• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

It's a beautiful day outside. I still prefer this to -10. But then again, Manila and Hong Kong were much hotter than this when I visited those places.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

It's a shame the crack still gets all the headlines when his politics while in office had such a huge negative impact on the city. Ripping up transit, being against shelters, having laughable 11pm depositions for people when threatening to shut down city services, stunting growth in general. Being a regular ol' racist and homophobic bigot who beat his wife.

The quick turn that people, especially media, had when he died was staggering. He was not some warm, loving, man of the people suddenly. He hurt tens of thousands at least through his shitty policies. If you don't want people to talk shit about you when you're dead, don't be a shit person while you were alive.

iFpjNNo.jpg

I haven't had a good night's sleep in two months. I'm going insane.

diaspora

It's a shame the crack still gets all the headlines when his politics while in office had such a huge negative impact on the city. Ripping up transit, being against shelters, having laughable 11pm depositions for people when threatening to shut down city services, stunting growth in general. Being a regular ol' racist and homophobic bigot who beat his wife.

The quick turn that people, especially media, had when he died was staggering. He was not some warm, loving, man of the people suddenly. He hurt tens of thousands had least through his shitty policies. If you don't want people to talk shit about you when you're dead, don't be a shit person while you were alive.

What stuck with me was "fucking minorities".

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Of ALL things to get banned for...? Salt over a terrible terrible game?

Willectro, if you reading this, brah. Overwatch isn't worth it. Just get chilled by Mei, bullshit arrowed by Hanzo, and helplessly sliced by Genji.

Also, you all PRAISE THE SUN!

Edit

The quick turn that people, especially media, had when he died was staggering. He was not some warm, loving, man of the people suddenly. He hurt tens of thousands at least through his shitty policies. If you don't want people to talk shit about you when you're dead, don't be a shit person while you were alive.
Shame on you for talking shit about someone who died. He was beloved by the people from all walks of life. People demanded subways and he gave the people subways with EXTRA sauce. Shelters WERE THE SOURCE OF GRAVY! 11pm he was WORKIN hard like everyone else should. What other mayor talks on his phone and writes notes while also driving? What mayor takes personal phone calls from the People? Even ones late at night that required him to dress incognito and go help them out? He didn't stunt growth, he GREW the number of cars on the road by taking away the car tax AND also got rid of those nasty bike lanes too! It was the gravy holding Toronto back, I tell ya! GRAVY!

As for being a racist; he LOVED minorities! He constantly bought merchandise from them and even took selfies with them. Damn, he even praised the Orientals! We work like dogs! Them some mighty fine praising if I do say so myself. I like to think of myself as a dog!

As for being a homophobe, he had PRIOR commitments in his COTTAGE! Sheesh! The dude worked all the time, and he should be able to relax and eat at home with his wife now and then. He also never beat his wife, that was only when he was drunk and high. Therefore, it wasn't the REAL RoFo doing it.

He loved the people of Toronto and was especially affectionate to the women at times too. I don't see any other mayor taking time out to personally coach troubled kids at football do you? Did any other mayor DEMAND that a TTC bus be used to take these kids to a game? Noooo!

As for hurting tens of thousands of people with his policies, what other city is going to have the second longest subway stop in the world? To serve only a small part of the wonderful community of Scarborough no less?! Are you going to tell me the people of Scarborough DON'T deserve a subway?

Frankly, I'm getting sick of you pinko commies pushing your libural agendas down our throats. Ford's biggest backer was DON CHERRY! A real Canadian! Grapes is right about everything; ESPECIALLY HOCKEY! And he said we'd regret all the grief everyone was giving him because he'd be the best damn mayor of Toronto ever! He made Toronto famous and cool! You don't see John "ROGERS BOARD MEMBER" Tory on Jimmy Kimmel and other late night shows!

zroid

Banned
god... I just stepped out to pick up dinner... I lasted like 2 minutes in the car before I had to turn on the A/C. I usually NEVER use the A/C in the car except on the highway. This humidity man...

Renewed

I put away the chickens and locked up at work just before the worst came in. Thankfully it wasn't too much. I hope Saturday isn't shit...

god... I just stepped out to pick up dinner... I lasted like 2 minutes in the car before I had to turn on the A/C. I usually NEVER use the A/C in the car except on the highway. This humidity man...

As long as it's not a jump from feeling like 40 and becoming wet, then coming home to an A/C reading at 22. I immediately walked back out.

Quick

Banned
Stepped outside for a moment, it wasn't too bad. Based on the rise in temperature later, I do expect it to get more humid. The rain might not help though.

zroid

Banned
Stepped out for a few minutes to try and find a Wartortle and Machoke which appeared on my radar

found and caught the Wartortle quickly (revenge for the last time I saw a Wartortle and wasted a dozen Great Balls before it fled), but by the time I realized the Machoke was in the opposite direction from where I was walking, I was pretty much ready to jump into a cold shower.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Fuuuuuckkkk
So I just got a gum graft done.

Fuck...!!!!

First they stick a needle and inject something into your mouth several times to freeze the area. Then the inject the same thing into the roof of your mouth. After that, they go to town and cut a piece off of the roof. Then they stitch then onto the areas that need them. Quite a bit of blood...I was able to feel everything but there wasn't any pain during the actual procedure. It's pretty freaking feeling something cut a piece of your gums out. The stitching was also freaky too.

Everything is still frozen right now so I don't have any pain but there is bleeding and I get the sense this is gonna hurt like a bitch soon.

dluu13

Fuuuuuckkkk

Fuck...!!!!

