• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Quick

Banned
Doesnt matter what it is..only the part that says "Feels Like" matters. Its gonna be mostly 33+ due to humidity and whatnot. So its gonna be still shit shti shit

:mad:

1028343.gif

This rain is going to be awesome......except when I need to walk to an appointment tomorrow........if the parking lot there wasn't such a gong show I'd just drive

Anony

need opinions

is it necessary to get the g2 car lessons?
i mean, if i can get practice with friends and family, is it really necessary?
i paid for lessons 2 years ago and never finished it, so i blew like 500$ bucks already

also note that the 1 driving lesson i did with the instructor was terrible

need opinions

i paid for lessons 2 years ago and never finished it, so i blew like 500$ bucks already

If you don't take lessons you have to wait a full year after you get your G1 to take your G1 exit test. With lessons you can take it after eight months. You also get insurance discounts.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
need opinions

Huh. Well then I suggest good lessons. I went with Young Drivers despite them being expensive and me not being young, but it was a lot better than my previous experience though and I passed.

Also for all you warm weather haters, LOLOLOLOL you wanted rain...! STEAM TO DEATH!

Quick

Banned
need opinions

I had a shitty experience with my previous lessons, ended up failing my G2 test (G1 to G2). After a while, I decided to go with another instructor, I think it might have been Young Drivers as well, and it was a lot better. I ended up passing my test.

I'd suck it up and try lessons again. Insurance and shorter wait time to do your G2 test is worth it.

Huh. Well then I suggest good lessons. I went with Young Drivers despite them being expensive and me not being young, but it was a lot better than my previous experience though and I passed.

Also for all you warm weather haters, LOLOLOLOL you wanted rain...! STEAM TO DEATH!

274608.gif

zroid

Banned
i regret not finish my g2 now, fml

also, young drivers is literally 2x more than the other driving school, no thanks..

one of my friends went with Young Drivers because his parents insisted, he said it's really overrated. not at all worth the cost.

Mupod

need opinions

My lessons ended up costing me around 700 or so. Instructor was an ex-cop.

Legitimately the best money I've ever spent. I learned to drive late in life and I was really intimidated by the prospect, but the lessons helped a lot.

Granted I was referred to the place by my sister and others who said they were very good. Also the driving tests in Sudbury are a lot easier than around here but I still felt like the lessons helped a LOT. Especially that they took me out for a practice test an hour before the real one.

Sober

need opinions

Young Drivers seems needlessly expensive unless you're a parent whose worried about their child becoming a shitty driver. I think I went with Tomorrow's Drivers and it only cost like 500 bucks altogether for classes and road sessions.

You should do it because it lets you take your G2 earlier (8 months) and helps with your insurance rates.

I would also try to practice if you can apart from the instructor if someone will let you drive while they sit beside you when you have your G1. Driving more just flat out helps you get better, usually. Luckily my instructor let me drive on the highway for a bit during my G1 phase so I actually learned quite a bit on how to handle myself. If you're worried an 80mph highway counts as much as the 400-series freeways for "highway driving" when you're on your own. But I would suggest trying to get your instructor comfortable enough to bring you onto the 400 highways so they can teach you how to handle it cause I feel it can be overwhelming to start and at the very least demands all your attention on even a good day. Otherwise you might have to pay for more lessons if you just need help on the normal roads.

And because everyone develops shitty habits over time go with an instructor. Not even just for learning the test but to drill into you the right stuff so you can figure out what works for you and what you can put a bit more slack on. Just don't do it during the actual exam.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ehhh at he end of the day go with what you're comfortable with. YD may be overrated but I found it incredibly helpful though it always depends on whether the instructor is even any good. I hated the fact my first one wasn't a fluent speaker.

dluu13

Ehhh at he end of the day go with what you're comfortable with. YD may be overrated but I found it incredibly helpful though it always depends on whether the instructor is even any good. I hated the fact my first one wasn't a fluent speaker.

Heh, my driving instructor was independent of any school and he only seemed to know English phrases related to driving and other simple stuff. We just spoke Cantonese.

mr.rager

Go for the cheapest one and drive often. Experience is key. Even the cheapest and shitty schools teach you enough to pass the test. Practice practice practice!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Go for the cheapest one and drive often. Experience is key. Even the cheapest and shitty schools teach you enough to pass the test. Practice practice practice!

Pretty much what I did. I'm pretty sure my driving school closed up shop like 6 months after I went there.

The only good thing my instructor gave me was the fact he could get me an appointment for the driving test as soon as I needed.

I changed my plans today entirely because of the supposed heavy rain or whatever

Now I feel like I wasted my day but at least I pounded through a whole chapter of Trails of Cold Steel...

Renewed

I was the only one at work at 9AM. I was scared everyone else took the day off and I was left all alone, but they eventually showed up by 10. At least the rain wasn't intense.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Didn't they say barely any rain for Toronto and that north (York Region) and east (Durham) would get a lot more?

No power this morning in my neck of the woods but my house was fine. People really don't know they're supposed to treat intersections as four-way stops. I saw a moron try to make a left without waiting for the other cars to pass first plus all the other cars not stopping at the other lights on my way to the 401. Idiots.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So we went from 80mm predicted two days ago, to 50mm tops a day ago, then around 20mm before the storm. And we ended with what, half that? They literally exaggerate numbers to promote clicks and headlines, don't they?

Kraftwerk

So we went from 80mm predicted two days ago, to 50mm tops a day ago, then around 20mm before the storm. And we ended with what, half that? They literally exaggerate numbers to promote clicks and headlines, don't they?

Hmm..then this means that this week is not going to be 35 degrees, but actually a nice and cool 20.

Entropia

No One Remembers
We canceled our company golf event that was supposed to happen yesterday on Monday. Sure, the weather wasn't ideal, looked like it was going to rain in the morning, but the afternoon was pretty decent. And the evening was gorgeous, nice, cool, only a few clouds in the sky. Perfect running weather.

So we got a firm-only bistro that opened in our new office tower lol. Seems pretty good for downtown pricing... $11 for a hot lunch buffet, $9 for cold lunch buffet, or $9 for breakfast buffet. There's also a Starbucks in it that's subsidized... $1 for coffee, $2.50 for a latte, $1.75 for an americano. Don't really get why most people would go there though considering we have Starbucks-branded machines and commercial-grade Nespresso machines upstairs for free.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So we got a firm-only bistro that opened in our new office tower lol. Seems pretty good for downtown pricing... $11 for a hot lunch buffet, $9 for cold lunch buffet, or $9 for breakfast buffet. There's also a Starbucks in it that's subsidized... $1 for coffee, $2.50 for a latte, $1.75 for an americano. Don't really get why most people would go there though considering we have Starbucks-branded machines and commercial-grade Nespresso machines upstairs for free.
*opens up Deloitte careers page*
Edit:
*looks at available postings*
*cries*

Entropia

No One Remembers

Soooooooo you guys hirin

Tuck

They're officially finished tunneling the 10km segment of the Eglinton Crosstown!

Still several years away, but its a big milestone =)

Top Bottom