• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
If by better you mean the streetcars stop running when it gets too cold, buses can't make it up some steep hills in the snow and transit is even more crowded, then yes!

At least we don't have the 50c subway death trains in the winter.
We have the no heat streetcars instead

The no heat streetcars go with the no air conditioning subways!

though I don't think I've ever been on a streetcar with no heat

This will be me for the next couple of months if I sleep without socks on.

VWmKV.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
High of 27 in Tokyo tomorrow. Fuck this shit.
You shut your mouth! You don't know how good you have it...!

If it's anything like when I was there last time in Nov, it'll get chilly soon enough.

You guys can add me on battlenet
Madoushi0#1744
We'll try to get an all TO GAF team up at least once. And then I can rage at all of you Hanjo mains.

Blackhead

Redarse
How legit are uniqlo's heat tech? Worth it for $30?
Depends on your other layers. I wore the regular heattech under a 'Fall' jacket (well more like Spring/Summer jacket) this past week and felt chilly but switched to the 'extra warm' heattech and felt fine. It's only going to get colder so I'll be buying more of the extra warm when next on sale. NB: heattech is not allowed for returns in Canada. And the store didn't have my size to try on (and still wouldn't open a pack after I waited 15 minutes in line for the changing room) which pissed me off

Lexxism

Depends on your other layers. I wore the regular heattech under a 'Fall' jacket (well more like Spring/Summer jacket) this past week and felt chilly but switched to the 'extra warm' heattech and felt fine. It's only going to get colder so I'll be buying more of the extra warm when next on sale. NB: heattech is not allowed for returns in Canada. And the store didn't have my size to try on (and still wouldn't open a pack after I waited 15 minutes in line for the changing room) which pissed me off
Wow. So, you can't return it. What's the size like? Is it comparable to Old Navy?

soultron

Banned
I bought some size L HeatTech (reg and extra warm) this weekend. I'll open it up and take some pics of it or something.

I bought the $5 socks and damn are they comfy and warm. Perfect for the weather. Got the $7 (or was it $9?) HT socks too, but they're probably too warm for right now.

About the returns: I asked if still-sealed HT packages could be returned (as well as still-packaged socks) and I got a hard "no" from two different sales reps. That's pretty crazy, IMO, considering that the packages would be very difficult to pass off as unopened.

soultron

Banned
Because 2 soultron posts back to back are better than editing an old one:

I am finally moving next week. What's the best internet plan I can grab, considering things like Up/Down and customer service? I'm near Bloor-Yonge station.

I'd like to spend no more than $80/month, if possible. I download a few AAA games (~40GB) every month, but I could shift to scheduling downloads to overnight if that helps with lower caps.

I've been thinking about TekSavvy but I'd love to hear some of your experiences with them first, if possible.

Lexxism

I am finally moving next week. What's the best internet plan I can grab, considering things like Up/Down and customer service? I'm near Bloor-Yonge station.

I'd like to spend no more than $80/month, if possible. I download a few AAA games (~40GB) every month, but I could shift to scheduling downloads to overnight if that helps with lower caps.

I've been thinking about TekSavvy but I'd love to hear some of your experiences with them first, if possible.
If you don't mind Rogers, they have the 100 down/ 10 up unlimited for $64.99 on a 2 year term.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Generally low hassle with Teksavvy. I haven't had a big issue with them in awhile. There are outages and while they may be Rogers' fault, Rogers makes sure to service lines that affect Rogers first. Wait times for support and people coming to do any installs can be a pain in the ass. Other than that, it's been pretty smooth so far. I have gone over my 400gb limit a few times (and they charge now :'( ) but it's not every month.

dluu13

Generally low hassle with Teksavvy. I haven't had a big issue with them in awhile. There are outages and while they may be Rogers' fault, Rogers makes sure to service lines that affect Rogers first. Wait times for support and people coming to do any installs can be a pain in the ass. Other than that, it's been pretty smooth so far. I have gone over my 400gb limit a few times (and they charge now :'( ) but it's not every month.

Yeah, I am also quite happy with Teksavvy although I am using their DSL service, which is from Bell. Phone support takes a very long time, but the open hours iirc are very long. Online chat support was also quite easy.

I have also gone over my cap but at least they don't charge too much for over use. It's also very handy that they send me email notifications when you hit milestones (e.g. 50%, 75%, etc).

krae_man

Unfortunately the CRTC allows Robelus to charge excessive rates to Teksavvy and others so they really aren't that much cheaper.

