• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Something's happening at yonge Dundas. There are a ton of cops and loud music. Does anybody know what it is?
Edit: turns out somebody tried to steal from lcbo and decided to fight the cops.
Look, they shouldn't have run out of sours then if they didn't want to start shit with me....

This was a pretty shitty week and I was and still am in pain from all of it. Goddamn inflammation won't go away and it feels like someone is cutting me with a hot knife all the time.

On the plus side, I while the old body is in pain, at least I feel better after some gamin' . Was able to score a copy of Elite Beat Agents and just lost myself in it for hours. Freakin fantastic game!

Renewed

I just got home. Miku concert was lit af fam

They opened with Anamanaguchi (holy shiiiiit, yes)

dsc_0085xbl3i.jpg

And once Miku was started, no one was in their seats anymore. Hell, I got too into it but it was amazing. And when Anamanguchi came back on with Miku, I was dead from hype

I got a bit of merch (no clothing, lol) like a wall scroll, blue pouch wallet, keychain, wristband and the stuff I got from the VIP package.

I was also at the Miku Expo thing and had a blast. I went to the pre-merch and got two wall scrolls but that's it. Gonna save the rest of my funds for Anime North next weekend.

The concert itself was fantastic. It was my first time seeing Anamanaguchi live and holy shit they were really great. The collaboration at the end with Miku was fantastic. I know the Vocaloid's they used were the older ones but they still looked fantastic on stage. I hope they come back again next year for another North American tour with some newer songs.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Look, they shouldn't have run out of sours then if they didn't want to start shit with me....

This was a pretty shitty week and I was and still am in pain from all of it. Goddamn inflammation won't go away and it feels like someone is cutting me with a hot knife all the time.

On the plus side, I while the old body is in pain, at least I feel better after some gamin' . Was able to score a copy of Elite Beat Agents and just lost myself in it for hours. Freakin fantastic game!

I love Elite Beat Agents. And Ouendan. To this day I can't hear some songs without picturing and hearing EBA. Forever sad there is no sequel.

Hope the tendonitis heals up soon.

dluu13

Tendinitis in feet. Today, both feet. Extensor on left foot and Achilles on right foot.

Ouch. So are you pretty much immobile now?

I had an inflammation in my saliva glands one time. The pain radiated through all my teeth, jaw, ears, and eyes it was awful. I couldn't even eat properly that week.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I love Elite Beat Agents. And Ouendan. To this day I can't hear some songs without picturing and hearing EBA. Forever sad there is no sequel.

Well, there was an interview recently with the creator and he said he'd like one
Maybe I should stop with the Voodoo doll....nah.
I'm not stopping my voodoo doll to get you electrocuted.
Ouch. So are you pretty much immobile now?

I had an inflammation in my saliva glands one time. The pain radiated through all my teeth, jaw, ears, and eyes it was awful. I couldn't even eat properly that week.
Even the weight of the blanket causes pain. I just finished Physio now and very slowly limping and taking baby steps back home. Long weekend is supposed to be perfect too. Sigh...plus side I have an interview on Tuesday so I can hopefully get out of this terrible company.

Pacbois

Guys, I have some great news, my visa application got approved so I'll be moving to Canada in less than a year! Even though I plan to live in Montréal first because it's super cheap I'll try to visit Toronto a lot and do meetups again!

Lexxism

Guys, I have some great news, my visa application got approved so I'll be moving to Canada in less than a year! Even though I plan to live in Montréal first because it's super cheap I'll try to visit Toronto a lot and do meetups again!
Are you #teamwinter
or teamsummer
? This is important !

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Please look down on them internally for not speaking proper French. >:D

Congrats though! I hope things go smoothly and you'll be set up with employment soon and everything too.

That feel when you get food poisoning just as the long weekend starts.

Also I've been pracrastinating on getting my G for like 3 or 4 years and I just realized my G2 expires in a few months......shit.

EBA is a guilty pleasure. Really guilty.

Quick

Banned
That feel when you get food poisoning just as the long weekend starts.

Also I've been pracrastinating on getting my G for like 3 or 4 years and I just realized my G2 expires in a few months......shit.

EBA is a guilty pleasure. Really guilty.

I made the mistake of letting my G2 expire. I had to redo my G1 and G2 tests again, but thankfully I didn't need to wait between G1 and G2 tests. Then I just did my G immediately, so I pretty much got it all done within around 3-4 weeks.

Sober

I made the mistake of letting my G2 expire. I had to redo my G1 and G2 tests again, but thankfully I didn't need to wait between G1 and G2 tests. Then I just did my G immediately, so I pretty much got it all done within around 3-4 weeks.
I have a similar question, because my G road test is scheduled the day it expires. I wonder what's up.

