• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

I looked at jacket sales at Mark's Sunday, but they were either shit or too expensive. I'm not interested in spending $150 for a jacket.

I'll wait for clearance.

Working in Oakville for the next 3 weeks, staying in a hotel down there for most of the really long days but not today

Drive there was ok, took about 45 minutes from Thornhill leaving at 7am.............but took over an hour and 15 minutes coming back at 5:30 :|

I'm way too used to a 15-25 minute commute on non-highways lol

Edit - And what the hell has happened to early morning sports radio......Dean Blundell is still awful and TSN had Steve Simmons filling in for someone =/

zroid

Banned
so for those following along with my Indian Rupee escapades, looks like the saga is finally reaching its end. This morning my dad was talking with his cousin and somehow the topic came up. And we lucked out! Her husband who travels often between India, Dubai, and Toronto, happened to be in town and was actually leaving on a flight to India literally this afternoon. He agreed to take all the money and deposit it for us! :D

I drove to the airport and handed him an envelope of cash. All's well that ends well, I suppose.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
We're thinking the 9th, or the 10th for the last meetup of the year. If you have a problem with either, speak up now. 3rd and 4th are busy for a couple people already.

What a relief at the end of the TFC match. When it was 3-0, I was so bummed out to have tickets to the second match next week. But now after scoring those 2 goals, they basically just need to win at most common scorelines. No reason they cant do that. Pumped for the match!

Lexxism

What a relief at the end of the TFC match. When it was 3-0, I was so bummed out to have tickets to the second match next week. But now after scoring those 2 goals, they basically just need to win at most common scorelines. No reason they cant do that. Pumped for the match!
How many goals do they need to advance? Need to outscore them by at least 2 goals?

How many goals do they need to advance? Need to outscore them by at least 2 goals?

If TFC win 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 or 3-1 then they go to the MLS Cup. If they win 3-2 then it goes to extra time. If Montreal wins or it's a tie then they would move on. It's really a pretty good spot to be in for a home match.

dluu13

We're thinking the 9th, or the 10th for the last meetup of the year. If you have a problem with either, speak up now. 3rd and 4th are busy for a couple people already.
Yup, I don't get back to Toronto until the 4th. I'm ok for 9 and 10 and hopefully nothing pops up.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Y'all can buy me birthday drinks if it's the 9th or 10th. :p Either day is fine with me but I prefer the 10th.

gabbo

Someone give me a job. Please.

image.php

I know how ya feel.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Y'all can buy me birthday drinks if it's the 9th or 10th. :p Either day is fine with me but I prefer the 10th.
Nice timing! I also think it's mystery santa too?
Someone give me a job. Please.
If I see something I'll let you know. Good lock in the meantime.

Don't apply to Yellow Pages...
I could do that too!
Shots of appl juice?
This will be the end of him if this happens. Really, we should focus more on telling the rest of the whiners in Northern Ontario and elsewhere to fuck off and give us more of our own funding. Toronto isn't poor, but we pay out a lot more than we get.
This is the worst possible weather. Wet/damp winter weather. It chills to the bone.
#teamwarm

Lexxism

This will be the end of him if this happens. Really, we should focus more on telling the rest of the whiners in Northern Ontario and elsewhere to fuck off and give us more of our own funding. Toronto isn't poor, but we pay out a lot more than we get.
I thought he's raising the property tax (again) to fund the TTC and infra? I guess that's not enough huh

Need advice on a reasonable winter coat for business usage, and then also a traditional winter jacket that isn't too bulky.

Any ideas? As someone else mentioned earlier, I don't want to spend $ 150+ on something generic as hell.

May not need it right away, as I am going away for 3 weeks after Christmas overseas. London, which is reasonable in terms of winter climate. They think 9 C is the same as -40 with windchill. lol

dluu13

Need advice on a reasonable winter coat for business usage, and then also a traditional winter jacket that isn't too bulky.

Any ideas? As someone else mentioned earlier, I don't want to spend $ 150+ on something generic as hell.

May not need it right away, as I am going away for 3 weeks after Christmas overseas. London, which is reasonable in terms of winter climate. They think 9 C is the same as -40 with windchill. lol
Can't tell you anything about the winter jackets but as I understand, London is quite humid. I'm from Vancouver and I can tell you that humidity is awful. Temperature is not as low, but it penetrates through all your clothes. I had no real solutions other than to wear more.

That being said, I definitely wear more in a Toronto winter than in Vancouver. Just don't let the wetness catch you by surprise.

gabbo

He'd only jump to the Provincial level if he could be PC leader and that ain't happening anytime soon so he'll settle for Mayor.

Well then I hope this one issue isn't enough to get Tory kicked out (unless someone better challenges him - a Ford is not better)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Well then I hope this one issue isn't enough to get Tory kicked out (unless someone better challenges him - a Ford is not better)
Doug will campaign and win by promising to axe this toll for car owners (hello $60 vehicle tax) and not have a realistic way of raising that money in some other way. Get ready for more gravy talk.

I work with three guys who were bitching about this heavily this week. One drives in from Whitby, another from Brampton, and the third from close to Hamilton. I told them all to shut the fuck up and they should have to pay double what I would have to pay since they're nothing but leaches adding to the traffic without paying a cent to Toronto. They all shut up.

Has anyone in here been able to successfully procure a Nintendo Classic yet?
I was able to get one from Amazon.ca when they were flickering on the first day. I didn't receive it until a few days ago.

Tory is done. First of all, road repairs on the gardiner and dvp are already part of this year's budget, the tolls would take a couple of years to implement and will go to transit which is NOT what tolls are for. Property tax already pays for roads, and in case people are complaining how the suburbs pay more property tax, there are more of us in the city and now condos.

If they build another wider downtown route and needs money to finance it, THAT'S what the toll would fit because it's new infrastructure.

If you want to pay for transit, implement a transit tax and see how people feel.

Heck just raise ttc fares and change the pricing structure, charge by distance instead of one price fits all.

soultron

Banned
Heck just raise ttc fares and change the pricing structure, charge by distance instead of one price fits all.

They already did. $4.75 extra this coming January.

Charge-by-distance with a maximum cap per month is what I'm hoping for, especially with PRESTO being put in place at all TTC stations now and in the future. Especially since next month is the last month for metropasses, IIRC.

$4.75 is getting ridiculous.

Top Bottom