• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

I don't know what the draw of faster mobile networks are with so many restrictive data caps. Luckily, I only use my data to read or look up maps while I'm out or else I'd go over all the time.

I only have 1 GB though. I could pay more to get more data, but it turns out I don't use much right now anyway.

I have yet to get close to my 3gig cap, I should watch more video

dluu13

Yeah, seriously. I can't believe it costs $75/month for a 1GB plan even if you bring your own device.

When I was working in Australia, I was using this prepaid thing that was $30 for 45 days and it had 5 gigs of 3G data. On the other hand, the home internet in Australia that I had was awful. The speeds were fine, but the data caps are ridiculous (50 GB) and it cost $50 per month too. I was using Telstra, which is one of their big providers, though.

Brinbe

Who the fuck will even be on NXT at that point lol... I'll probably go anyway, especially if it's Mattamy since it's so close.

Who the fuck will even be on NXT at that point lol... I'll probably go anyway, especially if it's Mattamy since it's so close.

Nakamura: I have seen him live once already but he's always a big draw.
Samoa Joe:
Asuka
Bayley

To a lesser extent Austin Aries, Bobby Roode and The Revival.

Yeah, NXT is a bit drained at the moment.

Samyy

Bit of a shot in the dark but, does anyone have a copy of:
Pokemon Black/White 2
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

That they're willing to sell? I moved to a new house a while back and I think I somehow must have lost these, can't find em anywhere and I want to have a complete collection of a pokemon game for each gen :(

HK cinema barely exists anymore. China has effectively subsumed a huge part of cinema culture/history. (But HK cinema was probably in trouble before the handover, as there had been a seeming dearth of HK talent to replace the old guard, and major companies like Shaw faded from relevance.)

I can't remember the last time I even saw a strictly HK film play here. It's all mainland co-productions now. Even old HK stars and directors are chasing mainland money. I knew it was the end of era when Johnnie To started working for the mainland. (I still thought Drug War was pretty good tho... but his new film, Three, is pretty lousy).

There's a lot of money laundering going on in HK entertainment and mainland China is where the money is, it's basically funny money in biblical proportions.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Bit of a shot in the dark but, does anyone have a copy of:
Pokemon Black/White 2
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

That they're willing to sell? I moved to a new house a while back and I think I somehow must have lost these, can't find em anywhere and I want to have a complete collection of a pokemon game for each gen :(

I have Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon Pearl.

I either have them buried in a pile of all my old games or my brother has them in Ottawa. I'll take a look tomorrow after work and get back to you. But definitely if I can find them I'll sell em to ya. :)

Edit: ended up having a quick look. Found both, only issue is I right now can't find the box for Black 2.

Kraftwerk

So I learned something new about tenant and landlords;

My friend is a landlord, and he has been dealing with a nightmare tenant. 4-5 months months of no rent. The tenant pleaded with him about rent and how he is very sick and needs time.

The landlord only gave him one month of time. On the second month he filed with the board. The court hearing was scheduled for the month after. So a month later that's now three months of no rent. Then the tenant called the court and delayed the hearing for a bullshit reason, and it was delayed by two weeks.

Finally on the day the tenant doesn't show up.

The court ruled in favor of the landlord, but STILL gave the tenant 3 weeks to pay. They specified a date that if the tenant doesn't pay, the landlord can file a sheriff order of eviction.

My buddy just went to the sheriff's office to file, and they told him the sheriff will be there to enforce it in three weeks.....but even after all of this; supposedly the tenant can call the board and promise to pay by a certain date, and they will usually listen to him and give him time.

What a fucking nightmare.

Now I really get why some places want banking info and credit checks. I know this is a nightmare scenario but Jesus Christ.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
A buddy of mine was renting out his condo after he got married and moved into a house. He complained that he got stiffed 4 months rent by the time he had the tenant evicted. Our foreman told him he was lucky it was only 4 months of rent and that they didn't trash the place before they left.

Kraftwerk

A buddy of mine was renting out his condo after he got married and moved into a house. He complained that he got stiffed 4 months rent by the time he had the tenant evicted. Our foreman told him he was lucky it was only 4 months of rent and that they didn't trash the place before they left.

My buddy is just worried, because he has been looking into it, and seems like a good number of landlords cant recoup the rent. I mean, if the tenant runs off to some other town or province, the cost of chasing the person down and lawyers and court and the whole process. Seems like a shitshow.

I believe he said it has to od with Canada and how the law treats debt, as in the states you could go to jail, where as here its just another line on your credit file and they cant do shit.

krae_man

My grandpa has a friend in the UK who owns a couple buildings and he gets around that stuff by offering to give them money if they are out in 2 days.

eg If they are one day late in paying rent he says "I will give you $1500 if you are out by Monday". Cheaper then no rent for 6 months and fixing a trashed place.

