• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

I did my test there. I failed the first time. I also didn't have to go on the DVP (no graduated liscence for me!!). If they take you on the DVP, you get on at Lawrence, they make you merge, change one lane, get back into the right lane and then get off at York Mills. I've seen them do it while on the DVP.
What made you fail? Or are you referring to the G2 road test and not the G? Either way, what made you fail? Always good to know these things.

People always tell me the number one killer for the G road test is not getting up to the limit before merging into the highway.

wbsmcs

Looking to go for a hike tomorrow. Do you guys know of any good trails around the city that are somewhat scenic? Don't want to go TOO far outside Toronto. Maybe like a 30 minute drive from downtown.

N° 2048

Not gonna lie I kind of did this last night to my TV when I found out the Raptors won

826.gif

Take that Lebron.

10 - 1

I want a billion from Nike -.-

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
What made you fail? Or are you referring to the G2 road test and not the G? Either way, what made you fail? Always good to know these things.

People always tell me the number one killer for the G road test is not getting up to the limit before merging into the highway.

I'm old, lol. When I did my test it was 365 (learner's permit) -> full license. I was turning right on a red light. I got mixed up between the bus/right turn lane and the right hand lane. I went to turn right and the tester pulled the parking break so I didn't crash into oncoming traffic. It was a stupid mistake, especially since I was second guessing if I should turn or not since I was so nervous. Passed with flying colours the second time.

Sober

I did my test there. I failed the first time. I also didn't have to go on the DVP (no graduated liscence for me!!). If they take you on the DVP, you get on at Lawrence, they make you merge, change one lane, get back into the right lane and then get off at York Mills. I've seen them do it while on the DVP.
I dunno, that sounds like that is a really old test. I did the Lawrence location once and failed it but for the highway section it was DVP north until 401 east and then get off at Warden, and it looped back around after a bit more driving on city streets and back onto the highway. I have the test sheet and I guess if you just get on at Lawrence and hop back off at York Mills or something that's pretty short. Even if you hop back on and go DVP south right away back to Lawrence.

I'm old, lol. When I did my test it was 365 (learner's permit) -> full license. I was turning right on a red light. I got mixed up between the bus/right turn lane and the right hand lane. I went to turn right and the tester pulled the parking break so I didn't crash into oncoming traffic. It was a stupid mistake, especially since I was second guessing if I should turn or not since I was so nervous. Passed with flying colours the second time.
wow that is OLD lol, jk :p I hate when being nervous makes you do things you wouldn't normally do otherwise.

I dunno, that sounds like that is a really old test. I did the Lawrence location once and failed it but for the highway section it was DVP north until 401 east and then get off at Warden, and it looped back around after a bit more driving on city streets and back onto the highway. I have the test sheet and I guess if you just get on at Lawrence and hop back off at York Mills or something that's pretty short. Even if you hop back on and go DVP south right away back to Lawrence.
why did you fail? What were the main reasons?

Anony

is anyone planning on going to anime north?
i saw the guest list and i want to go get an autograph
not sure how i should proceed:
1) i havent been to AN in over 10 years
2) saturday is sold out
3) going alone sucks

Quick

Banned
Driving while Asian.

TxHkBna.gif

I thought this was why I failed my G2 test once. I was also just really frustrated that I failed it, so I was looking to blame anyone else except me. lol

When I finally passed my G2 test, I had a really angry old Asian person testing me. He just kept yelling at me the entire time...but he passed me in the end. *shrugs*

When I needed to redo my tests, my G2 examiner and I were just chatting and joking the entire time while he told me where to go. Then he joked that he failed me in the end (I passed lol). What a guy.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Maybe not then. They were in a teaching car and did some specific moves so I assumed they were getting tested.

zroid

Banned
In their 7 match-ups so far regular season and playoffs, both teams are perfect at home...

this might actually go 7 huh

ZZMitch

I remember going to Raptors games for like 7 bucks a ticket after I moved to Toronto in 2011 to watch Andrea Bragnani be bad at basketball... and now they are going toe to toe with the LeBron James led Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Eastern Conference Finals.

What a time to be alive!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I think maybe we need to hold some emergency TO-GAF meetups to channel energy towards the Raptors.
I blame that Cavs lost solely on that thread that said it was Lebron's year to win. Delicious tasty comeuppance.
I remember going to Raptors games for like 7 bucks a ticket after I moved to Toronto in 2011 to watch Andrea Bragnani be bad at basketball... and now they are going toe to toe with the LeBron James led Cleveland Cavaliers in the NBA Eastern Conference Finals.

What a time to be alive!
You up north now or back in the States?
Kuro is banned from enjoying this.
Go drink a Victory Cafe cider!
Damn that was some game yesterday.

Also, it is too damn hot.
It's perfect weather...if you weren't wearing a suit.

It's hotter today than it was yesterday but my apartment is somehow cooler today.

Everyone join me in the ideal Thunder vs Raptors aka "Fuck the NBA" Series

How did your test go Pyromaniac?
haha thanks for asking. I actually passed. And I celebrated and picked up some popeyes on the way home.

My scoresheet has no ticks at all except 1 that I didnt check blindspot before parallel park. So basically perfect. Yay. One less thing to think about until the end of time. Going to call up insurance now to drop that rate. Not sure why I procrastinated.

Only tricky part was the DVP was kind of busy at 11:25ish. Lots of trucks. As soon as I began speeding up a truck came right by my side blocking the merge but I FLOORED IT to hit 90 and merge infront of it. Then a quick left back to right lane change before exiting. I feel bad for people who aren't experienced because the exit at york mills they want you to take is really soon after you merge so to execute 2 lane changes and then make it without looking dumb can be hard depending on traffic.

