• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So 2 more decades to finish it up?

Sheppard East is starting when crosstown does so they best hurry

It would also be nice if they could get the jane, malvern and waterfront lrt's going already

Edit: i originally said finch west, finch west starts this year

Tuck

Sheppard East is starting when crosstown does so they best hurry

It would also be nice if they could get the jane, malvern and waterfront lrt's going already

Edit: i originally said finch west, finch west starts this year

And Sheppard East is unfortunately delayed (if not cancelled outright) until at least the completion of Finch West in 2021.

Sigh.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
And Sheppard East is unfortunately delayed (if not cancelled outright) until at least the completion of Finch West in 2021.

Sigh.

i wouldn't expect it to be cancelled... Bombardier is screwing everything up

Star article:
Bombardier was supposed to deliver the first pilot vehicle for testing in the spring of 2014. Metrolinx says that although that date was later revised to the spring of 2015, the agency is still waiting.

they still don't even have a test vehicle... in late 2016... Bombardier is over 2.5 years behind schedule

also the ION LRT (kitchener-waterloo) had to delay because of Bombardier

They're officially finished tunneling the 10km segment of the Eglinton Crosstown!

Still several years away, but its a big milestone =)

Cool. If I still live where I live right now, I would be only 10 minutes away from the nearest LRT station. Coincidentally, I recently looked up what the station would hypothetically look like on the official website and damn it looks good. Can't believe they're making so many high end underground stations in just 7 years time.

Still feeling sorry for all the red tape bullsiht stopping Scarborough from getting a cool LRT line. That city really needs one.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
scarborough really needs the original transit city LRTs

fuck the people who politicized the subway thing.
SO ARE YOU TELLING ME THE PEOPLE IN SCARBOROUGH DON'T DESERVE A SUBWAY?!

http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2016/08/the_10_most_outrageous_food_coming_to_the_cne_in_2016/

Half the list is disgusting, half of it seems like something I'd give a try.
Aw yiss
Bug food? Nooooooooooope.
You've very likely eaten bugs or a bug byproduct.
apparently the distillery district is going to become a hockey-themed destination during the World Cup next month
Gotta check this out.
When did the cne become the weirdest shit you can make edible fair
When it started being the old same boring shit year in and year out.
After or the same year people started getting food poisoning
I was actually thinking of trying that cronut burger too...
Honestly I just want the Tiny Tom donuts.
You can get them in the city easily enough.

I usually get an overly sugary Clearly Canadian and immediately regret it afterwards.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
they have a retail location in Markham I should go there more often

it's at the other end of the city though...

I never knew they had a retail location. Though I have no idea why I didn't think they had one.

I really miss the Hershey's stand that used to be in the Food Building. I always bought so much chocolate. I was so upset when it wasn't there.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I never knew they had a retail location. Though I have no idea why I didn't think they had one.

I really miss the Hershey's stand that used to be in the Food Building. I always bought so much chocolate. I was so upset when it wasn't there.
? Wasn't it just chocolate? What's special about this stand?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well, yeah. But it was a bit cheaper. Nothing too special really but I used to stock up on chocolate. I don't generally buy chocolate.
Well then.

I also thought Hershey did have a stand there last year though it might be hazy since I had a lot of beer and food at the food truck fest...

It's named that because of the curvy cliff formation left by the glaciers :p

Hmm that changes things. I'll add it to the list of hikes we need to narrow down..

Yep. Buy any ticket and you'll be fine accessing the Flight Deck.

I do suggest being there early though. It gets crowded very quickly.

Perfect games at 1 so well head there fairly early.

Alright so the SO and I have almost figured out our days before meeting up with her family for their wedding plans.

Is a city pass worth it? We really want to check out this Chihuly exhibit at the ROM but are iffy on the other sights which are included. Any thoughts on them?

I found a listing of some street art to check out too. (I'm a sucker for some of this stuff)

Anything going on the week of 9/05... Doesn't matter what just looking for more things to fill up our time.

tdrnquue68gx.jpg

Weird as fuck secret picnic party.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
tdrnquue68gx.jpg

Weird as fuck secret picnic party.
Kave_Man, go join this party and report back, please.

Winter is cancelled this year, sorry.
There are nine circles of hell in Dante's Inferno, the worst is associated with the cold.
The last Ninth Circle of Hell is divided into 4 Rounds according to the seriousness of the sin though all residents are frozen in an icy lake. Those who committed more severe sin are deeper within the ice. Each of the 4 Rounds is named after an individual who personifies the sin. Thus Round 1 is named Caina after Cain who killed his brother Abel, Round 2 is named Antenora after Anthenor of Troy who was Priam’s counselor during the Trojan War, Round 3 is named Ptolomaea after Ptolemy (son of Abubus), while Round 4 is named Judecca after Judas Iscariot, the apostle who betrayed Jesus with a kiss.

yyzjohn

Banned
Kave_Man, go join this party and report back, please.

There are nine circles of hell in Dante's Inferno, the worst is associated with the cold.

There's actually a 5th round in the 9th circle of hell called Frasecca where people re-live the blown call by Kerry Fraser in the 1993 conference final between the Leafs and Kings.

I got this Xbox Media Showcase email for the 26th. Is this a press only thing? Or is it open to everyone. It asks me to RSVP with a media rep.

Top Bottom