First they stick a needle and inject something into your mouth several times to freeze the area. Then the inject the same thing into the roof of your mouth. After that, they go to town and cut a piece off of the roof. Then they stitch then onto the areas that need them. Quite a bit of blood...I was able to feel everything but there wasn't any pain during the actual procedure. It's pretty freaking feeling something cut a piece of your gums out. The stitching was also freaky too.

Everything is still frozen right now so I don't have any pain but there is bleeding and I get the sense this is gonna hurt like a bitch soon.

Man freezing is the weirdest feeling. When I had my wisdom tooth extraction (they hadn't actually grown out yet), they gave me the freezing too. The dentist stuck a lancet into my mouth and was like "you will feel some pressure". It's pretty freaky watching somebody stick a knife blade into your mouth. Luckily the hockey game was on.

Blackhead

Redarse
I haven't been to the dentist (or doctor really besides short sickness remedies) in years.

What's the best way to find a good family doctor/dentist?

dluu13

I haven't been to the dentist (or doctor really besides short sickness remedies) in years.

I just googled for dentists in my area and looked at reviews. You really should check your teeth once in a while. I get an x ray once per year and cleaning ever six months. Cavities don't necessarily hurt, but if they get too deep, then they hit your nerves and the damage is irreversible. Then you need a root canal. Those suuuck. I luckily never got that far.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Man freezing is the weirdest feeling. When I had my wisdom tooth extraction (they hadn't actually grown out yet), they gave me the freezing too. The dentist stuck a lancet into my mouth and was like "you will feel some pressure". It's pretty freaky watching somebody stick a knife blade into your mouth. Luckily the hockey game was on.
Knife in mouth.............
:'(

Find one that is good for you not just the one you went to with your parents. Hate my old doctor and love my new one. Dentist is the same thing though I guess I'm lucky the one I chose is close by and everything is by the book; the dentists there even teach at some dental college.

If you haven't gone in a few years, I hope something doesn't just suddenly mess you up there. Teeth and mouth pain is torturous. Coworker got something wrong with one of his teeth all of a sudden and he's completely out.

dluu13

If you haven't gone in a few years, I hope something doesn't just suddenly mess you up there. Teeth and mouth pain is torturous. Coworker got something wrong with one of his teeth all of a sudden and he's completely out.

There are soooooo many nerves down there it's nuts. The pain gets into your eyes and ears and everything.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Fuuuuuckkkk

Fuck...!!!!

OMG that sounds awful. :(

I got my wisdom teeth removed and they knocked me out. I remember waking up and touching my face to realize, hey I'm drooling. I couldn't feel it because of the freezing.

dluu13

OMG that sounds awful. :(

I got my wisdom teeth removed and they knocked me out. I remember waking up and touching my face to realize, hey I'm drooling. I couldn't feel it because of the freezing.

At times I wish I was knocked out, but I'm a bit on the inquisitive side, so in a way I'm glad I got to observe the procedure. I can recount in gross detail over dinner at the next meetup :D

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
At times I wish I was knocked out, but I'm a bit on the inquisitive side, so in a way I'm glad I got to observe the procedure. I can recount in gross detail over dinner at the next meetup :D

I don't think it was even offered as an option for me. I'm not sure if I would have chosen to stay awake.

Blackhead

Redarse
Farmer's Almanac Says Winter 2017 Will Be Extra Awful Wonderful Because That's Life

There are also a lot of scientists who poo-poo the almanac, which is based on a secret formula that founder Robert B. Thomas designed using solar cycles, climatology, and meteorology, so you're free to take this information with a grain of salt. But given that it claims to have an 80 percent accuracy rate and that its predictions about last year's brutal winter were pretty much spot-on, we're not going to take our chances.

That's the USA not Canada or Toronto specifically. Last year's winter was pretty mild, no?

Quadratic

Today is totally ridiculous. Can't wait for the rain to relieve the humid air. 3/4 of my office didn't show up for work today. And we have an air conditioned space.

I can deal with dry heat. But this weather current is oppressive.

Sober

Today is totally ridiculous. Can't wait for the rain to relieve the humid air. 3/4 of my office didn't show up for work today. And we have an air conditioned space.

If only it thunderstormed hard for 5+ hours, maybe.

It's gonna rain intermittently for 30 minutes, 2 hours tops, and it'll be even grosser afterwards.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Rain will make things WORSE for you yetis though.

I left 2 hours early to beat the rush hour traffic on the subway. Even with AC people are sweating like shit on the subway. There was a company softball game scheduled today and I was gonna go watch for a bit but I took one step outside and I was like, nah bruh.

I can't imagine how awful it must be for people who take the 504 street cars home lol... riding in some filthy piece of shit from the 70s with no AC or fans going packed full of people.

I went to the dentist down in south america and got a molar pulled that had caused me problems all my life. $70 in total with antibiotics and xray and follow up check up. I was awake during the entire thing. They needed 5 pairs of pliers. Was intense. But no pain.

If you just need a cleaning just find a hygienist, especially if you don't have insurance. They are 1/20th the price (Got one for $60 last time in Toronto) and usually at a dentist a hygienist is the one doing the cleanings anyways.

ahdurian

fuck Rogers

we put in a call on Tuesday because our neighbours (about 3 other houses) and our internet and cable keep cutting out all day. they said they would send someone in 24hrs to check our street's line for the issue. it's now Friday and nothing.
we call them again, and they said they'd put in an "urgent request" to get it checked out. we ask how long it'll take, and the said it'd be 4 days for them to come in. really? so what's a "normal request" then?

Now quite literally around the corner from me, ha. I was wondering what was going to happen to that place after House-Maison vacated, and this couldn't be more perfect.

And we're still getting the new sour beer bar soon, too. Praise be to the beer gods.

And to dluu - yeah, it's not only near the old location, it's the same bloody street haha.

Top Bottom