• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

mr.rager

I'm slowly becoming a jacket fiend myself. I have a couple of light jackets I can wear for any season. Actually just bought this sucker from Japan. Just waiting on it to arrive:

Haha I actually want to buy a jacket like that after seeing my boy with one. He got one with a Korean flag and writing on it. Shit was dope. Hope you didn't ship it with Canada Post or else you might have to wait a bit to get it.

Quick

Banned
Haha I actually want to buy a jacket like that after seeing my boy with one. He got one with a Korean flag and writing on it. Shit was dope. Hope you didn't ship it with Canada Post or else you might have to wait a bit to get it.

Japan Post to Canada Post =\

Quick

Banned
It'll be a great Christmas present by the time it arrives.

n8QZMNt.gif

soultron

Banned
Last winter I wore a waxed anorak jacket from with an added primaloft liner in it. Layers brehs. But yeah, I figure this winter I should ball harder with an arcteryx or something like that. I'd buy an acronym or stone island jacket but (aside from their fucking outrageous prices) for some reason they look more fashion than function, even though they say they're "technical garments." I worry I'd be cold in something from them.

bDnPcxV.gif

I remember watching Scott Pilgrim in a full theatre downtown, and when the narrator name dropped Toronto, the theatre went wild.

I also know one of the extras, who was featured prominently in one of the shots in the party scene.

Orphan Black isn't labelled as being set in Toronto explicitly, but it doesn't hide it either. In fact, it's really prominently Toronto with locations and directly naming them, on top of other things (Ontario driver's license, CAD currency, etc.).

I ate at the Pizza Pizza featured in the movie. Feels good. Also, sucks that the legacy of Honest Ed's will ultimately be in that cameo in Scott Pilgrim.

zroid

Banned
Last winter I wore a waxed anorak jacket from with an added primaloft liner in it. Layers brehs. But yeah, I figure this winter I should ball harder with an arcteryx or something like that. I'd buy an acronym or stone island jacket but (aside from their fucking outrageous prices) for some reason they look more fashion than function, even though they say they're "technical garments." I worry I'd be cold in something from them.
never would have thought the most esoteric post I'd ever see on this forum would be about coats.

Quadratic

winter fashion poll:

Canada Goose
or
ARCTERYX

I mean, maybe I will have 2000$ CAD to burn. But probably not.

I have an Arcteryx just because I didn't want to be yet another generic asian. I also find my winter jacket to be really warm yet not too bulky.

Quick

Banned
Speaking of hoodies, Roots is having a 30% off sale for sweats.

They had a one-day 40% off sale a week ago that I found out like an hour before the store closest to me was closed for the day. Got a hoodie, sweatpants, and sweater.

Quick

Banned
I'm probably going to need a new winter coat.

Should get a better one than my cheap Old Navy one.

My parka is actually from Old Navy. 3 years and going strong. I didn't wear it much last winter though.

I'm feeling opulent, so I might hit up Frank and Oak for a new coat.

mr.rager

I barely ever shop for clothes, but I'm considering taking a look there when it opens.

You should definitely check it out. I buy a lot of my plain shirts and shorts there and they've held up really well. Their collabs are really nice too. Bought a bunch of their metal gear and monster hunter stuff. shit is dope.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
At Yorkdale right now and can't wait for Uniqlo. Also tried out Jamie's Kitchen which had some fantastic pasta and also FINALLY tried the Vive.

How much does plasma sell for in Toronto?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
At Yorkdale right now and can't wait for Uniqlo. Also tried out Jamie's Kitchen which had some fantastic pasta and also FINALLY tried the Vive.

How much does plasma sell for in Toronto?
If you need some extra money I can punch you in the face for $20. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Quick

Banned
I wanna see Fuzzy and Kuro compete in a face punching contest. Who can punch each other in the face the most before getting knocked out?

Eleuin

I can't even make a generic Asian quip about uniqlo because it's about time they opened here

Old navy can go in the bushes now

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I wanna buy things at Uniqlo or whatever it's called.

Also I'd punch Kuro in the face and do it at a discount.
Oh, so it's a threesome you want. Sicko...
I can't even make a generic Asian quip about uniqlo because it's about time they opened here

Old navy can go in the bushes now
Pretty much just Asian Old Navy.

I personally preferred their gaming shirts when they had them but otherwise, it's just cheap wearable clothing that is surprisingly durable for what you pay. I did hear they're going to price it higher than other places though...still, my wife is excited for it to come here and I see a madhouse when it finally opens up in a few weeks.

dluu13

I personally preferred their gaming shirts when they had them but otherwise, it's just cheap wearable clothing that is surprisingly durable for what you pay. I did hear they're going to price it higher than other places though...still, my wife is excited for it to come here and I see a madhouse when it finally opens up in a few weeks.

So it's cheap... that's exciting to hear. I hope it's not too busy because I'm sorely in need for t shirts. I just have my GAF shirts and the rest of them are free t-shirts I got as swag for going to places. Gotta up my game or something something.

Quick

Banned
So it's cheap... that's exciting to hear. I hope it's not too busy because I'm sorely in need for t shirts. I just have my GAF shirts and the rest of them are free t-shirts I got as swag for going to places. Gotta up my game or something something.

Get some basics in your wardrobe. Old Navy basic shirts are actually very nice, imo. I prefer it over H&M's at least.

dluu13

Get some basics in your wardrobe. Old Navy basic shirts are actually very nice, imo. I prefer it over H&M's at least.

Yeah I've actually got a few polos I wear when I'm feeling fancy. I have a few tailored shirts too but I find I never wear them.
I have noticed in the past few months that there are a few shirts I wear that fit real poorly, but I never noticed because my pants used to fit badly too. I got jeans that fitted better around that time and my t-shirts started sticking out.

I'll go after I graduate, which will be in a month.
If my professor doesn't decide to fail me at the last moment

Quick

Banned
Yeah I've actually got a few polos I wear when I'm feeling fancy. I have a few tailored shirts too but I find I never wear them. I'll go after I graduate, which will be in a month.

Toronto-Age shopping meetup time.

Anybody? No?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I've actually got a few polos I wear when I'm feeling fancy. I have a few tailored shirts too but I find I never wear them.
I have noticed in the past few months that there are a few shirts I wear that fit real poorly, but I never noticed because my pants used to fit badly too. I got jeans that fitted better around that time and my t-shirts started sticking out.

I'll go after I graduate, which will be in a month.
Pfft. Profs aren't out to screw with you and fail you last moment.

They're all over the place in Asia so it's nice to have them here. Odd Vancouver doesn't have them though.

dluu13

Pfft. Profs aren't out to screw with you and fail you last moment.

They're all over the place in Asia so it's nice to have them here. Odd Vancouver doesn't have them though.

Nah, that's an exaggeration. It's more like he always tells me he doesn't know if I've "got enough" to graduate. I think I'm alright though... I've seen masters' theses with less than half of what I've got graduate, and the senior students say I'll do just fine.
And it's not that I'll fail and get kicked out. It's more that I'll get held back for a semester while I collect more data or something.

I remember talk about Uniqlo going to Vancouver a while ago but I never really paid attention to it back then.

Eleuin

oh yeah I just meant higher quality basics that stores like old navy do

Top Bottom