can come true

Just look at this level of disrespect though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
At this point I just want the Raptors to do well because I want maintain the satisfaction of not giving the NBA what they want. Fuck their Wade vs. Lebron storyline.

Also everyone last night was so set on GSW winning. Then OKC came back. Dreams come true? Dreams can come true

Bahahahahahah! Was that before we eliminated the Heat though? Maybe they'll all forget about it in their collective memories if the Raptors do win. "2016 champions? That was Golden State...right? Or a lockout year?"

zroid

Banned
As the Raptors and Cavaliers prepare to meet in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference final on Tuesday, the Star examines the relative misery each fan base has been asked to endure:

Most heartbreaking loss

Toronto: On May 27, 1993, the Leafs were just one win from playing in the Stanley Cup, their first in a lifetime. Wayne Gretzky clipped Doug Gilmour with a high stick, but there was no call. Gretzky went on to score the overtime winner, and the Kings went on to win the series. &#8220;For Maple Leaf fans, Kerry Fraser is Bill Buckner,&#8221; long-time Leafs fan Sean McIndoe wrote for Grantland. &#8220;He&#8217;s Scott Norwood. He&#8217;s Chris Webber&#8217;s timeout.&#8221;

Cleveland: On. Jan. 17, 1988, the Browns staged an improbable comeback on the road in Denver, down a touchdown with a minute to play in the AFC Championship. Running back Earnest Byner was running in for the tying score when he fumbled at the Denver two-yard line, a loss that still lingers. &#8220;I felt like I did let a lot of people down,&#8221; Byner recently told ESPN. &#8220;As a matter of fact, I know I did. I accept that responsibility.&#8221;

Edge: Cleveland

Most jaw-dropping loss

Toronto: It was 4-1 with 14 minutes 31 seconds to play. The Leafs held a three-goal lead in the third period of Game 7 against the Boston Bruins in 2013. And then they collapsed. Boston scored three times before the final buzzer &#8211; including twice in the final two minutes &#8211; and scored once more in overtime to earn a 5-4 win.

Cleveland: On Jan. 11, 1987, the Browns were leading the Broncos by a touchdown in an AFC Championship game at home. Cleveland was five minutes from the Super Bowl, the first in franchise history. And then John Elway stepped on the field. He led the Broncos on a 98-yard drive to tie the game. And Denver won in overtime.

Edge: Toronto

Most painful exit

Toronto: Vince Carter, the incandescent superstar who became known as Air Canada, had become injured and unhappy with the Raptors. In December 2004, he was traded to New Jersey. It was not an amicable divorce, and the move was only one in a line of setbacks for the team. As Raptors forward Donyell Marshall told reporters: &#8220;He was to Canada what Michael Jordan was to the Bulls.&#8221;

Cleveland: On July 8, 2010, LeBron James, a native of nearby Akron, Ohio, appeared on ESPN to announce where he intended to play the following season, after seven seasons with his hometown Cavaliers. With one sentence, a number of Cleveland fans burned jerseys and other merchandise. James told the audience: &#8220;I&#8217;m going to take my talents to South Beach and join the Miami Heat.&#8221;

Most agonizing drought

Toronto: Next season, the Leafs will mark 50 years since their last Stanley Cup win.

Cleveland: It has been 52 years since any major Cleveland team &#8212; the Cavaliers, Browns or Indians &#8212; have won a title. (The Browns won in 1964, before the Super Bowl existed.)

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Fucking seriously? Other? There are only four teams left.

LOL

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If the Raptors could at least make the games close and/or bring it to a game 5 or 6, I'd be so happy.

A Game 7 doesn't seem to be in the cards based on lineup comparisons, but that could just be my Toronto Sports pessimism.

I'm gonna break it down to you.

I will be rooting for the Raps every game, hoping they pull this out.

My brain tells me Cavs in 5 or 6 unfortunately BUT Lowry and Demar are starting to look like they can shoot again and Lowry especially seems to be turning into the "Fuck you" Kyle Lowry that was an all-star and an MVP candidate early in the season.

For us to be in this series Lowry basically has to play at a ridiculous level.

I will say at least these Raptors are resilient they will fight in this series and their defense is really good.

Eleuin

Demar's game is still ugly since he takes such a high amount of shots but doesn't convert at even a reasonable % most of the time. It just doesn't work the same in the playoffs because he doesn't get as much foul calls.

I agree it all falls on lowry going ss3 but derozan certainly doesn't help

Also Calderon used to be a baller (at least on offense), probably my favorite player outside of VC and Bosh

Still winnable, but even so, after this game the Raps really gotta make some changes. Everytime I hear these ESPN announcers flat out say "Yeah, the Raptors never had a chance." It makes me want to believe in the Raptors even more.

EDIT: I take it back this game is over. Holy shit I can't watch anymore

God it's only end of the 3rd quarter. Everyone just looks so tired. Lowry needs to go through another character arc where he needs to "find himself" again. Caroll has the thousand-yard-stare going. We've never won a game one so far but this is probably the worst so far. The Raps are coming off playing a hard won 7 game series and the Cavs had 9 days of rest. Not a surprising loss but it still hurts

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
God it's only end of the 3rd quarter. Everyone just looks so tired. Lowry needs to go through another character arc where he needs to "find himself" again. Caroll has the thousand-yard-stare going. We've never won a game one so far but this is probably the worst so far. The Raps are coming off playing a hard won 7 game series and the Cavs had 9 days of rest. Not a surprising loss but it still hurts
Fatigue definitely settling in. Well, at least I can see Golden State destroy the Cavs.

Top Bottom