• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Also, I remember one time I went from Sheppard to Leslie and I couldn't go back the other way because THERE WERE NO PRESTO READERS AND I HAD NO IDEA WHICH OF THE ENTRANCES EVEN HAD A COLLECTOR.

How long has Presto been rolled out and how do you not, at the minimum, have subway stations set up with them? FFS.

Sober

Also, I remember one time I went from Sheppard to Leslie and I couldn't go back the other way because THERE WERE NO PRESTO READERS AND I HAD NO IDEA WHICH OF THE ENTRANCES EVEN HAD A COLLECTOR.

How long has Presto been rolled out and how do you not, at the minimum, have subway stations set up with them? FFS.
End of 2017 2018 2019 2025 bro

dluu13

There was this one time I went down to St Patrick station and the fare collector wasn't there, and every single slot for TTC tokens and the collection boxes were covered with TTC tape. Free ride, I guess. That was the day it took me 1h20 to take TTC down to Woodbine beach and 1h30 to walk back.

And people in Vancouver complain about Translink lol. Translink is godlike.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
End of 2017 2018 2019 2025 bro
Mega man style 20XX
There was this one time I went down to St Patrick station and the fare collector wasn't there, and every single slot for TTC tokens and the collection boxes were covered with TTC tape. Free ride, I guess. That was the day it took me 1h20 to take TTC down to Woodbine beach and 1h30 to walk back.

And people in Vancouver complain about Translink lol. Translink is godlike.
We're the best at being bad!

explodet

Back in university I'd just hop the turnstile at Museum station late on weekends because there were no fare collectors. The ridership was so low it probably cost more to have a collector there than what they would have lost in fares.

Blackhead

Redarse
Council imposed budget cuts, continued lack of funding and a slew of other issues. TTC will continue to be hell for decades to come. Enjoy.

The problem with the TTC and its ridership is they don't receive any sort of reasonable funding for what they already put in with taxes. It's all not that I have much faith the TTC would spend it wisely if they actually did receive proper funding, of course.

Stop the TTC’s race to the bottom

Toronto now has the priciest monthly pass in Canada and it does not TTC provide a discount to low-income riders, unlike Calgary, Vancouver, Edmonton, Brampton, Hamilton and many other Canadian cities...

The TTC gets just 88-cents of government support a ride, the least amount of financial support in North America...

What the TTC is getting is a budget crisis. The agency needs $178 million just to maintain current service levels for next year, and city council just slapped the TTC with a 2.6 per cent budget cut.

This is incredibly short-sighted. Budget cuts mean fare hikes and service cuts in 2017, which will only exacerbate the ridership problem. When you cut service or hike fares, you get less fare revenue, which creates a new budget crisis and so you cut service again. It’s a vicious downward spiral to the bottom that’s hard to escape...

City council has spent all week debating a $31-billion plan to build new transit lines in order to increase transit ridership. This week they also forgot about the riders they already have.

zroid

Banned
A popular building on Main St. Unionville

CnrIoVlUsAAqArN.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The 401 East was so fucked this afternoon that Waze told me to get off at the 400 and take Finch all the way across to Kennedy.

I paid my subway fare this morning, hit the platform, heard two back to back messages about two separate delays due to passenger assistance alarms, and promptly walked back out of the subway station and just walked to school.

I don't have time for the TTC.

Renewed

I don't really have a TTC gripe but it's more of an annoyance with people. I get off the bus and rush to my transfer bus and someone is walking towards the bus ahead of me. "Oh good, gives me a bit of time. Maybe I'll make it." Then they walk away and the bus goes off. Waiting 30 minutes for the next one. Thanks.

I refuse to play Pokemon GO.... more like can't yet, need a new phone.

Anony

was just at unionville
lots of people using lures
still was busy up till midnight, but people were leaving
caught around 60 pokemon, good run

krae_man

My house just has some Pidgeys around it.

I haven't bothered going out yet. All I've done is caught the first one in the tutorial. Also how was kraeman already taken?

Kave did you spell your name wrong?

Edit: Work has 4 Pokestops thanks to the art outside.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
My house just has some Pidgeys around it.

I haven't bothered going out yet. All I've done is caught the first one in the tutorial. Also how was kraeman already taken?

Kave did you spell your name wrong?

Edit: Work has 4 Pokestops thanks to the art outside.

For gaming I'm Tontaku! Someone truly hates you and it's not me!

jokkir

Where should I go for Summerlicious. I've been procrastinating going to any of these licious events and thinking I should end that now

krae_man

I think I'm done with that game until it works. I got 9 eggs at work yesterday since there were 2 pokestops within range of my desk and I'm not getting credit for my walking. I put an egg in the thing, locked my screen and walked a good 2km and it said I walked 30m.

zroid

Banned
I think I'm done with that game until it works. I got 9 eggs at work yesterday since there were 2 pokestops within range of my desk and I'm not getting credit for my walking. I put an egg in the thing, locked my screen and walked a good 2km and it said I walked 30m.

That's the thing, the app needs to be open to get credit for walking distance

it's crazy, but it makes sense in a way, since otherwise you could just turn it off and drive somewhere and it wouldn't know the difference

it's crazy, but it makes sense in a way, since otherwise you could just turn it off and drive somewhere and it wouldn't know the difference

I hate it. It should just reward you for walking and that's it. You want an egg to hatch? Just walk a couple of kilometers? Smartphones are capable of that as we've seen with fitness apps.

No need for this keeping the app open bull. It promotes more exercise as well.

jokkir

It could run in the background like fitness apps but nope.

The thing that's killing the game for me is the constant freezing and locking up. Not to mention the server issues

zroid

Banned
I hate it. It should just reward you for walking and that's it. You want an egg to hatch? Just walk a couple of kilometers? Smartphones are capable of that as we've seen with fitness apps.

No need for this keeping the app open bull. It promotes more exercise as well.

How do the fitness apps do it? Pedometer?

I agree it would be better for PoGo to switch to that system for hatching eggs instead of GPS tracking

zroid

Banned
Yeah, it's all built into phones these days. I don't know the exact mechanic but fitness apps have been doing it for a few years now.

It was definitely a mistake to use GPS tracking to measure distance walked for this. I'm not really paying much attention to the eggs at this point tbh.

krae_man

I believe it factors in your speed when it counts walking and DQ's driving that way.

Also the app was open for me(with the screen closed). It worked mostly for my first egg. It seemed to be counting distance but got stuck on 1.9km for a long ass time.

zroid

Banned
Markham Civic Centre is pretty good for Pokémon GOing

It's not quite as densely packed with PokéStops (or people) as Main St. Unionville, but the PokéStops are kind of arranged in such a way that you can walk in circuit around the area and when you get back to the first one it'll be reactivated.

Anony

a few friends and i were at empress (north york centre)
there's 3 pokestops right next to each other and that seems like the place to be (free lure)
and there's a whole bunch of pokestops around the sheppard-north york centre-finch area on yonge

we were there till 230am and there were still people playing

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
a few friends and i were at empress (north york centre)
there's 3 pokestops right next to each other and that seems like the place to be (free lure)
and there's a whole bunch of pokestops around the sheppard-north york centre-finch area on yonge

we were there till 230am and there were still people playing
2:30am?! The hell are you people doing with your life...???

I only played overwatch until like 1:30am...

jokkir

Millkin Park at night is pretty good. Pitch black in the park and there's a large influx of cars going in and out of the park lol

Top Bottom