• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Don't listen to these skanky ass hoes!

There was always a third choice #teamreasonable

What they don't know is #teamreasonable actually runs things but let's the children of #teamwarm vs. #teamcold duke it out like the fools they are.

Quick

Banned
Does visiting a dermatologist require a referral from my GP, or can I just book an appointment? And if I do the latter, is it then covered by OHIP?

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in my hoodie right now too.

I pitched the idea of a #TeamReasonable a few months ago but got shut down.

I'll try again right now:

#TeamReasonable is now recruiting members. As members of #TeamReasonable, we will advocate for hot weather in the summer, cold weather in the winter, and moderate weather in fall and spring.

The only reasonable third party team is #TeamSeasons. Hot in the summer, cold in the winter!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
#TeamFuckThePlanet
Fuck yeah!
CofXjkNUsAAUa9U.jpg

Isn't it the same thing as #TeamReasonable?
We should join with Kave.

Or I could switch to #TeamCold once it starts getting cold...
Pfft! Bandwagon fair weather fan!

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in my hoodie right now too.

I pitched the idea of a #TeamReasonable a few months ago but got shut down.

I'll try again right now:

#TeamReasonable is now recruiting members. As members of #TeamReasonable, we will advocate for hot weather in the summer, cold weather in the winter, and moderate weather in fall and spring.

Don't listen to these skanky ass hoes!

There was always a third choice #teamreasonable

What they don't know is #teamreasonable actually runs things but let's the children of #teamwarm vs. #teamcold duke it out like the fools they are.

Hey, I've always been #teamallseasons, which I fell is similar.

Quick

Banned
Dat Huskies. Chinese throwback ain't bad either.

Would've been cool to see them wear the white Huskies jersey like a few years ago, but that blue is also pretty nice.

huskies2.jpg

dluu13

Damn pizza by the slice here sucks so bad that I'm craving Fresh Slice pizza. Dluu knows what I'm talking about

Man you know which one I liked? There was the Uncle Fatih's at Commercial-Broadway which was pretty awesome. There's also one of their stores by International Village on the ground floor of one of the condos.

Kinda funny story: I met up with a friend who had lived here for a while when I first got here and he told me never go to Pizza Pizza.

I believe there is a Fresh Slice in North York; don't know if it's there still.

Yeah it's still there I walk by it sometimes.

Man you know which one I liked? There was the Uncle Fatih's at Commercial-Broadway which was pretty awesome. There's also one of their stores by International Village on the ground floor of one of the condos.

Kinda funny story: I met up with a friend who had lived here for a while when I first got here and he told me never go to Pizza Pizza.

I lived close to Uncle Fatih. Ended many club / bar nights there at 2 AM lol

Quick

Banned
Has anyone ever been to John Spanos' barbershop in Scarborough for a haircut?

Went to his barbershop yesterday after doing a quick search on Google for the best barbers in Scarborough, and he's rated as one of the best.

I might've gotten one of my best cut yet - not sure what that says about my previous barber experiences lol. I've had the same hairstyle for 3 years now, which is a high and tight with the part in my hair being buzzed a bit too high. Not really something people have commented on, but I've always wanted to fix it. The only way I thought about fixing it was shaving my hair and letting it all grow back evenly.

Fast forward to yesterday, I was thinking of just letting him follow the usual haircut I get, but he told me straight up when he sat me on the chair: "I don't want you walking around with a goofy-looking haircut" and he seemed to have figured I'd want to fix the short end on the top of my head,

30 minutes later, he was done. short end is less weird, not noticeable today imo. The way he cut it should allow for growth without looking too crazy since he didn't buzz it off, as is done for that side of my hair.

He showed me a video of one of his clients, who happened to represent that area of Scarborough, at Parliament giving John a mention a few times. It was pretty cool. We talked about jobs, women, and men's hairstyles today.

Very personable guy, I didn't agree with everything he said (he's old school when it comes to machismo and men's hair), but he did a good job on my hair.

This is basically what happened to me:

0qJaLYx.jpg

zroid

Banned
geez I thought the PokéGo craze was dying down, but I was just at Main St Uville and there's mobs of people playing it. More than I've ever seen.

At Yonge-Dundas. Been looking for a damn Arceus code for a week now but nothing, this sucks.

If it's any consolation, there's a good chance TPC will email Arceus codes to Pokémon Trainer club subscribers in a couple of months. They did it for Mew and Darkrai so far.

zroid

Banned
Unapologetic bandwagoner.

Now tell me what TFC stands for, why they can't touch the ball with their hands, and why they drop like they've been shot and hold their faces when someone grazes their shoulder or a ball hits their shins.
I welcome all bandwagoners to the church of tfc

jokkir

Looks like FFXV is playable later at the Xbox thing. Hopefully I get in since I don't have proper ID anymore (other than a health card, which should be valid since it's the same as a drivers license anyway)

Looks like FFXV is playable later at the Xbox thing. Hopefully I get in since I don't have proper ID anymore (other than a health card, which should be valid since it's the same as a drivers license anyway)

I am probably not getting there until 6:30 or 7. Bringing a friend.

I assume the Best Buy pass lets me cut any sort of line?

dluu13

Ugh. Condo market hunting has been sluggish this summer since everyone is away on holidays. I hope I don't see a big increase in prices because of this.

Stay the fuck out Vancouver.

You say that, but it's not Vancouverites that are coming here (besides me). It's Chinese people.

Hi Toronto GAF, just wanted to let you all know that one of my company's clients is opening up a gaming lounge/bar at 38 Wellington St., i.e. Wellington and Church St. The lounge is called Power Up. Went there with my company today, before the lounge officially opens (I believe they're aiming for this weekend or shortly after that). They've got TVs and current gen consoles at every booth, and the place has nice ambience to it. If you guys have a meet-up, it seems right up your alley.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hi Toronto GAF, just wanted to let you all know that one of my company's clients is opening up a gaming lounge/bar at 38 Wellington St., i.e. Wellington and Church St. The lounge is called Power Up. Went there with my company today, before the lounge officially opens (I believe they're aiming for this weekend or shortly after that). They've got TVs and current gen consoles at every booth, and the place has nice ambience to it. If you guys have a meet-up, it seems right up your alley.
A) do they have sub par nachos?
B) do they have sewage level draught cider?
C) can we make reservations for 20 for a specific area of the room and then have the staff give it away?
D) do they have the superior Mario Kart (aka the first one)
E) do they have a Jesus-lookalike waiter who accepts Canadian Tire money as tips?
F) how big is this place exactly and will they be more open to accommodating 20 nerds filled with cats, generic Asians, whatever the hell Kraftwerk is, and fuzzy?
G) can I blame...hmm...junior mint if we don't like it?
H) does the owner prefer the winter or the summer?

If it's popular, it may end up being a Snakes and Lattes or Wvrst where we can't get in since it's too busy. Do you have any pull we can use to actually get us a reservation?

Top Bottom