• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Quadratic

I got a 10 year passport just so I don't need to worry about renewing for a long time. I hope my look doesn't change too much from now.

Renewed

I was going to renew my passport but I might hold off on it since I don't have a use this upcoming year.

Yay, the TTC entrance at my building is finally opening this week... and guess what? It doesn't have a Presto reader!

Perfect storm of uselessness right there.

All this Eglinton Crosstown construction has basically made driving on that road a no-go on the afternoon. I really hope it won't be like this for the next couple of years.

I just got it this summer - it takes about 3 month of waiting to approve the initial application, then you can schedule an in-person interview which depending on availability means another 2-3 weeks of waiting. after the interview it's about a week to get the card in the mail so the entire thing will take you roughly 3-4 months from applying to having the physical card.

Awesome, good to know. Is there any specific documents or references, etc. that you need to bring to the interview session? Or is that all filled out in the initial application portion?

Also, since we are on the topic, I too have gotten myself one of those 10 year passports, and was able to sucessfully expense it for work reasons, lol.

zroid

Banned
All this Eglinton Crosstown construction has basically made driving on that road a no-go on the afternoon. I really hope it won't be like this for the next couple of years.

i don't drive there often luckily, but on the rare occasion i have to go to Sunnybrook, it's really a pain.

which, incidentally, is tomorrow! yay

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Awesome, good to know. Is there any specific documents or references, etc. that you need to bring to the interview session? Or is that all filled out in the initial application portion?

Also, since we are on the topic, I too have gotten myself one of those 10 year passports, and was able to sucessfully expense it for work reasons, lol.

it tells you once you're approved - all you gotta bring is passport and the approval letter

Random question for all the Toronto/commuter Gaffers:

I'm going to the Leafs vs. Wild game tonight at the ACC. What's the best option for parking? (I'm driving in from Guelph)

Is it just easier to drive to the Go Train or subway station outside of town and park? I really hate downtown driving so I'd REALLY prefer to not park near the ACC :/.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I'm going to the Leafs vs. Wild game tonight at the ACC. What's the best option for parking? (I'm driving in from Guelph)

Is it just easier to drive to the Go Train or subway station outside of town and park? I really hate downtown driving so I'd REALLY prefer to not park near the ACC :/.

For Survivor Series my friend insisted on parking at the lot right beside the ACC. We just got there early. Pricey as fuck, though it was convenient.

You could also park at the Weston Go station and take the UP Express in. I'm in Guelph and I've taken that way before, it was pretty quick and easy.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

If you really hate driving downtown then I don't see any other option than parking outside of the core then jumping on public transit in. If you didn't mind driving downtown I'd tell you to park where I currently park at night for work (1 Toronto Street) for $5 after 5pm then walk 20 minutes to the ACC. I see a lot of people who work in the area leaving their cars at work and walking down for games.

I know someone people may say it's pricey, but the TD Bank South Tower(or the opposite side of the street as well) on Wellington is a safe, convenient and awesome place to park, within walking distance(8-10 minutes at a casual pace, but it's an underground access that comes next to the ACC through Union Station).

Generally from 5:30pm to 6:00 am it's $ 10, for the duration of that time, but whenever I go on nights for Raptors games, it's $ 20 because they know an event is occuring. But such an amazing spot. There is no way I am parking my new vehicle outside.

http://www.tdcentre.com/en/About/Pages/Parking.aspx

Fuzzy

I know someone people may say it's pricey, but the TD Bank South Tower(or the opposite side of the street as well) on Wellington is a safe, convenient and awesome place to park, within walking distance(8-10 minutes at a casual pace, but it's an underground access that comes next to the ACC through Union Station).

Generally from 5:30pm to 6:00 am it's $ 10, for the duration of that time, but whenever I go on nights for Raptors games, it's $ 20 because they know an event is occuring. But such an amazing spot. There is no way I am parking my new vehicle outside.

http://www.tdcentre.com/en/About/Pages/Parking.aspx
1 Toronto is 5 minutes east of there and it's always $5, even on game night. The only problem is that it's not connected underground to PATH but it's not like it's that cold. Hell, I'm working in the TD tower tonight and I'm parked at 1 Toronto.

1 Toronto is 5 minutes east of there and it's always $5, even on game night. The only problem is that it's not connected underground to PATH but it's not like it's that cold. Hell, I'm working in the TD tower tonight and I'm parked at 1 Toronto.

lol, it's insane how this seems like a Six Degrees type conversation now that we began it.

How is that place in terms of overall security/type of people who park there(by which I mean, any issues that you are aware of with accidents or anything)? I assume since you have been parking there while conducting business in the TD Tower, no issues?

Fuzzy

lol, it's insane how this seems like a Six Degrees type conversation now that we began it.

