• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

yyzjohn

Banned
I hope this guy gets punished. As a member of the media, he should not only know better but ALSO know the shitstorm that would ensue afterwards.

Not a fan of the racial slurs either. Good jorb Toronto. Good. Jorb.

Do they actually have video of him throwing the beer? What if it's not him?

Multiple attempts by the Star to reach Ken Pagan were unsuccessful; however, the Toronto Sun — itself owned by Postmedia — reported that Pagan denied being the culprit, noting that he'd been drinking from a plastic cup on Tuesday

I tried posting this in the Canada deals thread but didn't get a response other than that stores in Markham might have them but does anyone know if any Shoppers Drug Mart locations in Toronto still have video games? I'm specifically looking to buy Wii U or 3DS games.
I will go to Markham if I have to but was hoping that something on the TTC might still sell games.
I have way too many Optimum points and need to spend them on something.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Do they actually have video of him throwing the beer? What if it's not him?
Yeah there is video out there. It's REALLY hard to tell though. It's clear it's him, but some say the video exonerates him. After watching it in slow motion, I'm not sure.

Edit: yeah the more I view it the more I think it is him. Underhanded with his right hand.
Well, he's claiming that it's not him.
His lawyer claims.
Are the racial slurs confirmed? People called into the Fan590 yesterday and said those accusations were false.
I think the players themselves said it...

yyzjohn

Banned
Yeah there is video out there. It's REALLY hard to tell though. It's clear it's him, but some say the video exonerates him. After watching it in slow motion, I'm not sure.

Edit: yeah the more I view it the more I think it is him. Underhanded with his right hand.

His lawyer claims.

I think the players themselves said it...

I heard the player interview after the game. They said something to the effect of "we've heard it all" but they didn't specifically say there were racial slurs during the Jays game that night. I think it was more of a general comment that they've heard everything since they've been in the league. Didn't even necessarily mean Toronto.

Kraftwerk

People really have nothing better to do than grab their pitchforks over s dude making a drunken mistake at a sports game. Slap him with a fine and get it over with. At this rate dude is gonna be fired and his life ruined. People acting as if they have never done anything wrong in their lives during these moments really fucks with me.

yeah, they;re hunting this guy down like he's a mass murderer lmao

just fine him and ban him from ever setting foot into the stadium again. although sometimes i do wonder why it's so hard for people to just enjoy a game without resorting to jackassery. probably only a matter of time before alcohol gets banned at sporting events.

yyzjohn

Banned
People really have nothing better to do than grab their pitchforks over s dude making a drunken mistake at a sports game. Slap him with a fine and get it over with. At this rate dude is gonna be fired and his life ruined. People acting as if they have never done anything wrong in their lives during these moments really fucks with me.

I don't think there's any conclusive evidence. He just has to deny, deny, deny. Then go on a book tour.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
He won't be fired as there are no grounds for dismissal.
yeah, they;re hunting this guy down like he's a mass murderer lmao

just fine him and ban him from ever setting foot into the stadium again. although sometimes i do wonder why it's so hard for people to just enjoy a game without resorting to jackassery. probably only a matter of time before alcohol gets banned at sporting events.
Lolololol. Alcohol will never be banned. It's the only way to make baseball interesting enough to watch. I'd be happy if it was a lifetime ban from any MLSE events as far as I'm concerned. As a person, he could've fucking injured someone. As a sports fan, he could've fucked up that play and the call would've gone against us. As a Torontonian, it paints us in an awful light.
I don't think there's any conclusive evidence. He just has to deny, deny, deny. Then go on a book tour.
TEN THINGS THE BLUE JAYS DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT BEER!

I agree with you to an extent...witch hunts are nasty and it's definitely true that the guy is being treated like Hitler 2.0, which is over the top. It's true that we all have done stupid things and it's good they weren't televised for all to see. However, I think a true mistake is something like Steve Bartman, who I feel bad for. You make a bad choice or accidentally do something in the moment and then live with an infamy that is blown out of proportion. With this guy, though (whoever it is, maybe this guy isn't actually the culprit), he A) could have brained the hell out of Hyun Soo Kim, and it sucks for the athletes to have to play with that fear; and B) he split quickly enough that security couldn't catch him, so he wasn't so drunk that he didn't know what he was doing. He had the presence of mind to know he was doing something wrong, but he did it anyway and didn't want to get caught.

I don't want to see the guy's life ruined and career torn down, but I find it hard to chalk this up to a drunken mistake, seems more like a violent act of idiocy that was quickly regretted but that should have consequences. I totally understand where you're coming from but in this case I'm a little less sympathetic.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
ain't like there was a riot...................................
jason-li.jpg

Look Generic Asian Guy with Generic Asian Westernized name, I don't want no trouble here....

It happened for each Canucks Cup final too.....

Kraftwerk

sitting at the Toronto Reference Library chitin on my laptop after work.

This place has changed a lot, haven't been here in a while.

Dr.Acula

Banned
He won't be fired as there are no grounds for dismissal.

Lolololol. Alcohol will never be banned. It's the only way to make baseball interesting enough to watch.

He works for a newspaper in the sports section. If he took tickets to "work" the game then definitely.

The MLB could ban sales for the playoffs as a kind of punishment. There may not be precedent in the MLB, but it's been done in sports.

Quick

Banned
He works for a newspaper in the sports section. If he took tickets to "work" the game then definitely.