Maybe you'll get lucky and your specific speed, data cap, and price needs will fit nicely with a specific package a reseller offers. Otherwise everything will be in the same ball park, speed, price and cap wise.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Even though I know I am pretty much giving money to Rogers / Bell, I prefer to do it through Teksavvy. There are if other options that don't end up the same.

Similar for phone service. I'm suffering through WIND data, just as a point to not support the oligopoly. I know it makes no fucking difference in the end, but I can feel slightly better about myself. :p

Even though I know I am pretty much giving money to Rogers / Bell, I prefer to do it through Teksavvy. There are if other options that don't end up the same.

Similar for phone service. I'm suffering through WIND data, just as a point to not support the oligopoly. I know it makes no fucking difference in the end, but I can feel slightly better about myself. :p

LTE soon, fellow sufferer.

Quadratic

I used Teksavvy for 4 years before switching to Fido this year. Never had any major issues except a few outages that lasted a few hours each time. I even continued using them when I made the move to my condo. Speeds were as advertised at both locations. Honestly I would have stayed if not for a bundle deal along with cellular I got with Fido that saves me about 10 a month for similar speed with Teksavvy (28Mbps vs 30 Mbps, both unlimited)

Blackhead

Redarse
Wow. So, you can't return it. What's the size like? Is it comparable to Old Navy?
Don't wear old navy so have no clue

I used TekSavvy happily for years. I switched to Bell (not happy) then Vmedia (happy with the cable, not with the IPTV then but I hear that's improved) and then to Rogers. Rogers offers the fastest speeds and they've restricted Teksavvy and the rest from offering those (higher access fees, not approving modems etc). Combined with the aggressive Rogers promos I can get unlimited 250/20 for a similar price as Teksavvy's restricted 100/10. I've been waiting for the CRTC to sort it out so I'll switch back to TekSavvy. I wouldn't mind paying more to support an independent but really don't want a drop speed by 80% to do. I mean you can't even get 150/10 on TekSavvy any more wtf. RobBers have really fucked up competition in Canada

You're doomed.

RIP in peace.

Make sure to download a transit app if you have a smart phone. The predictions it gives are not always a guarantee a bus/streetcar will arrive. Things like accidents or traffic can throw the predictions way off. When it's snowing it will make things move even slower than they do now.

Have a few alternate methods of getting home. If it looks like plan A is not going to work out it's better to start home another way than to just stand outside freezing.

I know this may suck, but when the weather turns, I budget an extra 20 mins on my commute for any issues that may arise (I take the subway 4 stops, and a bus the remainder of the way). I sometimes end up at work way early, but I'm generally never late.

Oh sweet summer child....

It'll be warmer.... But uh, yeah. No.

I guess it's time I start looking into hibernation or a job with less of a commute.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I guess it's time I start looking into hibernation or a job with less of a commute.
I'd say just leave earlier, but with the TTC that means you can get there super early or 15 mins late. It's generally reliable...except when it's not...

Speaking of jobs, passed 2nd interview and asked for references. Almost done, I hope!

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I'd say just leave earlier, but with the TTC that means you can get there super early or 15 mins late. It's generally reliable...except when it's not...

Speaking of jobs, passed 2nd interview and asked for references. Almost done, I hope!

Fingers crossed!

I still have to get everyone that pitcher of beer....

mr.rager

Feel like shit right now. Had an interview which went really well then had a trial run at the job which went really good. The whole time I felt like I had a really good chance at landing the job. Woke up this morning to an email saying I didn't get the job. Shit sucks.

Feel like shit right now. Had an interview which went really well then had a trial run at the job which went really good. The whole time I felt like I had a really good chance at landing the job. Woke up this morning to an email saying I didn't get the job. Shit sucks.

god man, sorry to hear that.

i had to call/submit resumes to about ... 12 recruiting companies? it sucks.. and i get to do it all again tomorrow. :(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
58ASsYk.jpg

I took this photo from the TFC playoff match tonight! What a sweet win!
It's alive...!!!
Bah I hate those trial runs. I had one once and asked for materials or lesson plans beforehand. Oh don't worry, the teacher that is sick will give those to you. I didn't get jack fucking shit so I went in completely unprepared and didn't get called back.

dluu13

Damn that sucks. It almost feels as if they are leading you on. I once had one where they paid my travel and everything and gave me the whole tour, just to find out that they hired somebody else later.

Good luck on your next one!

Hi Toronto-GAF.

How easy is it and what it the best way to get tickets for a Toronto Raptors game.

I live in the UK and will be in Toronto end of November/start Dec.

Top Bottom