• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Quadratic

WTF. I swear people who take that TTC are the worst. Dude right across from me with no fucks given just leans over and spits right on the floor. Not once BUT TWICE. Jesus! The TTC itself is bad enough with the dirty motherfuckers on it.

Yesterday a lady ate her dinner right next to me on the Finch bus. I had my headphones on playing hearthstone and could still hear her chew/drink.

dluu13

None of these people have experienced an Alberta winter. They know not what they bless by preferring winter.

I also don't understand why you have heat for the winter but no AC for the summer...

There are portable AC units so unless the place you're at doesn't allow it, they're not expensive at all.

The energy bill you say will be high in the summer from the AC will be high in the winter from the heat.

Extremes on both sides aren't desirable, but having experienced both, I'll take the heat.

I had AC in Vietnam, so that was no problem. I don't have it here but actually there have only been a couple of days so far which I thought were unbearably hot in my room. Going outside usually helps.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
That's repulsive.
As disgusting as a winter in Alberta.
Yesterday a lady ate her dinner right next to me on the Finch bus. I had my headphones on playing hearthstone and could still hear her chew/drink.
Lol wtf.

I remember in an English class a prof had to specifically say she didn't mind the food in class so long as we didn't leave the garbage and that we were reasonable. Someone came in with a full turkey dinner according to her.
I had AC in Vietnam, so that was no problem. I don't have it here but actually there have only been a couple of days so far which I thought were unbearably hot in my room. Going outside usually helps.
You can escape the heat by going outside?! D:

Lemme dig Kraftwerk's rotten corpse back up and sacrifice him again. I'll throw in a fuzzy and a Coors lite free of charge.

dluu13

As disgusting as a winter in Alberta.

Lol wtf.

I remember in an English class a prof had to specifically say she didn't mind the food in class so long as we didn't leave the garbage and that we were reasonable. Someone came in with a full turkey dinner according to her.

You can escape the heat by going outside?! D:

Lemme dig Kraftwerk's rotten corpse back up and sacrifice him again. I'll throw in a fuzzy and a Coors lite free of charge.

Downtown, it is usually the case that it's windy, so the breeze is nice.

Quick

Banned
jycSC_.gif

It's milkshake weather.

I've been inside for the most part, but I was out walking briefly and felt that heat hit hard.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Was just part of a 1000 man Dragonite stampede down by harbourfront to union

The crowd had their phones held in the sky, it was literally like the trailer of the game at the end with Mewtwo

Can't say I didn't have a good time.

I saw an old lady clipping her fingernails and toenails on the subway once. It was a late train so not too many people on it, but she sat just a couple seats down and across from me. Just let the clippings fly wherever and fall to the floor, gave no fucks. I thought it was funny.

Damn Vancouver has Rogers wireless service all through the underground part of their sky train now (only about 3 stations, but still). Meanwhile, we get 3 seconds of TTC wifi to load another GAF thread to read before the doors close.

I'll play again if they ever add something to do in the game. Catching hundreds of drowzees and trying to fight 1000 CP Pokemon at gyms gets old fast.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
what?

Obviously I dont want $1000 dinners.

Just want something decent and unique that I cant have here in T.O.
Pricey that I liked or want to try

Joe Beef (I haven't been but heard lots of good stuff)
Europea (they have some very unique dishes. Dessert was killer though)
Toque! (Get the wine pairing and go for lunch)
Moishe's (I haven't been here myself, and it's full of well dressed old people, but it's supposedly one of the best steak places in the world)
Au Pied du Cochon (extremely rich food. Felt stuffed before my main came)

The ones I liked that are unique

Marche 27 (be forewarned, it's raw meat)
Le Main (smoked meat that is near Schwartz's and where the locals eat)
La Banquise (24 hours poutine for locals)
Reuben's (smoked meat and poutine)
Latucca Barbeque (super dedicated BBQ place)
Gaspar Tavern (great pub in old Montreal. Great craft beer and pretty good good)

Avoid
Sushi places (they were all average or below average for the ones I went to)
Schwartz's (tourist trap, long line up, and only a bit better than La Main where you can sit down, get beer, get good service)
Other than that, just hit this up

https://m.reddit.com/r/montreal/wiki/bestofmtl?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

Au Pied de Cochon was a heavy ass meal. So glad I split the foie gras burger lol. That tartare roll with the half egg was soooooo good.

Man I miss Montreal. Such a nice city.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Au Pied de Cochon was a heavy ass meal. So glad I split the foie gras burger lol. That tartare roll with the half egg was soooooo good.

Man I miss Montreal. Such a nice city.
Nice summer festivals and a ton of patios and incredible looking women.

Though it was nice to be back in good ol Tronna though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
-_-
Well, the iPad 2 I lent my mom she dropped and cracked the screen. What the hell do I do with this thing and what the hell do I do with my old computer????

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
ugh, some level 20+ asshole on Valor took over the two gyms near my place

never going to make headway on these now

Had a 2100 Snorlax and friends on a gym near me, with my strongest being just over 1000. You can wear it down. Believe in yourself!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I worked hard to beat a team blue rhyhorn to claim a gym, just as I beat them some team piss assholes came in and claimed the gym!

THEY STOLE MY CHILDHOOD!

Quick

Banned
Haven't been to Kinton since December until I went to their Yonge location yesterday.

Ordered a pork shoyu ramen, and what I got was basically pork, noodles, and egg with what may as well be gravy for soup. It wasn't thick, but it was a bit too salty. I almost poured a bit of my water in the soup.

I can imagine what Kuro would feel if he ate it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't been to Kinton since December until I went to their Yonge location yesterday.

Ordered a pork shoyu ramen, and what I got was basically pork, noodles, and egg with what may as well be gravy for soup. It wasn't thick, but it was a bit too salty. I almost poured a bit of my water in the soup.

I can imagine what Kuro would feel if he ate it.
That's basically how it should be though it can be a bit too salty like Canucks fans at times. There's a somewhat new Chinese ramen place near Sansotei with noodles made in house and a milder broth that may be to your liking. Goddamn those noodles were really good.

Also, the weather is also really nice today so you snow people can unmelt yourselves and go outside and PRAISE THE GODDAMN SUN!

Top Bottom