• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

ahdurian

Our office had to resort to watching the play by play on MLB site because they took cable away from all the departments.
As soon as they won, we were like "gone. Happy long weekend"

Quick

Banned
Quick Uniqlo store rundown:

It's one of the larger Uniqlos I've been in, with the 5th Avenue store in Manhattan still being the largest.

Selection is good, and I initially thought they wouldn't have their complete collection, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Or if anything's missing, it's not notable for the most part. Uniqlo x Lemaire Collection is the only thing I can think of that's missing.

It's cool that they have some Canadian brands featured like Drake's General Store. I hope that's permanent, and expanded a little/stocked better. I guess I could also go to one of their locations lol.

Store layout on the first level is weird, with high shelf/rack units being at the front, almost like they're hiding the store. I spent some time in that area getting disappointed that items in my size are gone. Though it also provided equal amusement seeing my fellow Generic Asians scoop up the light down jackets. I almost picked one up, to be honest.

The second floor is nice, smaller space but there's a wide area that's open enough. It's where their jeans, basics, Uniqlo U collection, and anything else missing from the first floor are located.

What makes the store feel really spacious, and I only just realized this today, is that clothing racks are kept at a minimum. Everything is either on a shelving unit, on tables, or along the wall. Contrast to H&M where some of their stores are almost too tight with how many racks they lay out. I guess the con on this is stock is more noticeably depleted.

I got really overwhelmed with how busy it was that I didn't buy anything despite having a few items I wanted to pick up. Hopefully the Yorkdale launch splits the crowd a bit.

Sounds like the apple store of clothing stores. I've always been tempted to buy some of their stuff online but I keep reading that they run big so I chicken out.

Quick

Banned
Sounds like the apple store of clothing stores. I've always been tempted to buy some of their stuff online but I keep reading that they run big so I chicken out.

I figured out my sizing with them, so I can probably skip the fitting rooms for the most part.

Their sizing is inconsistent with my body type relating to the size tags. That being said, their clothes do fit me perfectly imo when I get it right.

Fuck me if anyone is going to take me away from my $30 Bluenotes jeans.

They last years.

My American Eagle jeans are my favourites right now. Only when their Buy One Get One 50% Off sales are on do I consider picking up stuff.

I do want a pair of Uniqlo selvedge jeans though.

mr.rager

My God, how about them Blue Jays. Was worth it to stay up all night to watch them play. Was funny hearing the Japanese commentators say ehhhh and maji when he was getting lit up.

Quick

Banned
My God, how about them Blue Jays. Was worth it to stay up all night to watch them play. Was funny hearing the Japanese commentators say ehhhh and maji when he was getting lit up.

Couldn't watch the game today, but I got alerts all afternoon on my phone. I'd see a game update and I'd be nervous, then be okay when it's for the Jays and not against.

ahdurian

I'm there right now lol gotta exchange the stuff I bought for different sizes. Here's to hoping I don't drop another 150+ today

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I love Uniqlo, just got from a trip to Japan where they're everywhere.

Their stuff is super cheap, super comfy, pretty nice looking and pretty durable, so It's perfect for how lazy I am at clothes shopping. So I'm looking forward to checking out the downtown one once the hype has died down a bit.

soultron

Banned
Anyone want my DJ Shadow tickets for tonight at the Phoenix? I can't make it.

2 balcony tickets. I'm asking 60, I paid 105.

Hit me on Twitter @panecasio since I check that more often/have it on my phone.

Quick

Banned
Bless you for that uniqlo review, Quick. Might check it out on Sunday night.

Good luck. I might check it out again tomorrow. Hoping it isn't too crowded, but who knows.

I love Uniqlo, just got from a trip to Japan where they're everywhere.

Their stuff is super cheap, super comfy, pretty nice looking and pretty durable, so It's perfect for how lazy I am at clothes shopping. So I'm looking forward to checking out the downtown one once the hype has died down a bit.

Prices here aren't too bad, but still a bit of a markup from the prices when I bought a ton during my trip in September.

I'm happy that the stuff I want is already here, and I'm probably going to load up on more whenever I get the chance.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Good luck. I might check it out again tomorrow. Hoping it isn't too crowded, but who knows.

Prices here aren't too bad, but still a bit of a markup from the prices when I bought a ton during my trip in September.

I'm happy that the stuff I want is already here, and I'm probably going to load up on more whenever I get the chance.
Just wait til there are printed tees and possibly printed vidya gaem tees.

Renewed

I've been tired from work and forgot about this place for a bit. Starting meetup planning, it'll be the Saturday 2 weeks from now since that's all I'm free for this month. If anyone is interested they can plan the meetup themselves and have more options available. Throw recommendations and I'll look into them.

Quick

Banned
Amending my quick store recap, they do have Uniqlo x Lemaire.

Just wait til there are printed tees and possibly printed vidya gaem tees.

I've seen some of those. Manila/Asia (maybe?) had Disney- and Pixar-branded stuff. Didn't like the designs so I skipped them. There were also brand designs (Coca Cola, Hershey, etc.), but I also skipped them for the same reason.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I've been tired from work and forgot about this place for a bit. Starting meetup planning, it'll be the Saturday 2 weeks from now since that's all I'm free for this month. If anyone is interested they can plan the meetup themselves and have more options available. Throw recommendations and I'll look into them.

So the 22nd? That should be good for me. I still have to get that pitcher of beer.

krae_man

I'm in Portland that weekend but go ahead you crazy kids.

I'm trying to get a Portland meetup going but they don't seem to care.

Closest comparison to the mall I can think of is Vaughan Mills. Another "flagship" Ivanhoe Cambridge mall.
It is basically Vaughan Mills. The insides and the shops list looks the same. Vaughan mills works only because it practically has it's own highway exit, and even on boxing day and such it can take half an hour to get out when people park on the grass (just like that article).

Was at Uniqlo yesterday. No graphic tees, no sale from me. I'll check back in Spring when they're finally ready.

ahdurian

i really want them to bring graphic tees in. especially the collab ones.
When I was in Hong Kong, got some really nice Uniqlo x Pharrell ones. nice designs and really comfy.

also found out someone who was in my campus group works there now. it's weird watching him work

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
i really want them to bring graphic tees in. especially the collab ones.
When I was in Hong Kong, got some really nice Uniqlo x Pharrell ones. nice designs and really comfy.

also found out someone who was in my campus group works there now. it's weird watching him work
Stalker...!

So I spent the day today doing nothing but playing River City Tokyo Rumble. Goddamn 40 dollars and finished in a few hours but that nostalgia...!

Lexxism

CuX_QahW8AAqH_o.jpg

Top Bottom