• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Renewed

Walking back and my morning path is completely covered in snow with only a few tracks that trail off the path. Lovely.

I keep trying to imagine ramen taste but all I see is noodles.

Like how often is it 40 degree weather? I'm talking a nice 25-30 and it's ideal. People who like this kind of cold weather are insane.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure the team summer vs team winter debate has always been about the choice between extreme cold and extreme heat. Obviously, anyone would pick a mild temperature like 10-15 degrees.

yyzjohn

Banned
Maybe I'm wrong here, but I'm pretty sure the team summer vs team winter debate has always been about the choice between extreme cold and extreme heat. Obviously, anyone would pick a mild temperature like 10-15 degrees.

Yes, I would welcome an entire winter of between 10-15 degrees. However there are people in here who seem to love the snow and cold.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I can always put on more layers. I can only take off many clothes.

yyzjohn

Banned
I can always put on more layers. I can only take off many clothes.

Can you just sit around outside and hang with friends in -20 weather with the wind and snow howling in your face? At least in the summer you can enjoy the nights, sit on a patio have a beer and talk with people. You know, enjoy the outdoors. Who the hell wants to bundle up and sit around outside in this weather?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Recommendation for a nicer Greek restaurant on the Danforth?
Pantheon
Is 10-15 plus weather? It's teamwarm. BTW, what do you usually order around this area for lunch?

Can you just sit around outside and hang with friends in -20 weather with the wind and snow howling in your face? At least in the summer you can enjoy the nights, sit on a patio have a beer and talk with people. You know, enjoy the outdoors. Who the hell wants to bundle up and sit around outside in this weather?
Patio weather. Grilling meat. Throwing back a cold one. Go out and do shit without sliding on the ice and fucking up your back.
can't we just all agree that it should be between 5-10 degrees every day and never precipitate
That's still teamwarm.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Team Summer vs. Team Winter has always been about like 2-4 crazy people who don't want to agree on a middle.

The Team Winter crazies want snow storms, -30 degree weather and claim to love the heck out of it.

The Team Summer crazies want 40 degree weather with humidity with a powerful sun blaring down and claim to love the heck out of it.

90% of the people in here are #teamreasonable but we're a silent majority.

yyzjohn

Banned
Team Summer vs. Team Winter has always been about like 2-4 crazy people who don't want to agree on a middle.

The Team Winter crazies want snow storms, -30 degree weather and claim to love the heck out of it.

The Team Summer crazies want 40 degree weather with humidity with a powerful sun blaring down and claim to love the heck out of it.

90% of the people in here are #teamreasonable but we're a silent majority.

You reasonable? Beotch please.

King/Spadina

How the hell is 0-20 "neutral". D: that's "warm".

Damn your West Coast logic.

I don't venture out that far man lol. Come down to Yonge and Adelaide next week for an after-work drink.

I only say 0-20 is neutral for the purposes of the team winter/summer debate. Like kave said, it should be a debate between -30 vs. +40 lol.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't venture out that far man lol. Come down to Yonge and Adelaide next week for an after-work drink.

I only say 0-20 is neutral for the purposes of the team winter/summer debate. Like kave said, it should be a debate between -30 vs. +40 lol.
I'll head there as soon as it warms up, you sumbitch! >=/

Your first problem was listening to kave. He's a model now: all looks and no brains.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

I can bundle up and go tobogganing or skating or skiing. That's enjoining the outdoors. Mind you I haven't done any of these in years. I don't necessarily like the extreme of cold or hot though. Somewhere in between is good.

Eleuin

Shitty drivers have less leeway in snow, hope they have a heart attack sliding a bit on a red and learn their lesson. Get off your phone, pay attention and be mindful of pedestrians

We don't get 30 degree weather anymore without humidity, so nah this is preferable

You don't have to wear giant parkas everywhere, layer and you can wear something lighter. Or I dunno take off your jacket at the restaurant? Dry your boots at the many mats at the door?

Can't wait to go skating with my buds

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Shitty drivers have less leeway in snow, hope they have a heart attack sliding a bit on a red and learn their lesson. Get off your phone, pay attention and be mindful of pedestrians

We don't get 30 degree weather anymore without humidity, so nah this is preferable

You don't have to wear giant parkas everywhere, layer and you can wear something lighter. Or I dunno take off your jacket at the restaurant? Dry your boots at the many mats at the door?

Can't wait to go skating with my buds
Shitty drivers are shitty in any weather. Though the cold makes the average driver more susceptible to errors especially if they don't have winter tires on.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I like how winter always converts teamcold people to teamwarm.
Nah, I left King station and walked along the street at 6:30am to Adelaide west of Bay every morning this week. I only take the PATH on my way back in the afternoon because of the scenery. I like my <10 minute walk back to my house at the end of the day also.

I like how winter always converts teamcold people to teamwarm.

Never. Horrible, unbearable, disgusting summers like the one we just had are why I never complain about the cold.

#TeamCold
HWVixCT.gif

zroid

Banned
I'm pretty sure we've had more snow in the past week than all of last winter combined

my back &#128591;&#127997;

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit...any of you teamcold yetis that like this shit weather even have to shovel? Goddamn...that was NOT 15cm...

No, I have a snowblower. &#55357;&#56846;

This. I also normally take care of three driveways, not just my own. Sometimes I even do five because I'm just that nice! I guess Kuro is just trying to make up for all the complaints my neighbours aren't making about shovelling.

Quick

Banned
Snowblower saved me some time this morning, but it wasn't packed in or wet snow, so it was easier to deal with than Thursday's dusting and the aftermath on Friday.

This. I also normally take care of three driveways, not just my own. Sometimes I even do five because I'm just that nice! I guess Kuro is just trying to make up for all the complaints my neighbours aren't making about shovelling.

This is madness. FIVE driveways? Like, your neighbours?

zroid

Banned
the shoveling is getting harder and harder with every passing snowfall because the piles of snow keep getting taller. the one on the east side is close to 5 feet high now, it's ridiculous.

I either have to heave it all the way up there or push it down the sidewalk where the snow isn't piled as high and throw it over there. either way it's a pain in the butt
and back

Top Bottom