• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Lexxism

Charge-by-distance with a maximum cap per month is what I'm hoping for, especially with PRESTO being put in place at all TTC stations now and in the future. Especially since next month is the last month for metropasses, IIRC.

$4.75 is getting ridiculous.
Yeah, 146.25. Don't worry they will add another $4 or so by the end of the year but their service will get worse and worse.

jokkir

Yeah, 146.25. Don't worry they will add another $4 or so by the end of the year but their service will get worse and worse.

Really need to get the province to cough up more money to fund transit cause shit's getting ridiculous.

Glad I can get the VIP metropass or else I'd probably think of not buying it anymore :\

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
The tolls are a consequence of voting for the idiotic Scarborough subway and Gardener reconstruction projects.

The city is almost literally throwing money into a hole in the ground

gabbo

Charge-by-distance with a maximum cap per month is what I'm hoping for, especially with PRESTO being put in place at all TTC stations now and in the future. Especially since next month is the last month for metropasses, IIRC.

$4.75 is getting ridiculous.

Next month is the last month for token and tickets. Metropasses live on for now, i believe.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So where the hell do I buy a presto card in person?

I'm seeing potentially at Union? But where in that horrible maze of construction?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Next month is the last month for token and tickets. Metropasses live on for now, i believe.

Really?

So I have to pay cash? I don't have a Presto card yet but the two bus routes near me that I would use don't have Presto. :|

Never mind, just saw EM's post.

Quadratic

I forgot I had an old 2013 Futureshop pre order of Final Fantasy XV (PS4 version) on the way. It's $45 tax in if anyone is interested. I somehow got it for a bit cheaper via Amazon's weird E3 2015 pricing glitch. Otherwise it's getting returned. We can do an exchange at the Dec meetup or sometime earlier.

gabbo

So how does Presto work if I want metropass style use? I dont want to have to refill the thing every week because I need it for [eventual] work/etc. Can I just load it with a 'TTC Pass' and it works the same?

Lexxism

So how does Presto work if I want metropass style use? I dont want to have to refill the thing every week because I need it for [eventual] work/etc. Can I just load it with a 'TTC Pass' and it works the same?
There's no such thing as metropass yet on Presto.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So, finally permanently moved back to Toronto. Hopefully I can make the next meet up that Kuro keeps telling me to go to whenever I see him. lol

I'm still looking for any kind of work in the city, so if anyone has any advice on that front, I'd love to know.

Also, I figured someone here might know but I could ask in the deals thread - are PS3/360 games worth anything at all in the used market these days? I'm considering just putting the majority of them into sleeves and recycling the cases, but I don't know if it's worth dragging them to Game Centre or EB. Or maybe the TPL takes old game donations now? I'm sure there's not much demand for hot titles such as Velvet Assassin.

gabbo

So, finally permanently moved back to Toronto. Hopefully I can make the next meet up that Kuro keeps telling me to go to whenever I see him. lol

I'm still looking for any kind of work in the city, so if anyone has any advice on that front, I'd love to know.

Also, I figured someone here might know but I could ask in the deals thread - are PS3/360 games worth anything at all in the used market these days? I'm considering just putting the majority of them into sleeves and recycling the cases, but I don't know if it's worth dragging them to Game Centre or EB. Or maybe the TPL takes old game donations now? I'm sure there's not much demand for hot titles such as Velvet Assassin.

It depends on condition and rarity. I got a dollar each for Uncharted 3 and Revengeance two weeks ago in perfect condition with manuals at EB. Of course I just got a PS3, so I'm more interested in the games you have than what you'd get for them :D.

Renewed

I should keep some tokens on me but I always tend to be using Presto now.

Reason for getting almost nothing on Revengeance is because they've been trying to purge that game by selling it for $3 or giving it for free with refurb PS3/360.

gabbo

I should keep some tokens on me but I always tend to be using Presto now.

Reason for getting almost nothing on Revengeance is because they've been trying to purge that game by selling it for $3 or giving it for free with refurb PS3/360.

