• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

mr.rager

but worth the try.

That's the correct attitude to have! You have absolutely nothing to lose. I applied to a bunch of jobs that I'm technically not qualified for but got a call back from one of them telling me they'll be doing interviews during the middle of the month. Hang in there man, I'm sure one of them will give you a call. My cover letter was also pretty fucking awesome so I'm sure that helped a lot.

Kraftwerk

What happened to the place you were at?

I am currently employed. I just applied since I saw a few openings.

That's the correct attitude to have! You have absolutely nothing to lose. I applied to a bunch of jobs that I'm technically not qualified for but got a call back from one of them telling me they'll be doing interviews during the middle of the month. Hang in there man, I'm sure one of them will give you a call. My cover letter was also pretty fucking awesome so I'm sure that helped a lot.

yeah. I agree. Nothing to lose, always worth a shot.

Blackhead

Redarse
bah thought i was being smart by waiting until the weekday to check out uniqlo. Nope. Still a (short) line/wait to get it and a (long) line for the fitting room

explodet

Those uniqlo down jackets are popping up all over the place, like it happened overnight.

... which makes sense, now that I think about it.

zroid

Banned
7213f8b3e5fc4aceb29d738597e413dd.png

this sounds bad

mr.rager

That fucking Jays game holy shit. I was literally jumping up and down when he got the home run. Seeing this and the homerun last year was the greatest sports event I've seen in my life.

dluu13

So I tried that butter coffee that was suggested at the last meetup. It smells good and tastes just like butter mixed with coffee (sorry I suck at taste) which is surprisingly ok. I don't feel any more energetic than with normal coffee though.

Quick

Banned
Those uniqlo down jackets are popping up all over the place, like it happened overnight.

... which makes sense, now that I think about it.

Is Uniqlo's down jacket the new Generic Asian uniform, outseating Canada Goose?

I saw it while I was on my trip and really considered buying it. The jacket and/or vest.

Yeah I was in town last week and my girlfriend and I just happened to be walking through eaton when we figured we'd go check out Uniqlo. Reminded me of line ups for clubs when I was younger. That said, I do wonder how warm those down jackets are though. They seem pretty affordable. Luckily they're opening one up near DC across the street from me in a few weeks so that should be better.

I hope you have some luck, Zombie James. I think I'll be looking for work in Toronto sometime next year. I'm mostly a Microsoft stack guy, though, and it seems things are a bit heavy in Java up there. I'm not sure what kind of salaries there are for developers either - Glassdoor said the average was kind of on the low side :(

I think I will just let myself enjoy all the fanfare for Goldberg's return to the ring even though it probably won't be all that great.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
On Tim & Sid they said the cops have a clear picture of the guy, they're just not releasing it to the public yet.

EDIT: Oh god, they just showed a comparison of Gretzky not being given a shot at the shootout during Nagano in '98 to what happened with Britton last night. :lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
On Tim & Sid they said the cops have a clear picture of the guy, they're just not releasing it to the public yet.

EDIT: Oh god, they just showed a comparison of Gretzky not being given a shot at the shootout during Nagano in '98 to what happened with Britton last night. :lol
I don't think Gretzky would've made a difference considering he didn't do much that entire game anyways. Hasek was the best goalie in the world at that point and nothing was getting by him. We lost that Olympics from hubris and politics and the humbling that we got from that got us back in gear to our current domination.

ahdurian

Is Uniqlo's down jacket the new Generic Asian uniform, outseating Canada Goose?

I saw it while I was on my trip and really considered buying it. The jacket and/or vest.

i actually want one of the jackets, but ended up buying one of the vests instead. the vest is pretty comfy, and in this weather is more than enough for me

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Cross posting.

On Tuesday, October 4, 2016, at the Rogers Centre, during a baseball game between the Toronto Blue Jays and the Baltimore Orioles, a beer can was tossed from the left-field stands onto the playing field.

Investigators from 52 Division have been working closely with the Rogers Centre to identify the person responsible.

An image of a man, police are alleging to be responsible for this incident, is attached.

Investigators are strongly encouraging this man to seek legal advice and turn himself into police. Anyone with any information on this man, is asked to contact investigators at 52 Division by calling 416-808-5200.

qcG8cZp.jpg
http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/36107

zroid

Banned
Oh my god. So the Toronto Sun offered a $1000 reward for information about beer guy.

It turns out beer guy is a Postmedia employee

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I hope this guy gets punished. As a member of the media, he should not only know better but ALSO know the shitstorm that would ensue afterwards.

Not a fan of the racial slurs either. Good jorb Toronto. Good. Jorb.

Top Bottom