So if your license lapses you have to do vision test -> G1 Written test -> G2 baby road test -> G road test? And I guess repay for the license fee to start at G1 again?

I guess the amount of time it takes just depends on availability at that point rather than making you wait artificially for the second time around, yeah?

Quick

Banned
Basically, yes. Availability plus not having to do the 10 hours of lessons with an instructor (plus driving school) again.

lol I went to see when I could book the G test and it turns out I had already booked it for May 24. WTF I don't even recall doing this and they never sent a reminder. It's at 11am. Victoria Park location. What's the traffic like on the DVP at that time?

Been driving four a couple years so I'm hoping it's easy if I don't display any stupid habits which I don't really have other than driving with one hand on the wheel lol. I have until september to get this thing.

dluu13

Not sure what it's like here for driving tests but I assume it's similar all across Canada. I just picked a place with lots of traffic and spend most of the exam in a traffic jam. Worked out pretty well lol.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
lol I went to see when I could book the G test and it turns out I had already booked it for May 24. WTF I don't even recall doing this and they never sent a reminder. It's at 11am. Victoria Park location. What's the traffic like on the DVP at that time?

Been driving four a couple years so I'm hoping it's easy if I don't display any stupid habits which I don't really have other than driving with one hand on the wheel lol. I have until september to get this thing.

How far are you coming from? Traffic generally starts to die down by 9 or so.

How far are you coming from? Traffic generally starts to die down by 9 or so.
that's pretty good. I mostly just meant that if I'm doing the G test there they will likely make me drive on the DVP. That and I'll likely take it home.

I'm fully jinxing myself here. if I fail on tuesday it's all on you guys.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
that's pretty good. I mostly just meant that if I'm doing the G test there they will likely make me drive on the DVP. That and I'll likely take it home.

I'm fully jinxing myself here. if I fail on tuesday it's all on you guys.

I did my test there. I failed the first time. I also didn't have to go on the DVP (no graduated liscence for me!!). If they take you on the DVP, you get on at Lawrence, they make you merge, change one lane, get back into the right lane and then get off at York Mills. I've seen them do it while on the DVP.

mr.rager

A bunch of my friends and I were planning on getting some ribs at ribfest but after seeing the lineup, we decided to go to burger priest instead lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
A bunch of my friends and I were planning on getting some ribs at ribfest but after seeing the lineup, we decided to go to burger priest instead lol
Ribfest is pretty awesome. The last one I went to was in Mississauga and I had butter beer there.

Just thinking about it raises the ol blood glucose...

dluu13

Ribfest is pretty awesome. The last one I went to was in Mississauga and I had butter beer there.

I went to the Guelph one with a buddy from there last year. Nearly had a heart attack. I plan to do it again this year.

Brinbe

Reposting from the meetup thread just in case

omg, sorry guys. Feel like a total jackass. I didn't intentionally dine and dash. I'm not that much of a cheapskate lol. My manager texted me and I had to to jet to work right away and it totally slipped my mind. I just got home from work now and realized during my break that I stupidly forgot to put in my share. Goddamn it. What do I owe you all? Like 20 bucks? I got y'all next time. Unless you want me to e-transfer funds to someone? Anyway, sorry again! Hope I didn't ruin your guys time or anything. I feel awful about it.

Anyway, at least the Raps won? =)

dluu13

omg, sorry guys. Feel like a total jackass. I didn't intentionally dine and dash. I'm not that much of a cheapskate lol. My manager texted me and I had to to jet to work right away and it totally slipped my mind. I just got home from work now and realized during my break that I stupidly forgot to put in my share. Goddamn it. What do I owe you all? Like 20 bucks? I got y'all next time. Unless you want me to e-transfer funds to someone? Anyway, sorry again! Hope I didn't ruin your guys time or anything. I feel awful about it.

It's ok we're just playing
XD

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Yes! Great news.

Suddenly I don't want to trade Derozan....

As someone who only really saw the first half, all those "passes" from DeMar were making me physically ill.

yyzjohn

Banned

Can you be our Leafs fan plant in Montreal?

Congrats!

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Code:

No worries. :)

#wetheother

Edit: Congrats Pacbois!

mr.rager

That and the one they hold at Centennial Park are usually my go to ribfest events. This was my first time going to the one on Dundas and it's a horrible venue for it. Way too small. The lines extended all the way to the Hard Rock cafe.

Quick

Banned

I'll take $60 off your hands.

Top Bottom