• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Lexxism

Dealt with my first road rager today. Not sure what I did to set him off but it probably was how slow I was to take a left with a lot of pedestrians still crossing.
Wow. I always see this on the road. They get mad really quick if you are damn slow to turn. They will keep honking their car at you.

Why do landlords still say no pets in rental ads. Isn't that illegal to say and deny someone with a pet ?

http://www.ontariotenants.ca/law/act02.phtml#RTA14

"No pet" provisions void

14. A provision in a tenancy agreement prohibiting the presence of animals in or about the residential complex is void. 2006, c. 17, s. 14.

removed the other part of this since it dealt with ottawa, not toronto.

you're probably not asking if it's legal or not, but i thought i'd put the link in case anyone else was wondering

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
No pet clause (and a bunch of other clauses) can't be enforced, as posted above. We signed one with our building and we have tons of dogs, cats and other animals in the building. With most major rental companies, I don't give a shit about revealing I have an animal before hand. If you're renting from a smaller company, or an individual, I may just disclose it so that I don't have to have a fight with them later.

Dealt with my first road rager today. Not sure what I did to set him off but it probably was how slow I was to take a left with a lot of pedestrians still crossing.

He cut in front of me, got out of his car and and was hurling expletives and whatnot. I only asked him what I did to set him off but he rather he call me a bad driver and a coward while smacking my door. Dude was unhinged. I am not for conflict so the whole ordeal left me a little shaken but I'm okay.

Nice. When I was a new driver, I cut someone off (there's a steep hill coming up over this T intersection, with stops only one way) and the guy followed me for about 10 miles, weaving in and out and trying to run me off the road. No clue why they gave up, but my adrenaline was going full steam.

This was about a year before my uncle and some guy got into it on a California highway, eventually taking an off ramp on to a street. Guy jumped into the back of my uncle's truck at the first red light and grabbed a shovel (he was a landscaper), smashing in the driver's side back window. My uncle freaked out and drove head first into another on coming car with a mom and her young daughter in it. Only my uncle died, but mother+daughter were seriously hurt. Guy ended up with 1 year (ish) for manslaughter and probation.

So when I look at dash cam videos in /r/torontodriving, it scares me shitless.

krae_man

Why is it every time a convention has an arcade Freeplay 50℅ of them are broken within a couple hours. I don't remember 1/2 of arcades being out of order back in the day.

Did people forget how to treat arcade machines or something?

Why is it every time a convention has an arcade Freeplay 50℅ of them are broken within a couple hours. I don't remember 1/2 of arcades being out of order back in the day.

Did people forget how to treat arcade machines or something?

What conventions have an arcade?

jokkir

Anyone know where I can buy phones off people they're looking to sell with the least amount of hassle/scamming? I don't really trust Craigslist or Kijiji for this and kind of iffy on Red Flag Deals.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Join NHL-GAF too Kuro.
Too many Jets fans.

Man...at maid cafe with my wife. This dude and girl sitting next to us, she's trying quite opening to let him know it's not a date. One of her friends comes in and she introduces the guy as her friend. He's insisting on paying even though she wants to go Dutch. Has to say multiple times "this is not a date".

😒

Quick

Banned
Too many Jets fans.

Man...at maid cafe with my wife. This dude and girl sitting next to us, she's trying quite opening to let him know it's not a date. One of her friends comes in and she introduces the guy as her friend. He's insisting on paying even though she wants to go Dutch. Has to say multiple times "this is not a date".

😒

I feel the secondhand embarrassment.

zroid

Banned
Too many Jets fans.

😒

sounds like the script of a disney channel sitcom

Because we were talking about making a discord server for us, I went ahead and made one.

No idea what to do with it yet, but here's the permalink.

https://discord.gg/bCwg9yw

We should convert this to a whatsapp group chat

Too many Jets fans.

😒

Asian?

ahdurian

i had wechat when we had some co-ops from Waterloo working in my department
after their 4 months with us, i stopped using it

Discord is the legit way to communicate

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Discord for gaming purposes and Slack for work and casual chat rooms. Rarely visit IRC these days unless it's E3 time. I don't mind our channel being on Discord over Slack though, they're fairly interchangeable for me, although Slack allows animated emojis. :p

Whatsapp is a lifesaver for anyone with friends/family in the US or overseas. Just make sure to turn off those options that give Facebook way too much access/info about you.

Is there actually a Toronto GAF IRC channel? :O What server?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
When you join the discord group and see they picked out the right logo.

d96.jpg

Is anyone going to the Toronto FC playoff match on Wednesday? I've been a fan for 10 years so I've waited a long time for their first playoff match at home! lol

Found this thread last week. I moved to Canada/Toronto 6 months ago from Northern Ireland. Please tell me the subway gets better in the Winter?

Quadratic

Found this thread last week. I moved to Canada/Toronto 6 months ago from Northern Ireland. Please tell me the subway gets better in the Winter?

Make sure to download a transit app if you have a smart phone. The predictions it gives are not always a guarantee a bus/streetcar will arrive. Things like accidents or traffic can throw the predictions way off. When it's snowing it will make things move even slower than they do now.

Have a few alternate methods of getting home. If it looks like plan A is not going to work out it's better to start home another way than to just stand outside freezing.

I know this may suck, but when the weather turns, I budget an extra 20 mins on my commute for any issues that may arise (I take the subway 4 stops, and a bus the remainder of the way). I sometimes end up at work way early, but I'm generally never late.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
BRRRRRRR

@Kuro

BRRRRRRR
Put on your Canada Goose jacket and fight me!
Have you guys tried out the voice chat yet?

Had a cool voice chat session with NHL-GAF.
Still too many jest fans.
I saw a couple of people in the General voice channel yesterday but I didn't join
That would be Evilmario and carrying terrible Hanjo players in Overwatch.
Oh sweet summer child....
I need to find the charger for my headset. I can't remember where I put it, lol.
I think the game benefits from not hearing your dumbass teammates.
Make sure to download a transit app if you have a smart phone. The predictions it gives are not always a guarantee a bus/streetcar will arrive. Things like accidents or traffic can throw the predictions way off. When it's snowing it will make things move even slower than they do now.

Have a few alternate methods of getting home. If it looks like plan A is not going to work out it's better to start home another way than to just stand outside freezing.

I know this may suck, but when the weather turns, I budget an extra 20 mins on my commute for any issues that may arise (I take the subway 4 stops, and a bus the remainder of the way). I sometimes end up at work way early, but I'm generally never late.
Definitely get the app. I use rocket man myself.

Other than that, NEVER take the shuttle bus if the subway is down unless it's for a super serious reason. It's always better to wait since it may take awhile, but it'll be faster than the goddamn bus.

Edit: some small personal news. Haven't heard back from the interview for two weeks -_- . Emailed today and I'm still being considered but the decision makers are travelling. Well, some good news for this dreariness.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

If by better you mean the streetcars stop running when it gets too cold, buses can't make it up some steep hills in the snow and transit is even more crowded, then yes!

At least we don't have the 50c subway death trains in the winter.
We have the no heat streetcars instead

Top Bottom