• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

ahdurian

14468598_10154556641796870_8536432303646042735_o.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I just checked the playoff schedule and game 7 (if it goes that far) of the ALCS will be on the 22nd, the same day as the meetup.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Prices here aren't too bad, but still a bit of a markup from the prices when I bought a ton during my trip in September.

I'm happy that the stuff I want is already here, and I'm probably going to load up on more whenever I get the chance.

Oh nice, you went to Japan in September too? How was your trip? Did you also make the mistake of not checking when typhoon season in Japan was? XD

Brinbe

#TeamCold's time to shine now, jeez.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving, friends. Meetup soon, yes? If so, I'll totally suggest Dundas Video again. It's good times.

krae_man

Oh nice, you went to Japan in September too? How was your trip? Did you also make the mistake of not checking when typhoon season in Japan was? XD

To be fair, it's always Kaiju season so at the very least you always run the risk of a Rodan attack.

Quick

Banned

Philippines, I should've specified.

I managed to avoid typhoons until my flight home and my flights got delayed, rerouted, then delayed again. Not a fun flight home.

Quick

Banned
Braved Uniqlo again today. There was a long lineup when I got there, but I waited less than 10 minutes to get in. Security seems to be doing their due diligence in making sure the lines are as organized as possible. Asian lady in front of me tried to cut further ahead in line where the line turns, but was denied lol.

I picked up the dry stretch sweatpants in the colour I wanted and heat tech long johns.

The heat tech long johns are pretty fucking comfortable. It feels soft and warm, though I can't really test winter conditions right now to see if the warmth holds up. It's pretty thin, so durability worries me a little. On that same note, it's thin enough that I can still wear skinny/slim pants without feeling stuffed.

Gonna pick up more heat tech stuff next time. Maybe when the Yorkdale location opens next week.

Braved Uniqlo again today. There was a long lineup when I got there, but I waited less than 10 minutes to get in. Security seems to be doing their due diligence in making sure the lines are as organized as possible. Asian lady in front of me tried to cut further ahead in line where the line turns, but was denied lol.

I picked up the dry stretch sweatpants in the colour I wanted and heat tech long johns.

The heat tech long johns are pretty fucking comfortable. It feels soft and warm, though I can't really test winter conditions right now to see if the warmth holds up. It's pretty thin, so durability worries me a little. On that same note, it's thin enough that I can still wear skinny/slim pants without feeling stuffed.

Gonna pick up more heat tech stuff next time. Maybe when the Yorkdale location opens next week.
I want to buy a new pair of longjohns for this winter. The one I wear now keeps me warm but it's a bit too thick for my liking. Might check this one out if it's thinner.

I've read it all up to this point! Really love it, one of the greatest, though there are a couple of things that slightly sour it for me. You tryin' to get into it?

Im trying to, but I cant find a place to buy the complete volumes in order. Vol 2 seems to be missing everywhere though I heard there will be a reprint soon.

Mr.Towel

Im trying to, but I cant find a place to buy the complete volumes in order. Vol 2 seems to be missing everywhere though I heard there will be a reprint soon.

Hairy Tarantula near Dudas Square had a good stock of the volumes when I was picking up the early ones. This was a little while ago, though.

They sell long-johns at Uniqlo? Shit... I think I need 2 or 3 pairs of those. Been using the same 2 pairs since high school and they're too thick to wear under my jeans now (used to wear them underneath my school uniform pants).

I hope the Yorkdale location relieves some pressure of the Eaton Centre location. At this point the reason why I stopped buying a lot of stuff is cause my sizes are all gone.

Quick

Banned
They sell long-johns at Uniqlo? Shit... I think I need 2 or 3 pairs of those. Been using the same 2 pairs since high school and they're too thick to wear under my jeans now (used to wear them underneath my school uniform pants).

I hope the Yorkdale location relieves some pressure of the Eaton Centre location. At this point the reason why I stopped buying a lot of stuff is cause my sizes are all gone.

Yeah, I'm going to buy a couple more long johns. Maybe a couple of the heat tech undershirts too.

And from what I've seen, they haven't been able to restock their shelves as quickly due to the volume of people in the store. You could probably ask them to pull something from their stock room for you.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
li...brary?
I got the TPL'S back.
Yeah. The library. The place where you can get a free membership so that you can take out free books, DVDs, get free online lessons from Lynda.com, and stream Criterion Collection movies from, and you can also use their 3D printer too.

I really need to take advantage of all this though my wife does use the streaming option quite a bit.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
li...brary?
Yes, they also post some great tweets.

We're sorry for the etiquette blip, but still quite proud of the infamous flip. Go Jays! #OurMoment #ALDS #NationalPoetryDay @ArlingtonTXLib

CuHFbmBWcAAmeYJ.jpg
https://twitter.com/torontolibrary/status/784124891675123712

Thankful to be back on home turf (not that we need it for the win). #GoJaysGo #OurMoment #ALDS @ArlingtonTXLib @BlueJays

CuXLafcXYAAozuM.jpg
https://twitter.com/torontolibrary/status/785257371450871809

So I'm in Ontario now (Toronto and a few other cities), and I'm looking to get a SIM card for my iPhone while I'm here for the week. Anything pay-as-you-go like, but with data attached?

dluu13

So I'm in Ontario now (Toronto and a few other cities), and I'm looking to get a SIM card for my iPhone while I'm here for the week. Anything pay-as-you-go like, but with data attached?

If you click "show more" then it gives you a comprehensive list:
https://www.comparemyrates.ca/cell-phone-plans/prepaid/

Apparently WIND has a $35 unlimited everything prepaid.
The cheapest option with any data at all is from Virgin, at $20 and coming with 100 MB of data.

Data offerings in Canada are pretty sad.

mr.rager

I never went back to the TPL since I owed them 35 cents when I was 10. Do you think I will have to pay if I go back?

It'd be funny if you go back and find out you owe them a ridiculous amount of money. Do they even have limits on how much you can owe them or do they just make you pay for the book?

:edit:

Had an interview yesterday to be a "English Teacher", it was more like a glorified baby sitting job. Got an email early this morning saying I didn't get the job. Kind of thankful I wasn't accepted to be honest, you pretty much have to be super energetic 110% of the time. Fuck that.

dluu13

It'd be funny if you go back and find out you owe them a ridiculous amount of money. Do they even have limits on how much you can owe them or do they just make you pay for the book?

:edit:

Had an interview yesterday to be a "English Teacher", it was more like a glorified baby sitting job. Got an email early this morning saying I didn't get the job. Kind of thankful I wasn't accepted to be honest, you pretty much have to be super energetic 110% of the time. Fuck that.

I guess you can always decline haha. Have you heard back from any other places?

On jobs, I just applied to one that seems to fit my experience perfectly, but I've heard the stories here so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. I'll have to apply to a lot more.

Top Bottom