I didn't care. I was just looking to offload it, I can play it through. Steam sharing with my brother. I was a little shocked U3 was so low though

Eleuin

I forgot I had an old 2013 Futureshop pre order of Final Fantasy XV (PS4 version) on the way. It's $45 tax in if anyone is interested. I somehow got it for a bit cheaper via Amazon's weird E3 2015 pricing glitch. Otherwise it's getting returned. We can do an exchange at the Dec meetup or sometime earlier.

I'd be interested, I'm not going to attend the meetup but I can meet you there anyways

I actually already have an order but its for $55 so this only if absolutely no else wants it

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It depends on condition and rarity. I got a dollar each for Uncharted 3 and Revengeance two weeks ago in perfect condition with manuals at EB. Of course I just got a PS3, so I'm more interested in the games you have than what you'd get for them :D.
Yeah, for a buck or less I don't know if it's worth hauling them in (if you got 1 dollar for UC3, I wonder if UC1 is worth a few pennies). Maybe if I had a car I could just show up with a like a few hundred games and make it worth it I guess, but I can imagine the clerks just telling me to fuck off at that point. lol

I think a lot of stuff I wouldn't mind giving away, but I'm not sure if it's stuff that you'd want - I ended up buying a lot of junk during those Rogers boxing day sales ages ago, so I have stuff that runs the gamut from Haze to Vampire Rain. Basically a lot of fps, tps, and rpgs from over the years. I don't know if I'll get to them before it gets too cold to hang out in the garage, but if you give me an idea of things you'd want, I don't mind keeping you in mind the next time I go into the bins.

(I was mostly on 360 until the last couple of years of the previous generation though, so my PS3 collection is rather sparse by comparison).

Just to comment on the TPL. We don't take donations of Blu Rays or video games.
Ah, fair enough!
(Also, is the TPL hiring? lol)

Renewed

I cancelled my FFXV copy but probably could have thought of trading it with somebody. Probably not worth the hassle.

Need to come up with a job option that will last me till September.

zroid

Banned
Wait... the TTC has an official gift shop with TTC branded merchandise now?

Amazing

9d8fe8a00abe42bf93334b0c1a76eeac.png

gabbo

Yeah, for a buck or less I don't know if it's worth hauling them in (if you got 1 dollar for UC3, I wonder if UC1 is worth a few pennies). Maybe if I had a car I could just show up with a like a few hundred games and make it worth it I guess, but I can imagine the clerks just telling me to fuck off at that point. lol

I think a lot of stuff I wouldn't mind giving away, but I'm not sure if it's stuff that you'd want - I ended up buying a lot of junk during those Rogers boxing day sales ages ago, so I have stuff that runs the gamut from Haze to Vampire Rain. Basically a lot of fps, tps, and rpgs from over the years. I don't know if I'll get to them before it gets too cold to hang out in the garage, but if you give me an idea of things you'd want, I don't mind keeping you in mind the next time I go into the bins.

(I was mostly on 360 until the last couple of years of the previous generation though, so my PS3 collection is rather sparse by comparison).

Ah, fair enough!
(Also, is the TPL hiring? lol)

Sent you a PM. Thanks for keeping me in mind :)
Oh, and as someone who has used Bunz for gaming recently, I would suggest trying to see what you could get for some of them on there. I've had good experiences so far (hell it's how I got the ps3)

I just got a presto card. Plan to use it starting next month. Should be interesting. Set my autoload at 60 bucks when it drops below 10. Should cover me since I usually take 2 way trips which should be 6 bucks.

Kraftwerk

Is Pho Pastuer the best pho downtown? Gonna go with friends and have always been satisfied, just thinking maybe we should try something new.

FairyD

Anyone been here: http://www.alleycatz.ca/

Coming to town this weekend for my Birthday, a buddy (who lives in TO) suggested this place. Thoughts?

It's not a bad place. I've been there quite a few times, but I prefer rose and crown down the street.

The good thing about Alley cats is that there is another bar/club next door to it so if you get bored there you can hop over to the next place in the back.

Entropia

No One Remembers
It's not a bad place. I've been there quite a few times, but I prefer rose and crown down the street.

The good thing about Alley cats is that there is another bar/club next door to it so if you get bored there you can hop over to the next place in the back.

Ah, I did not know about the bar/club next door.

I changed up plans a bit - gonna try and go to Gusto... assuming my other buddies don't bail

Top Bottom