The MLB could ban sales for the playoffs as a kind of punishment. There may not be precedent in the MLB, but it's been done in sports.

Weren't there one or two games where alcohol wasn't allowed to be served at Jays games due to an infraction of some kind?

Or was this for a Leafs game?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Weren't there one or two games where alcohol wasn't allowed to be served at Jays games due to an infraction of some kind?

Or was this for a Leafs game?
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario banned sale of alcohol at the Rogers Centre in 2009 for 3 dates (2 Jays games and 1 Argos game) because of infractions.

Signs posted Tuesday at stadium entrances listed five reasons for the license suspension: permitting drunkenness, permitting the use of narcotics, selling and serving to apparent minors, failure to request approved identification and permitting illegal liquor on the premises.
http://www.espn.com/mlb/news/story?id=4050894

Quadratic

I had to run it for shelter. The weather caught me off guard.

also, tons and tons of me and women in suits are walking around the library, ..dunno why.

Quadratic, I need answers.

Do they look like they work there? Human resources, finance, and other support services are based out of the reference library.

Sadly a new office was built in Scarborough for my department. I would have liked to remain working downtown.

Kraftwerk

Man, I am so confused what some of these startup firms are looking for.

As I said earlier, I got a gig already but applying to stuff just incase.

Applied to a one for a customer agent position since I have customer service and sales experience and have lot of good references and experience to back it up. This position was a basic entry level customer service position to talk to people and connect them with the sales folks. I said to myself maybe I'll try to get there and work upwards and get promoted.

They contacted me saying I don't have enough experience and the required skills.

Man, if five years in sales with numbers to back it up isn't enough for a basic entry level phone rep position to connect people with the sales team, then I don't even know.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I am so confused what some of these startup firms are looking for.

As I said earlier, I got a gig already but applying to stuff just incase.

Applied to a one for a customer agent position since I have customer service and sales experience and have lot of good references and experience to back it up. This position was a basic entry level customer service position to talk to people and connect them with the sales folks. I said to myself maybe I'll try to get there and work upwards and get promoted.

They contacted me saying I don't have enough experience and the required skills.

Man, if five years in sales with numbers to back it up isn't enough for a basic entry level phone rep position to connect people with the sales team, then I don't even know.
The old "5 years experience for an entry level job" scenario. There is such a disconnect between HR and actual job requirements nowadays. I remember on Reddit a programmer was looking at jobs and this one posting was asking for 5-10 years experience in a particular language, but that would've been impossible since the language itself was only out for less than 5 years...

After working at a bunch of companies in different fields, I lean more towards finding someone with basics, an ability to learn, and adaptability. It shocks me the number of people at my place now that can't come on time or take EXTENDED sick leave (we're talking months up to a year over several years), that can't type and don't know the most basic of functions in a program (one lady typed with one finger and another complained dragging and dropping a file was too hard), and that struggle with new systems or applications and you constantly have to review stuff with them you reviewed 3 times before.

I don't have a background in law, banking, customs, or application support yet I've done all those jobs and was able to adapt and succeed. This nonsense that if you have X number of years in something means you'll jump right in and reduce the time it'll take for you to adjust is ridiculous.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, there were positions I applied for that were customer service oriented that I never even got a call back. I have years of customer service experience, even handling the Office of the President escalations but that's not good enough apparently. *shrug*

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's preseason brah.

Also ugh going up a few posts about job experience. Yeah it's so ridiculous.

One of my buddies who's background was in aviation has now been doing basic accounting for the last 5 years at 2 different job. Just because.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Interview seemed to go well. When I asked them what they were looking for after giving them all my answers, it seemed to fit in with what they wanted. Very small company, very laid back, and kind of...not a usual company. No receptionist or any of the usual trappings of a normal company. I walked in and there was a huge area with a bunch of desks and people working there all quiet like. They have Friday meetings where everyone drinks beer and showcases what they've been working on. I guess we'll see.

I had hoped hiring practices had moved beyond "tell me a situation when.." questions but that seems to be the flavour nowadays still.

Edit: should've brought a change of clothes. Goddamn dressed like junior mint.

Edit2: lol that beer thrower was charged with mischief - it was him...! D:

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
BBQ at work today :D

And they have the Jays game on the radio. Except some jerk just changed the station. :mad:

Ugh I hate those tell me a time questions. They are awful. But all my interviews are just those questions basically.

krae_man

I hate "Where do you see yourself in 5 years"

If you say "your job" you could get "GREAT! I plan on having my bosses job by then" or you could get "I don't wanna have to rehire and retrain someone for your job so I'm gonna hire someone with no ambition instead"

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
No lineup at Uniqlo, but it was really busy. I walked out after about 15 minutes or so.
I must have just missed you then.

Stop looking so goddamn Generic Asian Guy, Quick...!

I didn't think it was too crazy busy, but I spent 200 there last time...I should pace myself :(

I hate "Where do you see yourself in 5 years"

If you say "your job" you could get "GREAT! I plan on having my bosses job by then" or you could get "I don't wanna have to rehire and retrain someone for your job so I'm gonna hire someone with no ambition instead"
I see myself in front of a mirror...?

Yeah they used that on me, I just said a more technical position. I mean, if I could tell the future...

lol I think most hiring managers do want someone ambitious.
i always say, it's my job to make my boss look good and it's my boss' job to find me the opportunities to make him/her look good

Top Bottom