• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

soultron

Banned
Saw Muskoka's Winter Beard (double chocolate cranberry stout) at LCBO last night and picked up 2 bottles. Really good! You get a lot of volume for $14. Would make good gifts for any beer (stout, especially) drinkers you might know.

Now if only the Rodenbach (sp?) stuff would show up!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
TTC is the purest form of garbage I've ever seen. ONE HOUR AND TWENTY FIVE MINUTES it took me to go from Sheppard to Wellesley. Notice I say Wellesley because I had to get off at Wellesley to walk to Queen because even after an hour and a half, TTC still wasn't able to take me to my destination due to yet another service disruption.

On a related note, I gave up my Presto card for tokens because of how embarrassingly bad this rollout is. I bet there will still be TTC entrances that only take tokens until 2018. We're probably the only western civilization using tokens for public transit. Even the arcades at Dave and Busters have more advanced technology.
"#teamwinter"
I actually wanted to get a Presto but everything I've read just makes me glad to stay with tokens. Really not sure why this is so difficult to do when many other cities already have something similar (but vastly superior) already implemented.
Get buried team warm
Don't you get screwed via the TTC from this shitty weather too?
I have to get to Scarborough tomorrow morning. Are you telling me I should take plan to get there an hour early?
Yes.
I'm going to take the TTC to work for the first time in my life. I looked at the trip planner and it's saying it'll take me ~1h20 to get there by 6:40am. I already hate working DT during the day. I'm really going to miss my $5 night parking. :(
😈
Finally. I cut it too close to the wire for my comfort, but I got (and took) a job offer this morning. Still have two interviews for other positions in the development field I'm going to take, but... feeeeeew *wipes sweat from brow* That's a good feeling now that I'm nearly broke as shit.

Next meet up, a round of shots on me.
Congrats!
I'm at Queen and spadina

Where do I go for good tasty ramen

I'm starving

Feed me
You have Kinton Ramen or Tohenboku Ramen, but Kinton is better.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It's pretty smooth on my end. Way better in the past few weeks or so. I'm open for another blizzard in a few days or so.
You go suck on a yellow icicle... >:[

Going downtown wasn't altogether different for me than last week but going back home did take a bit longer.

mr.rager

Finally. I cut it too close to the wire for my comfort, but I got (and took) a job offer this morning. Still have two interviews for other positions in the development field I'm going to take, but... feeeeeew *wipes sweat from brow* That's a good feeling now that I'm nearly broke as shit.

Next meet up, a round of shots on me.

Grats buddy!

All this snow talk is making me miss Toronto. We got snow back here in Tokyo about a month ago. Lasted one day lol. It was the first time it snowed in November in 54 years!! I will also never get used to seeing people using an umbrella when it's snowing.

yyzjohn

Banned
You go suck on a yellow icicle... >:[

Going downtown wasn't altogether different for me than last week but going back home did take a bit longer.

Do all these people who love the snow and cold actually drive at all? If you have to drive anywhere on a regular basis I can't see how you could possibly enjoy this shit.

mr.rager

Do all these people who love the snow and cold actually drive at all? If you have to drive anywhere on a regular basis I can't see how you could possibly enjoy this shit.

I do! You just have to be smart about it. Leave early and drive slowly. Simple as that.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

No driving, no shoveling. And I really enjoy walking my dog in the snow for an hour+ every day.

Toronto-Age |OT5| Even Dave and Busters has more advanced technology than our transit

lol, love it.

"#teamwinter"
I actually wanted to get a Presto but everything I've read just makes me glad to stay with tokens. Really not sure why this is so difficult to do when many other cities already have something similar (but vastly superior) already implemented.

Not worth the hassle. How's the new job? No more Scarborough for you? lol

yyzjohn

Banned
I do! You just have to be smart about it. Leave early and drive slowly. Simple as that.

Oh yeah, "simple as that", like everyone has that option. If you have kids to drop off you may not be able to just drop them early, then there's the case of people actually enjoying their sleep and not wanting to leave early. Clear roads with no snow enable you to do that.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
No driving, no shoveling. And I really enjoy walking my dog in the snow for an hour+ every day.
Poor Chewie... :(
Not worth the hassle. How's the new job? No more Scarborough for you? lol
Still early times but it's been positive so far.
Oh yeah, "simple as that", like everyone has that option. If you have kids to drop off you may not be able to just drop them early, then there's the case of people actually enjoying their sleep and not wanting to leave early. Clear roads with no snow enable you to do that.
I remember back when I was a kid I wanted a lot of snow cause it could've meant a snow day. I was in Crapmondump though and I don't ever recall getting one...just had to suffer through it.

dluu13

I'm a non-driver. I typically walk everywhere.
Back in Vancouver though, even a little snow would shut down the city due to poor preparation and the fact that the whole place is made of hills.

i still like snow though cause more snow meant better skiing

yyzjohn

Banned
Haven't driven a car since I moved here lol. Honestly don't think I'll ever own a car here.

It's fine and dandy if you live right in the city, can take the subway to work/school with no issue. If you live anywhere outside the TTC line though, you're pretty much dependent on a car to get around. I used to have a condo at Wellesley & Yonge and was able to walk to work, now, not so much.

gabbo

I don't drive on a regular basis now that I live in the city, but a)I still love driving in it, and b) still love the snow.

