• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
At the CNE with my friend and his family. The look on his wife's face when she saw that he had bought them donut hamburgers for dinner was priceless.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
At the CNE with my friend and his family. The look on his wife's face when she saw that he had bought them donut hamburgers for dinner was priceless.
Husband/father of the year material there.

We left and are heading home now. It's getting worse every year and this year it seemed even MORE people forgot how to walk bit learned how not to give a shit. Tons of people standing in the middle of a walkway, stopping suddenly without checking behind them, jumping in front and cutting you off.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Husband/father of the year material there.

We left and are heading home now. It's getting worse every year and this year it seemed even MORE people forgot how to walk bit learned how not to give a shit. Tons of people standing in the middle of a walkway, stopping suddenly without checking behind them, jumping in front and cutting you off.

Lol, she was not pleased especially when she heard how much it cost.

We're just leaving now. I still like looking around but I cannot do back to backs spin rides anymore. Which I feel bit bad about since the kids want me to go on the rides with them.

zroid

Banned
Lol, she was not pleased especially when she heard how much it cost.

We're just leaving now. I still like looking around but I cannot do back to backs spin rides anymore. Which I feel bit bad about since the kids want me to go on the rides with them.

Since I got #old, now I know what my mom felt like when I wanted her to take me on all the spin rides at Wonderland

Quick

Banned
Since I got #old, now I know what my mom felt like when I wanted her to take me on all the spin rides at Wonderland

I went to Wonderland last year and was on two spinning rides before I had the worst headache and called it a day for rides.

Might've been because I hit my head a bit too hard on the head rest or just the rides overall, but it made me feel old lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't been on a single ride since I went on this drop of doom type ride in Seoul. Looked down. Bad mistake. Nearly fainted. That park was so terrible; pieces of the roof brok and fell down a few months later and some guy died on a ride when it was stuck in the air at an awkward angle and he got out and tried to jump off.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I used to be able to do spin rides all day. I would go on anything. There was really only one that ever made me feel sick.

Rollercoasters I can still do and love.

Quick

Banned
I rarely go to Wonderland. I've been spoiled with Disney World and Universal Studios in Florida the last few years (not every year lol), so Wonderland wasn't quite as enchanting for me. /opulence

I was good with the rollercoasters (and everything else) last year, but after the spinning rides, I probably wouldn't have been able to handle anything else.

zroid

Banned
I haven't been to Wonderland since... 2007? I think

I had season tickets throughout my childhood so kinda just got burned out I guess. Some of the attractions which opened in the last few years are interesting though, so I'm keen to make a visit if not this year then next

I agree with Quick though, as I've gotten older, I tend to appreciate the atmosphere and other details that go into theme parks more than the rides themselves. That's why I still love Disney and Universal today, but feel like I've grown out of Wonderland somewhat.

I burnt out on Wonderland because I worked there for three summers. I think I've been back twice since then.

Which department?

For those who haven't been in a while, Leviathan is a legit amazing roller coaster

I haven't been in 3 years I think, I miss all the Paramount stuff lol

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I worked foods for half a season, and games for several

Games >>>> foods :)

I could never do games. Trying to get people to play them would drive me nuts. I didn't mind foods, except when they loaned me to carts (where they sold the ice cream bars etc) if they were short staffed. That was fucking BORING. It was never busy and you were supposed to always look busy but there is only so much you can do with the cart.

I could never do games. Trying to get people to play them would drive me nuts. I didn't mind foods, except when they loaned me to carts (where they sold the ice cream bars etc) if they were short staffed. That was fucking BORING. It was never busy and you were supposed to always look busy but there is only so much you can do with the cart.

Yup, that's one of the reasons I switched out of foods

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I used to love it when my friend worked food at Wonderland. I'd buy a drink and he'd give me a full tray of food.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
No more humidity and heat. Glorious weather today.
I hope that tie restricts your breathing...! >=[
Fuck yessssas
Still warm....!!!!
Smell that, #TeamWarm? That's called breathable air.
Still patio weather.
Yeah, yesterday was pretty decent. Today looks to be even better.
I'm going to put my hoodie on. As I brought up at the meet up, I dunno if all the women here are going through menopause, but it's chilly af in this office.

zroid

Banned
Soon...

d8343cc8f5a04b888acecc337aed5fbc.png

(hopefully)

I really want a cheesecake...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Soon...

d8343cc8f5a04b888acecc337aed5fbc.png

(hopefully)

I really want a cheesecake...