Oh well. Examiner was pretty nice, just talked about my job. And his job :p Had the AC blasting for him, I think he appreciated that.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
haha thanks for asking. I actually passed. And I celebrated and picked up some popeyes on the way home.

My scoresheet has no ticks at all except 1 that I didnt check blindspot before parallel park. So basically perfect. Yay. One less thing to think about until the end of time. Going to call up insurance now to drop that rate. Not sure why I procrastinated.

Only tricky part was the DVP was kind of busy at 11:25ish. Lots of trucks. As soon as I began speeding up a truck came right by my side blocking the merge but I FLOORED IT to hit 90 and merge infront of it. Then a quick left back to right lane change before exiting. I feel bad for people who aren't experienced because the exit at york mills they want you to take is really soon after you merge so to execute 2 lane changes and then make it without looking dumb can be hard depending on traffic.

Oh well. Examiner was pretty nice, just talked about my job. And his job :p Had the AC blasting for him, I think he appreciated that.

Congrats!

tbh, the only time the DVP is not busy or somewhat busy is overnight. Traffic does die down after rush hour so it's less busy. And merging on the DVP is a bitch since the on ramps are short and often double as off ramps. So you did have to get off at York Mills? I can see how that could be a problem for some.

Congrats!

tbh, the only time the DVP is not busy or somewhat busy is overnight. Traffic does die down after rush hour so it's less busy. And merging on the DVP is a bitch since the on ramps are short and often double as off ramps. So you did have to get off at York Mills? I can see how that could be a problem for some.
Thanks! yeah so I got on at lawrence and then got off at york mills. If I didn't floor it and merge when I did and then left lane change and back to right lane change IMMEDIATELY I don't think I would have made it to the york mills exit, at least not without messing up/not doing those. There wasn't a wasted a second. Then I hit up DVP again going southbound, executed the same maneuvers. Lots more traffic southbound so it was kind of lame.

Other than that I had to do every maneuver. Emergency stop/parallel/3 point/etc...Only thing I didn't have to do was reverse park because I was already reverse parked when the tested started.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks! yeah so I got on at lawrence and then got off at york mills. If I didn't floor it and merge when I did and then left lane change and back to right lane change IMMEDIATELY I don't think I would have made it to the york mills exit, at least not without messing up/not doing those. There wasn't a wasted a second. Then I hit up DVP again going southbound, executed the same maneuvers. Lots more traffic southbound so it was kind of lame.

Other than that I had to do every maneuver. Emergency stop/parallel/3 point/etc...Only thing I didn't have to do was reverse park because I was already reverse parked when the tested started.
I remember getting off the DVP and speeding up to get into traffic and the tester asked me not to speed. I thought I was done for, but I still passed. Checked with my instructor after and the only knock besides the end there is that I wasn't checking my blind spot when I passed park cars... -_-

Congrats though!

As for me, whew! I just finished an interview and they're passing the resume along to the hiring manager so next it's an in person and we'll see how it goes. It's a lateral move but I'm already done with this place.

I remember getting off the DVP and speeding up to get into traffic and the tester asked me not to speed. I thought I was done for, but I still passed. Checked with my instructor after and the only knock besides the end there is that I wasn't checking my blind spot when I passed park cars... -_-

Congrats though!

As for me, whew! I just finished an interview and they're passing the resume along to the hiring manager so next it's an in person and we'll see how it goes. It's a lateral move but I'm already done with this place.
Thanks! I don't think my instructor gave a shit about speed as long as I wasn't going slow. I think if you just seem confident and do your thing they really don't give a shit. They can probably tell when someone is too nervous to be experienced.

I must have missed it, what's this job for? Where is it (If I'm allowed to ask :O)?

Also, it is too damn hot.

There wasn't a single day last week I would have considered hot, but the humidity must already been creeping in because I was still sweating like crazy just from walking to work. Then I saw the forecast for this week and threw my hands in the air.

I have a bad feeling about this summer.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks! I don't think my instructor gave a shit about speed as long as I wasn't going slow. I think if you just seem confident and do your thing they really don't give a shit. They can probably tell when someone is too nervous to be experienced.

I must have missed it, what's this job for? Where is it (If I'm allowed to ask :O)?
I'd be more or less doing the same thing for the same money but it's closer - Don Mills and Lawrence. It's also in a field people actually use...besides as something to prop a wonky table like the one I'm currently in.
There wasn't a single day last week I would have considered hot, but the humidity must already been creeping in because I was still sweating like crazy just from walking to work. Then I saw the forecast for this week and threw my hands in the air.

I have a bad feeling about this summer.
You work in an air conditioned workspace with lots of liquids nearby though. D:
Edit: I've actually applied a few times a long time ago to work there, but it was always hard to get in and either seasonal or part time. Too bad...

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be more or less doing the same thing for the same money but it's closer - Don Mills and Lawrence. It's also in a field people actually use...besides as something to prop a wonky table like the one I'm currently in.

You work in an air conditioned workspace with lots of liquids nearby though. D:

Don Mills and Lawrence? Take me with you! That would be so close to me.

I work at the head office of one of the big 3 carriers. Note that I live on yonge/steeles....in north york....and not downtown.

Would love to work at a place within driving distance (with actual parking). I'm jealous!

Anth0ny

this weather is so fucking great. wasaga was awesome over the weekend (besides all the murders) and I actually watched the raptors game outside last night.

of course... I'm totally forced to stay indoors this week thanks to work and studying for my real estate exam this saturday :(

Sober

this weather is so fucking great. wasaga was awesome over the weekend (besides all the murders) and I actually watched the raptors game outside last night.

of course... I'm totally forced to stay indoors this week thanks to work and studying for my real estate exam this saturday :(
Cool what RE course are you on? I'm doing classes for the last set right now.

Top Bottom