• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Grats on niece, Fuzzy!

Cottage again Kat? I know that feel. When my friends and I were up north, we planned on doing a lot of shit, but ended up lounging around half the time. We were also downing a lot of drinks throughout each day, so we got pretty slow and mellow as the day went on.

Yep, at the cottage. When I was a kid, I'd be playing (mostly swimming) all day. Now I could take a nap in the afternoon.

dluu13

I gots you, fam!

"I'm busy looking for an affordable place before Chinese people drive up the cost of housing even more...?"

Very true, but...

it's more like "maybe, but, yeah, I'll let you know. Oh no! something came up!" but not really

Either way, I'm planning to stay here so I'm not in that market.

ahdurian

i got mine at Bathurst and College
took me like 20mins there? that Serviceontario office isn't usually super busy from what i hear

jokkir

Congrats, Fuzzy!!

Also, this morning was terrible on Line 2. The train didn't move for a good 40 minutes. Good thing I found a train with AC or else that would have been killer

Quick

Banned
Just about a month before Fan Expo weekend, anybody attending?

I keep saying every year after Fan Expo that I either wouldn't go or have to think about it. And here I am looking at tickets.

zroid

Banned
saw this on RFD if anyone wants a free mug + coffee

coupon-c-p4-coffee-mug_r3.png

Just about a month before Fan Expo weekend, anybody attending?

I keep saying every year after Fan Expo that I either wouldn't go or have to think about it. And here I am looking at tickets.

I stopped going about three years ago. I get the urge every year but pass it up. The panels all started to just blur together for me. Same shit, different year. The gaming stuff they have tempts me but that's really only something I would go for a day to try out and a single day pass is too expensive.

Quick

Banned
I stopped going about three years ago. I get the urge every year but pass it up. The panels all started to just blur together for me. Same shit, different year. The gaming stuff they have tempts me but that's really only something I would go for a day to try out and a single day pass is too expensive.

Last year was the first time I organized myself and planned panels to attend vs. just walking around and stumbling into panels.

No man those trains were such an eyesore in what should be a nice part of the city lol.

On another note fucking Rogers is sending out price increase notices for the grandfathered Corp plans. Fuckers.

dluu13

No man those trains were such an eyesore in what should be a nice part of the city lol.

On another note fucking Rogers is sending out price increase notices for the grandfathered Corp plans. Fuckers.

I mean, I thought they looked good. Maybe it's just my crazy engineer eyes.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It's nice that they're dreaming big now, but I feel we'll all be dead by the time they get the park built, if they actually go through with it. Makes for nice renders though and is actually slightly more realistic than Doug Ford's waterfront. But only slightly. I'd still prefer turning the Gardiner into a park. :p

Zips

Building a park as a cover for the downtown railway lines isn't a new idea. I remember reading a proposal for it a good 4 or 5 years ago when I was considering buying a prebuild condo adjacent to the tracks. I think the recommendation might have been years old already by the time I saw it too.

It's a nice idea and would go a long way towards helping pretty up what should be one of the most beautiful areas in the GTA, but I'll believe it when I see it. Something like 600 million is a lot for a park when there are so many other projects to fund and go over budget for.

krae_man

Okay guys, it's August meetup planning time.

I'm thinking August 19th or 20th will work best since that's the mid point between the last meetup and Fan Expo.

Sound good for everyone?

Toronto Police OPS ‏@TPSOperations 18m18 minutes ago

MARINE RESCUE
Jack Layton Ferry Terminal
Report someone has jumped into the water, marine unit OTW #1374473 ^cb
0 retweets 4 likes

Toronto Police OPS ‏@TPSOperations 14m14 minutes ago

MARINE RESCUE
Jack Layton Ferry Terminal @TPS52Div officers on scene got the man out of the water. No injuries #1374473 ^cb

I wonder if it was Pokemon related

Kraftwerk

Hello again

Need bar/restaurant recommendation for this weekend in downtown. Want really good food and s good drink selection. Price is irrelevant.

Please and thank you

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hello again

Need bar/restaurant recommendation for this weekend in downtown. Want really good food and s good drink selection. Price is irrelevant.

Please and thank you
Price isn't an issue? ;D
Jacob's Steakhouse (been there. Awesome)
Harbour Sixty Steakhouse (been there. Awesome)
Canoe Restaurant and Bar (never been but has the reputation)
George Restaurant (same as Canoe)
Richmond Station (tried to go but full as fuck)

For a crazy selection of beer
The Only Cafe (not really downtown though)
Bar Hop (haven't been myself but will someday)
Beerbistro (same as Bar Hop)

Cider
Her Father's Cider Bar + Kitchen (for cider obviously)

Heard Good stuff
J&J bar-b-que
BarChef
SpiritHouse

Personally tried and recommend that fits your criteria
La Palette

Edit: what did you do in MTL

Kraftwerk

Price isn't an issue? ;D
Jacob's Steakhouse (been there. Awesome)
Harbour Sixty Steakhouse (been there. Awesome)
Canoe Restaurant and Bar (never been but has the reputation)
George Restaurant (same as Canoe)
Richmond Station (tried to go but full as fuck)

For a crazy selection of beer
The Only Cafe (not really downtown though)
Bar Hop (haven't been myself but will someday)
Beerbistro (same as Bar Hop)

Cider
Her Father's Cider Bar + Kitchen (for cider obviously)

Heard Good stuff
J&J bar-b-que
BarChef
SpiritHouse

Personally tried and recommend that fits your criteria
La Palette

Edit: what did you do in MTL

Much appreciated

I haven't been to la palette in a while. I should probably do that.

Montreal was incredible. Went to a show. Checked out a bar and had brunch.

I am definitely going again for longer sometime in the fall. Gonna research more and check out s ton more places when I go again.

And Christ. That city is much more affordable.

Top Bottom