If I could just walk in and buy a cheesecake, I'd be at Tetsu all the time downtown. $10 is a fine price and it's a good, not spectacular, cake. But if you're asking me to wait an hour plus, fuck off. I can walk to Chinatown and get an equivalent.

I wonder what the Unionville line will be like after a couple of months.

krae_man

If I could just walk in and buy a cheesecake, I'd be at Tetsu all the time downtown. $10 is a fine price and it's a good, not spectacular, cake. But if you're asking me to wait an hour plus, fuck off. I can walk to Chinatown and get an equivalent.

Just get there at like 8am.

It'll be worse because Asians love lining up for things

Anony

can someone explain to my why there's no ferry services from toronto to st catherines
this is mind boggling

i mean, if there's a port in hamilton as well, there should be ferry services there too, but i can somewhat understand since toronto to hamilton is on the shoreline

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
can someone explain to my why there's no ferry services from toronto to st catherines
this is mind boggling

i mean, if there's a port in hamilton as well, there should be ferry services there too, but i can somewhat understand since toronto to hamilton is on the shoreline

Likely not enough traffic to fund it and make it break even / profitable. We use to have the Rochester ferry, but that's the issue it ran into.

Anony

Likely not enough traffic to fund it and make it break even / profitable. We use to have the Rochester ferry, but that's the issue it ran into.

i just googled it and the last time there was any new/talk of this was in 2013
the ferries can be the small sized ones, and you can have it run 3 times a day (one select days if that's too many) morning/afternoon/evenings
benefits are quicker access to border and southern regions
i'd imagine it would be very profitable in the non-winter times

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
i just googled it and the last time there was any new/talk of this was in 2013
the ferries can be the small sized ones, and you can have it run 3 times a day (one select days if that's too many) morning/afternoon/evenings
benefits are quicker access to border and southern regions
i'd imagine it would be very profitable in the non-winter times

I think you're underplaying the costs of upkeep because actually the trips themselves won't be where the strain really is. Even if you're running 3 times per 3, or 'select days', the cost of staffing, upkeep on the ferries, facilities, etc are where the real drain will be. So you'll have to charge a higher price to maintain because you're running infrequently, that and that'll deter people. Then low ridership will drive prices higher as well, if not outright cancel it.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool. I rode ferries all my life growing up in the Bay Area. But I'm certain this all comes down to what studies tell them about cost and they do have the Rochester ferry to justify their predictions.

Mhee12Bee

So... anyone else going to the Xbox Media Showcase thing? I just got my event confirmation :D

I got mine too, but can't remember the benefits of it other than 1st in line and maybe a drink? It is open to the public anyways.

I remember having a good time last year with the Live demos

Got my invite for the Xbox thing. I had a media invite too but that's during the day and I haven't covered game content in a long time.

dluu13

Hoodie keeping me warm.

Join us. Team warm...! DESTINYYYYY!

I'm in my hoodie right now too.

I pitched the idea of a #TeamReasonable a few months ago but got shut down.

I'll try again right now:

#TeamReasonable is now recruiting members. As members of #TeamReasonable, we will advocate for hot weather in the summer, cold weather in the winter, and moderate weather in fall and spring.

mr.rager

#TeamReasonable is now recruiting members. As members of #TeamReasonable, we will advocate for hot weather in the summer, cold weather in the winter, and moderate weather in fall and spring.

You've been here long enough to know that's it either #TeamWinter or #TeamLosers. CHOOSE WISELY!

Quick

Banned

#TeamWarm or #TeamColdLosers

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
#TeamWarm or #TeamColdLosers

It really started off with #TeamSummer vs #TeamWinter.

Then #TeamSummer rebranded itself #TeamWarm to try and claim Spring and Fall. It's not as if #TeamWinter suddenly went #TeamCool

It should be #TeamSummer vs #TeamWinter, or #TeamHot vs #TeamCold.

Top Bottom