Fuzzy

My buddy is just worried, because he has been looking into it, and seems like a good number of landlords cant recoup the rent. I mean, if the tenant runs off to some other town or province, the cost of chasing the person down and lawyers and court and the whole process. Seems like a shitshow.

I believe he said it has to od with Canada and how the law treats debt, as in the states you could go to jail, where as here its just another line on your credit file and they cant do shit.
He should count on never seeing a penny.

Kraftwerk

My grandpa has a friend in the UK who owns a couple buildings and he gets around that stuff by offering to give them money if they are out in 2 days.

eg If they are one day late in paying rent he says "I will give you $1500 if you are out by Monday". Cheaper then no rent for 6 months and fixing a trashed place.

Interesting way of doing it.

He should count on never seeing a penny.

Yeah. I think he is coming to terms with it

Mupod

My brother and his husband own a few apartment buildings in Sudbury. I have been convinced by their experience that is something I never ever want anything to do with. He bends over backwards for his tenants though.

It took them a truly ridiculous amount of time to evict a major problem tenant, I want to say over a year. It was a couple of hoarders who came with the building when they bought it. I had to help clean out the unit and let me tell you it was something else...layers of mouse shit on every flat surface and garbage up to your knees. Took us something like 3 loads of a huge dumpster before it was all out of there, and that was just getting the junk gone. No idea what the repairs ended up costing them.

Samyy

I have Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon Pearl.

I either have them buried in a pile of all my old games or my brother has them in Ottawa. I'll take a look tomorrow after work and get back to you. But definitely if I can find them I'll sell em to ya. :)

Edit: ended up having a quick look. Found both, only issue is I right now can't find the box for Black 2.

I don't really care that much about the boxes! How do you wanna set this up? I live in Mississauga so it would be fine for me to come downtown, or we could wait until the next TO-gaf meetup, I'm in no rush!

zroid

Banned
Holy shit, got caught out. That rain is no joke! Hope the grass/plants and shit enjoy it lol

Lol same. I was driving past so I decided to get out and make a quick loop around Main St. Unionville 'cause there's always tons of lures set up there. Started raining lightly but it wasn't a big deal so I kept walking. I actually got lucky, I had just sat down at a picnic table under a shelter to train at the gym there and suddenly it started pouring. A couple minutes earlier and I'd have been drenched. Just waited there for 10 minutes to let the rain ease up.

CoZyMJmUMAA74S1.jpg

dluu13

Aw yeah my roommate and I put on our coats and went to Loblaws. We were soaked to the bone and the AC made it too cold.

We saw cripplegate on the way home

Huh, I guess we do only have them in TRONNA. Not sure how popular it is in Tokyo since I don't recall seeing it the 3 times I went there.

There are no locations in Tokyo. In fact, Toronto probably has more locations than all of Japan at this point. (They never expanded outside of Fukuoka, and seem to be more popular now as an international brand, with China and various countries throughout SE Asia driving the majority of their revenue.)

Aw yeah my roommate and I put on our coats and went to Loblaws. We were soaked to the bone and the AC made it too cold.

We saw cripplegate on the way home

And I was bone dry.

I was waiting out the storm on a patio on Baldwin, and it came down so hard at one point the patio actually washed out, despite the canopy. That was some intense rain.

I had the central air on all week because it never really cooled down. Family got home, though, and turned it off, opening windows...because it was actually pretty cool last night.

I'm dying here today. Fuck you, heat.

Mhee12Bee

As I life and literally breath.

Left the meetup and arrived at Yonge and Blood Station at midnight. both North/South Bound Platforms were in literal smoke that cover a good 25 feet or more. had 3 firefighters and a sledgehammer go into the smoke. I was like "NOPE" and decided to go northbound instead.

was solved 15 mins later but damn. GOOD OLD TTC!

Fuzzy

Congrats dude!
Thanks. My SIL actually drove herself to the hospital at 2am so my brother could stay at home with my niece until my dad went to pick her up at 6am. She drove herself to the hospital for the first kid also because my brother had a separated Achilles and wasn't able to drive at the time. This week she started her mat leave and my brother joked that she could've worked one more week. :p

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats Fuzzy!

I don't know what it is about the air up here but I've been basically ready to go to bed for two hours. This is after sleeping for 12.5 hours last night.

Quick

Banned
Congrats Fuzzy!

I don't know what it is about the air up here but I've been basically ready to go to bed for two hours. This is after sleeping for 12.5 hours last night.

Grats on niece, Fuzzy!

Cottage again Kat? I know that feel. When my friends and I were up north, we planned on doing a lot of shit, but ended up lounging around half the time. We were also downing a lot of drinks throughout each day, so we got pretty slow and mellow as the day went on.

Top Bottom