• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Renewed

This is real Pokemon hunting weather right hur. First store I checked was sold out, next one had it.

And some guy's car breaks down so we push it to a parking space. Let the rest of today be uneventful.

N° 2048

I can't remember the last time I used a winter jacket.

Two hoodies +
Roots_toque_Black-500x500.jpg

explodet

Yeah, I'm getting internet issues all over the place.
Really bad timing for anybody who just wants to say inside and avoid the snow.

zroid

Banned
My parents have about $1200 CDN worth of Indian Rupees and all of a sudden yesterday the Indian government decided to disallow all 500 and 1000 rupee banknotes, rendering the cash worthless. None of the local currency exchange outlets will accept them anymore, the only way is to deposit the money into an Indian bank account, which we don't have. What a fucking joke.

The deadline is December 31st and then it's as good as junk!

So as of now it appears our best recourse is to drive down to Niagara Falls, NY and mail the money to my mom's aunt in Chicago who's traveling to India in early December... then she's going to give the money to my grandma in India who will deposit the money and eventually wire it back to us.

sending cash by courier isn't allowed, and mailing it across the border will probably cause a bunch of trouble, so this is pretty much the only option at this point. FUN TIMES!

dluu13

So as of now it appears our best recourse is to drive down to Niagara Falls, NY and mail the money to my mom's aunt in Chicago who's traveling to India in early December... then she's going to give the money to my grandma in India who will deposit the money and eventually wire it back to us.

sending cash by courier isn't allowed, and mailing it across the border will probably cause a bunch of trouble, so this is pretty much the only option at this point. FUN TIMES!
Damn that sucks. I remember seeing an Indian bank in Vancouver and it turns out there is are a few in the gta as well.
http://www.sbicanada.com
Maybe you can open account there.
Not sure if this helps though. Good luck.

zroid

Banned
Damn that sucks. I remember seeing an Indian bank in Vancouver and it turns out there is are a few in the gta as well.
http://www.sbicanada.com
Maybe you can open account there.
Not sure if this helps though. Good luck.

Thanks man, unfortunately SBI Canada can't do anything :(. They were the first people I called when this happened lol.

I'm still holding out a sliver of hope that the Indian government will change something in their policy to allow overseas currency holders to exchange their cash somehow, but I'm not optimistic at this point.

They seem to be operating under the assumption that anyone who held Indian cash abroad was doing something illegal with it, and are trying to throw us under the bus intentionally

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It's probably the soccer game between Montreal and Toronto tonight.
The Raptors hit a buzzer beater at the end of the game to tie it but the score keeper didn't start the clock on time so the refs reversed the basket and they lost.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It's probably the soccer game between Montreal and Toronto tonight.
Nope.
The Raptors hit a buzzer beater at the end of the game to tie it but the score keeper didn't start the clock on time so the refs reversed the basket and they lost.
Yup. The mountain of salt from Raptors fans is totally warranted for this. It's as if the ref dropped the puck, the Leafs score it with a few seconds left and the time keeper says "lol sorry, it doesn't count cause I didn't start the clock".

All you winter guys are nuts. I hope we hit 38 degrees by late April.
I got a lot of stuff to do outside today too... :'(

yyzjohn

Banned
Seriously who likes this shit? Took me TWO HOURS of driving to get to work today. Normally it's about 40-45 minutes down Yonge St. Unreal.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Every time I go to Yorkdale now I feel like I get lost.

Anyway, I got some of the Uniqlo heat tech tights. Hope they are worth it.

Top Bottom