Nevermind Toronto, I'm from Northwestern Ontario. Driving in a snowstorm was just another Tuesday for me. I was born in the snow, molded by it. What other bad movies can I reference here.

Getting to work is 1.5 - 2 hours by TTC and 30 minutes by car. Yeah, fuck that. Not to mention you have to interact with the unwashed masses and teens on the bus.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Nevermind Toronto, I'm from Northwestern Ontario. Driving in a snowstorm was just another Tuesday for me. I was born in the snow, molded by it. What other bad movies can I reference here.
Pfft. Nothing here matches the hell that was and is Alberta and specifically Crapmondump.

Snow...in fucking June...!

One day it comes and then the next it's gone.

You were born in the snow and molded by it. I was born and molded by its goddamn mother.

Alright, so my Nexus 4 finally bit the bullet. Posting here instead of the Android thread because I need a replacement ASAP. Any help? Like a used or refurbished Nexus 5 from some shady repair place?

Getting to work is 1.5 - 2 hours by TTC and 30 minutes by car. Yeah, fuck that. Not to mention you have to interact with the unwashed masses and teens on the bus.
People smell like urine on the TTC. Old ladies clipping their toenails on the bus, people putting their bags in my lap or on my head, makes me so mad. I'm driving and I ain't never going back.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, so my Nexus 4 finally bit the bullet. Posting here instead of the Android thread because I need a replacement ASAP. Any help? Like a used or refurbished Nexus 5 from some shady repair place?
Pixel?
People smell like urine on the TTC. Old ladies clipping their toenails on the bus, people putting their bags in my lap or on my head, makes me so mad. I'm driving and I ain't never going back.
Bags on your lap...? Were they Koreans?
I take it you're not team cold/winter/whatever, and we cant talk salesforce anymore? :D
Bahahaha. Wasn't me. I told you who to reach out to for that.

Lexxism

Seeing you are looking at a refurb Nexus 5 to replace your phone. Try checking any Motorola phones?

mr.rager

That's easy for you to say now that you don't have to deal with it.

You'd better have some big ass yakitori for me there!

You know me man, #teamwinter for life! Bruh, forget yakitori, there's this awesome yakiniku place just outside of Tokyo that is fucking boss. We need to hit that up when you come here.

On really bad days, 90% of the time, most schools/work/appointments understand that you might have some problems with your commute so you really don't have to worry too much as long as you give them a heads up. And as for enjoying sleep, I enjoy my sleep as much as anyone else but if I know the weather is going to be bad, i'm either gonna sleep early or wake up earlier. A day or 2 doing that is a very small sacrifice to make.

The king has returned. Rodenbach arrived at our store last night and will be on the shelves today. Not every store has daily shipments like we do so it might not show up until the weekend for other places. There should be lots of this to go around, though.

It's the 2014 vintage release. I still have a 2013 bottle from last year's release, will be interesting to see how they compare.

Ha, no, I'd never drop over $1000 for a phone.

Seeing you are looking at a refurb Nexus 5 to replace your phone. Try checking any Motorola phones?

Staples has the G4 Play for $250 and a refurb 2nd-gen for $140. Outside of battery life, the N5 is a better phone at that price.

This is just temporary, though. I finally landed a job starting in the new year so I was planning on getting a proper N4 replacement in a few months. With my N4 suddenly dying last night, though, I just need a cheap, capable replacement right now.

Entropia

No One Remembers
oXU1AoA.jpg

Why you will never see me move to Toronto.

krae_man

Ha, no, I'd never drop over $1000 for a phone.

Staples has the G4 Play for $250 and a refurb 2nd-gen for $140. Outside of battery life, the N5 is a better phone at that price.

This is just temporary, though. I finally landed a job starting in the new year so I was planning on getting a proper N4 replacement in a few months. With my N4 suddenly dying last night, though, I just need a cheap, capable replacement right now.

You have Wind right?

Why not the K4 or something.

That or just get a G4 Plus now and don't worry about the better phone later.

So I finally got a Presto card last week and it's whole 24 delay when loading transactions thing confuses me. I loaded $10 last Sunday but it's still pending as of now. Do I have to use the card at least once before my online account displays the newly added funds?

jokkir

I have an extra Moto X Play that I stopped using after getting the S7. It's not really in the best condition (few dings here and there) and I need to unroot/put it back to the stock firmware it but still works really well. Nothing really broken with it since I only used it for a few months.

Maybe I can get rid of it? Comes with the flip cover case well.

Lexxism

So I finally got a Presto card last week and it's whole 24 delay when loading transactions thing confuses me. I loaded $10 last Sunday but it's still pending as of now. Do I have to use the card at least once before my online account displays the newly added funds?
They really need to remove this 24 hours shit. I remember visiting Singapore and the money I load on the card was instant. I don't know why it would take 24 hours.

thabiz

Wow did lcbo ever fuck up their app. Why can't I check store stock without going through every beer they carry? It was so simple before. Damn you lcbo!!!!!

Top Bottom