How is that place in terms of overall security/type of people who park there(by which I mean, any issues that you are aware of with accidents or anything)? I assume since you have been parking there while conducting business in the TD Tower, no issues?
Most of the guys on my crew park there because it's the cheapest even though our meeting place is at 1 Adelaide. I just cut through the alley and walk in through the courtyard. I then walk through the PATH to get to TD. Guys on my crew have been parking there for years without issue.

It looks like this year's release of Rodenbach vintage bottles should be in LCBO stores by next week. A little late this year, but better late than never.

We also have a few bottles of Sam Adams Utopias kicking around. You know, just in case anybody has $112 burning a hole in their pocket.

dluu13

It looks like this year's release of Rodenbach vintage bottles should be in LCBO stores by next week. A little late this year, but better late than never.

We also have a few bottles of Sam Adams Utopias kicking around. You know, just in case anybody has $112 burning a hole in their pocket.

Ah, I probably won't be able to grab one in time. Can you hold on to one for me until after the new year? :D

edit: by "one" I mean one of the Rodenbachs. I don't think I'm up for paying $112, although that bottle looks cool.

Blackhead

Redarse
Got to try out the '4DX experience' at Yonge/Dundas watching Fantastic Beasts. At $25 per ticket it was not really worth it past the novelty factoe. Now if I had the option to watch The Handmaiden...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

*Raises hand* for Rodenbach

Not sure I want a super strong American beer.

Edit: If y'all are not on the sour beer hype train, you should be on it.

soultron

Banned
lol Bob McCown is saying the moon landing was a hoax. I honestly can't tell if he's joking or not.

All I can say is
McCown_400x400.jpg

Quick

Banned
Decided to try out the Burrito Boyz app for quicker burrito ordering for my burrito needs.

What a shitty app, I should've paid attention to the low rating on the iOS App Store. UI is a mess, both in design and function.

I placed an order and the popup tells me I need to reload my balance first, even though the prior popup indicated that I can just pay in store.

And in the end, after fussing with it, my order didn't even go through lol.

I went to my nearest location and I got a call from them, and I had to tell them that I already ordered through the cashier. I was right in front of the person making the call. Not their fault, seems like their order system is just really stupid.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I gotta stop splitting time up amongst games.

Witcher 3 - it took me a long ass time to get into it, and I still hate the controls and menu UI, but everything else about it is spectacular.

FFXV - it's better than 13, which is why I'm surprised it's not doing as well in Japan, but the side quests are awfully boring, the main story so far isn't exactly enthralling, and there are so many things to get in the way of fun.

The Last Guardian - looks gorgeous and Trico does act eerily like an actual animal. Unfortunately, the controls are garbage and the camera is also garbage. I got motion sickness after playing for 90 minutes.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I love FFXV so far.

Reminds me so much of FF12 which I loved a ton. I don't really care for the story I'm more focused on eating all the food, doing hunts, taking selfies and hoarding experience.

I got Watch Dogs 2 and I hate it. I thought I'd like the self-aware silicon valley social commentary story but it's too corny and childish. Graphics are good but the gameplay makes no sense; I don't know why I'm a hipster hacker who's able to suddenly pull out a shotgun and mow down hundreds of guards and gang members. Every mission also feels like I'm doing the same thing over and over.

I think I'm done with Ubisoft games.

I am loving FFXV as well. My favourite single player FF in quite some time. Maybe since FFIX.

I need to give FFXII another shot though. My save was corrupted midway through.

explodet

I'm only 2 hours in, but FFXV keeps poking at my FFXII memory centers too, as well as Xenoblade Chronicles X in terms of the open world.
As for FFXII itself, I'll just play Zodiac Age when that comes out.

I think I'm done with Ubisoft games.
I stopped buying Ubisoft games for full price, they almost always go down to $20-25 eventually and I pick them up if I'm interested enough.

Renewed

I need to wrap it right now actually lol

I'm not on the FFXV train, never played a FF before and I lost interest in FFXV a while back.

JordanN

Banned
Hey TorontoGaf, I'm wondering if I can get some apartment advice.

Is it a good idea to rent those sub $800 1 bedroom/bachelor apartments or should I spend some extra money and go higher?

I was browsing some bedbug sites and was surprised to see how many infested apartments there are and wondered if the price of them is a factor.
Appreciate any answers!

dluu13

Hey TorontoGaf, I'm wondering if I can get some apartment advice.

Is it a good idea to rent those sub $800 1 bedroom/bachelor apartments or should I spend some extra money and go higher?

I was browsing some bedbug sites and was surprised to see how many infested apartments there are and wondered if the price of them is a factor.
Appreciate any answers!

I am living in a 1+1 br with a roommate and it comes out to just about 800 dollars each for a month.
It really depends on the management company, the pest control they do and also a bit of luck. My building has ants and it doesn't matter how clean I keep my own unit because they crawl through mine.

There have also been reports of cockroaches in peoples' apartments but I have only seen them in the basement where the laundry room is. I have a feeling that higher floors might have fewer of these problems.

Top Bottom