• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Account finally gets activated after it feels like 99983928392938928 years.

Also, Jays in Game 1 of ALCS tonight.

What a time to be alive

x5RuXdc.png

dluu13

Account finally gets activated after it feels like 99983928392938928 years.

Also, Jays in Game 1 of ALCS tonight.

What a time to be alive

x5RuXdc.png

Wow you spent your first post on this thread.
Lurk for 99983928392938928 years just to post in Toronto OT. That's real dedication right there.

welcome

Wow you spent your first post on this thread.
Lurk for 99983928392938928 years just to post in Toronto OT. That's real dedication right there.

welcome

Well, I thought it would be somewhat poetic to post in here since I was listening to Starboy at the time that I noticed the memo that my account was finally activated, so it literally came alive in the fall time.

Good. Now come to the meet up and you can finally get all the in jokes.

Maybe I am misinterpreting something here, so help me out, but is there an alternate in-joke meaning to "Kuro, You Bastard!" than simply being a shortened form for "Kuro, You Are A Bastard!" ? lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I am misinterpreting something here, so help me out, but is there an alternate in-joke meaning to "Kuro, You Bastard!" than simply being a shortened form for "Kuro, You Are A Bastard!" ? lol
D:

You probably like Hero Burger, cold weather, and Coors...!

Edit: so, I can get the PSVR, but it's only the core... I'd have to get a camera and the disc since I already have the move controllers...bah....

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
With the exception of his ridiculous love of hot, humid weather, Kuro's okay in my book.

Edit: TTC, pls. What is this nonsense? The line is so long for the streetcar that it blocks the stairs, and weaves on to the subway platform which messes up people trying to get off and on the subway.

Edit2: and now I have to get off the streetcar and wait for a shuttle bus.

Edit3: the "shuttle" bus only went for 2 minutes before it was at the end of the line. I am at the exhibition though, by the Princess gates. Now I have to walk the rest of the way to the Ricoh. Really late for the game. :|

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
With the exception of his ridiculous love of hot, humid weather, Kuro's okay in my book.

Edit: TTC, pls. What is this nonsense? The line is so long for the streetcar that it blocks the stairs, and weaves on to the subway platform which messes up people trying to get off and on the subway.

Edit2: and now I have to get off the streetcar and wait for a shuttle bus.

Edit3: the "shuttle" bus only went for 2 minutes before it was at the end of the line. I am at the exhibition though, by the Princess gates. Now I have to walk the rest of the way to the Ricoh. Really late for the game. :|
I'll never forget that it's actually Princes' Gates because I got out of a speeding ticket because the cop wrote down Princess instead of Princes'. :)

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I'll never forget that it's actually Princes' Gates because I got out of a speeding ticket because the cop wrote down Princess instead of Princes'. :)

Literally never knew it was actually the Princes' Gates until now. How, I don't know. Mind blown.

yyzjohn

Banned

I learned this fact about 20 years ago and now I'm that annoying fuck at parties who steps in to correct anyone that mentions it as Princess gates.

Quadratic

Went to a Toronto Hearthstone Fireside gathering today at an E-Sports bar @ St.Clair and Yonge. The space was quite roomy and there's PC's and console gaming setups. Probably a good candidate for a meetup location in the future?

http://www.blogto.com/sports_play/2016/08/huge_esports_bar_replacing_torontos_original_sports_bar/

There's a couple of Yelp reviews. Negative comments that it's not a "regular" sports bar and don't understand why people are watching games being played. Also it seems like it's a sausage fest and they can't pick up women.

I did actually win a causal HS tournament today playing Midrange Shaman. That deck is so OP right now.

dluu13

god damn Canucks...
predicted by USA today to have 65 and 63 points this season by USA Today and EA Sports, respectively.

Haven't followed hockey for a couple of years and now I don't recognize any of these names on the team.

krae_man

You're all a bunch of frauds. It's how you're able to afford to jet set around the continent going to different conventions.

Oh man, I could be so rich if I had no moral compass and was happy tricking people into paying more then face value for tickets to things.

That business is fucking booming. There's like zero risk since they don't even buy the tickets until after they've got money from their mark. Wish Google/governments would put a stop to it.

Blackhead

Redarse
Seems like the dude who threw the beer can has lost his job.

Jesus Christ at people who took part in this witch hunt.

...? Link/Source? From my casual understanding of events it was the police searching for him and he got tickets through his job. I presume his acts would get him fired with/without the 'internet' people getting involved, no?

N° 2048

Seems like the dude who threw the beer can has lost his job.

Jesus Christ at people who took part in this witch hunt.

Good riddance, the dude works in fucking sports journalism of all fields. He can find another job where they let him throw stuff at people.

Kraftwerk

...? Link/Source? From my casual understanding of events it was the police searching for him and he got tickets through his job. I presume his acts would get him fired with/without the 'internet' people getting involved, no?

Ill find it again and post it. It was on CBC or something.

Good riddance, the dude works in fucking sports journalism of all fields. He can find another job where they let him throw stuff at people.

Yeah, because everyone else is perfect and we never do anything wrong. He made a mistake. It wasn't some catastrophic thing. He should have gotten a penalty and that's the end of it. The media and the public made way too big of a deal from it.

Techcore

Neo Member
Went to a Toronto Hearthstone Fireside gathering today at an E-Sports bar @ St.Clair and Yonge. The space was quite roomy and there's PC's and console gaming setups. Probably a good candidate for a meetup location in the future

My friend hosted that event! Raiders is a pretty good spot. Tap is good, cocktails are good, food can use an upgrade though. Daniel, the owner, is pretty cool. When LCS was in town there were hella girls. Actually, there will be more HS events and I think more girls will show up.

Have you hit up Good Game Bar or Power Up Bar? Haven't checked out the later but I hear the venue and staff are dope.

dluu13

My friend hosted that event! Raiders is a pretty good spot. Tap is good, cocktails are good, food can use an upgrade though. Daniel, the owner, is pretty cool. When LCS was in town there were hella girls. Actually, there will be more HS events and I think more girls will show up.

Have you hit up Good Game Bar or Power Up Bar? Haven't checked out the later but I hear the venue and staff are dope.

We are planning to go to Power Up Bar this weekend for a Toronto GAF meetup.

Jayhawk

I managed to get a pair of tickets to tomorrow's Jays game at base prices through Ticketmaster. It's level-100 seats in the left field, row 6... so around the same area the beer-thrower sat.

Mhee12Bee

Ahhh crap
Got my 2nd interview for a way better place... But replying back has a small typo. Also, I responded to the email for tomorrow after work. 6 hours later.

If this works out... Give me your spirits for the interview! (or your Soju if I fail horribly)

ahdurian

I managed to get a pair of tickets to tomorrow's Jays game at base prices through Ticketmaster. It's level-100 seats in the left field, row 6... so around the same area the beer-thrower sat.

but for how much though?
i've had a lot of people on my FB selling off their tickets for the 100s-200s for about $250-$400

Top Bottom