• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Hi all,

I'll be visiting Toronto next month for a wedding and will be staying there for about a week. Not much planned but def want any suggestions of places to eat and check out. Went through the OP and took some notes their of food places.

Only thing planned so far is a blue jays game on Sunday 9/11 (which I also have some questions about). Also the SO wants to find a place to possibly go hiking in the area.

Random but do they show American football at bars there or am I out of luck on that one?

Brinbe

Hi all,

I'll be visiting Toronto next month for a wedding and will be staying there for about a week. Not much planned but def want any suggestions of places to eat and check out. Went through the OP and took some notes their of food places.

Only thing planned so far is a blue jays game on Sunday 9/11 (which I also have some questions about). Also the SO wants to find a place to possibly go hiking in the area.

Random but do they show American football at bars there or am I out of luck on that one?

They show NFL games everywhere, you'll be fine lol. If you're planning to watch after the Jays game, go check out Real Sports, which isn't far from the SkyDome. http://realsports.ca/BarAndGrill/toronto/
If that's packed there's also Hoops on Bremner nearby which isn't as big or fancy as realsports, but isn't bad if you just wanna watch football.

And if you have further questions on the Jays game or anything else, just ask.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Hi all,

What are you interested in? We can make some suggestions based on that.

What questions do you have about the Jays game? I don't hike, but check this out.

And yes, NFL games will be in bars.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Hi all,

For hiking... Rattlesnake Point

They show NFL games everywhere, you'll be fine lol. If you're planning to watch after the Jays game, go check out Real Sports, which isn't far from the SkyDome. http://realsports.ca/BarAndGrill/toronto/
If that's packed there's also Hoops on Bremner nearby which isn't as big or fancy as realsports, but isn't bad if you just wanna watch football.

And if you have further questions on the Jays game or anything else, just ask.

That's perfect! I'll look into both. The jays game is at one and the Giants opener is later that evening so that exactly what I'll do.

What are you interested in? We can make some suggestions based on that.

What questions do you have about the Jays game? I don't hike, but check this out.

And yes, NFL games will be in bars.

Lol I don't really hike much either, but if I'm dragging her to two sports things I'll have to make up for it. I'll have her review that link a go from there.

I wanted to check the "flight deck" out. It looked like a cool area to watch the game from since most of the good tickets were already taken. I purchased 1 ticket in the 142 section thinking that was where it was, but I was mistaken. Am I understanding this right? All I need to do is purchase any ticket and then just get there early to be able to watch from the flight deck?

For hiking... Rattlesnake Point

Lol that sounds appealing.

Thanks for the help ahead of time.
I'm interested in places to eat, any local hole in the wall places you'd recommend would be great. Things people don't regularly see because they're only well known to locals. I'm not very picky on types of food I'm up for anything.

I hear Toronto has great night life. So bars, clubs, things to do after hours.

The wedding is my SO family so I'm just the plus one. I'll add the venue or hotel just so you can get a better idea of the area I'll be in if that helps.

Quick

Banned
I wanted to check the "flight deck" out. It looked like a cool area to watch the game from since most of the good tickets were already taken. I purchased 1 ticket in the 142 section thinking that was where it was, but I was mistaken. Am I understanding this right? All I need to do is purchase any ticket and then just get there early to be able to watch from the flight deck?

Yep. Buy any ticket and you'll be fine accessing the Flight Deck.

I do suggest being there early though. It gets crowded very quickly.

Renewed

I was gonna harvest some Basil for the pizzas we're making... that rain came in at the worst time ffs

At least that means I get to do desk work for the rest of the day woooo

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
The AC was busted at work today FML.

All this heats got me feeling lethargic

mr.rager

Yikes. You're okay though? Did the driver actually stop after the accident, or was it a hit and run?

Yeah I'm perfectly fine, he stopped and we exchanged info.

You okay though? Sorry about your car.

I'm fine, thanks Kat!

Brutal. What an asshole. It wasn't a hit and run, I hope???

Not a hit and run but the damage was not that bad actually. It cost about 650 dollars to fix as they had to redo the whole bumper. The dude agreed to pay so everything is alright. Worst part is I have no car until Wednesday or Thursday afternoon, have to bus my ass to work :(

diaspora

c'mon, gotta break that 40C

UREpaq1.jpg

Went to Kinka (formerly Guu) in North York. Man that place is trash. Need the real Guu back because the menu is awful. The salmon natto yukke was so, so bad and the prices are out of control.

It's like the only good items are the things that were on the menu when they were still Guu and all the new items they introduced after they changed to Kinka are terrible. The menu also got way smaller. They got rid of the chicken cartilage, what the fuck!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Went to Kinka (formerly Guu) in North York. Man that place is trash. Need the real Guu back because the menu is awful. The salmon natto yukke was so, so bad and the prices are out of control.

It's like the only good items are the things that were on the menu when they were still Guu and all the new items they introduced after they changed to Kinka are terrible. The menu also got way smaller. They got rid of the chicken cartilage, what the fuck!
I don't know if chicken cartilage was ever really popular and certainly not amongst Western people. You also might be the only person I know that likes natto too. Sad to hear Guu is slipping in quality though because with the constant crowds I see at Zakkushi, there's definitely demand for more good Izakaiyas here. My only complaint about all of them is that they don't have the massive portions like they do in Japan. I want this trend of Japanese food in Toronto to never go away.
40-50mm of rain tomorrow.

Looks like it could at least be over a full day instead of just a crazy hour of hard rain.

Not sure which one is worse tho...
Looks like someone should work from home tomorrow...
On the plus side, maybe the humidity will steam Kraftwerk alive?

We definitely need more Zakkushi. It always feels so far from downtown to me... maybe because there's nothing around that area. And the lineups are getting real crazy. I always expect like a 40+ minute wait and if it's more than a 2 person table, forget about it...

Top Bottom