• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

They really need to remove this 24 hours shit. I remember visiting Singapore and the money I load on the card was instant. I don't know why it would take 24 hours.
Instant in London as well. This shit is dumb. The entire Presto system is broken right now. Even the TTC advises you to carry fare just in case.

I tapped at high park last week and the door didn't even open. I went to tap somewhere else and it gave me a denied warning. The TTC guy told me everything was working fine. Luckily he let me go through anyway.

explodet

The wind is strong enough to rattle the windows every 3 minutes, somebody set off their smoke alarm burning toast and it's 3:30am and I'm trying to SLEEP

Hope you're all doing well, keep warm

I'm going to go lie in bed and try not to let the existential dread set in

dluu13

The wind is strong enough to rattle the windows every 3 minutes, somebody set off their smoke alarm burning toast and it's 3:30am and I'm trying to SLEEP

Hope you're all doing well, keep warm

I'm going to go lie in bed and try not to let the existential dread set in
My building used to shake during high winds

soultron

Banned
All about the layers, brehs. Snug as a bug wrapped in several rugs right now and it's the best.

Also: the uniqlo heattech undershirts and longjohns are super nice, especially the thin ones. Wore them this week and felt great. Not sweaty or restricted. Will probably pick up the thicker ones soon, if it gets cold enough.

zroid

Banned
and there's the goddamn blizzard

pray for my back

CzvH0R0VEAA_Nru.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
All about the layers, brehs. Snug as a bug wrapped in several rugs right now and it's the best.

Also: the uniqlo heattech undershirts and longjohns are super nice, especially the thin ones. Wore them this week and felt great. Not sweaty or restricted. Will probably pick up the thicker ones soon, if it gets cold enough.
May need to pick more of these up.

This was the worst day to choose to drive to work lmao. Same thing happened on Sunday too.

I am currently taking the bus home because fuck this shit.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Saw some moron without snow tires spun out on Finch W near Bayview blocking a lane.

Bus is so rammed right now that I'm standing next to the driver.

Quick

Banned
Wearing Uniqlo heat tech long johns. It's keeping me fairly warm. I fucked up and forgot to wear a scarf and/or toque. But I'm mostly indoors anyway.

Work closed early, currently enjoying a bowl of Pho.

Team Winter, you're just the worst.

explodet

Oh man pho sounds so good right about now. No way in hell I'll be able to get to a bowl without sled dogs, and I'll be damned if I'm sharing with them.

I'm still on the bus. I'm cold, tired, and hungry and it looks like I'm still going to be here for the next hour and so. My phone is at 15% as well. FML.

wamberz1

Got to ride beside the tram cleaning the tracks all along queen street east while it held up the entire road. T'was an interesting experience

I was betrayed by #teamcold today. Walked home this morning from work while it was snowing, loving it, felt great, but then a patch of ice came out of nowhere to take me out. I was walking at a good clip, too, so the momentum was enough to upgrade the experience from "slipping and falling on ice" to "Saturday morning cartoon pratfall" and that's no joke. I was completely airborne, body horizontal from top to bottom, legs straight up in the air. I can still remember the sensation of being in the air, my entire vision shaking or trembling, as if I had been momentarily dislodged from gravity itself, and while the moment was brief, it still afforded me enough time to shout "WELL FUCK ME" before hitting the ground.

I didn't realize until I was almost home that I had torn my jacket, and the bottom button was gone. It must have shot off while I was midair. As if this couldn't get any better. I felt bad afterwards that nobody was around to see it, because it had to be the funniest shit anybody was going to see all week.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I was betrayed by #teamcold today. Walked home this morning from work while it was snowing, loving it, felt great, but then a patch of ice came out of nowhere to take me out. I was walking at a good clip, too, so the momentum was enough to upgrade the experience from "slipping and falling on ice" to "Saturday morning cartoon pratfall" and that's no joke. I was completely airborne, body horizontal from top to bottom, legs straight up in the air. I can still remember the sensation of being in the air, my entire vision shaking or trembling, as if I had been momentarily dislodged from gravity itself, and while the moment was brief, it still afforded me enough time to shout "WELL FUCK ME" before hitting the ground.

I didn't realize until I was almost home that I had torn my jacket, and the bottom button was gone. It must have shot off while I was midair. As if this couldn't get any better. I felt bad afterwards that nobody was around to see it, because it had to be the funniest shit anybody was going to see all week.
I saw a guy do almost the same thing (just not as bad) when he got off the bus in front of me. It looked like it really hurt. He said he was fine but I didn't believe him.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Good thing you work in a liquor store...?🤔

Took over 2 hours to get from Thornhill to Woodbridge for Star Wars, made it with 5 minutes to spare (well, there were tons of commercials so I guess I had more time if I needed it), usual trip in rush hour would maybe be 30 minutes tops =/

Feels like they did not prepare at all for the snow today, how does that happen

I think even teamcold guys realize this is stupid but they've boxed themselves into a corner supporting cold weather and now can't turn back on their position.

Nope. I take this over the heat wave we had any day.

I actually went out for dinner last night. Winter jacket and some long johns underneath my jeans and it felt completely fine. Wish I went out earlier so I could have had a hot latte while walking to the restaurant.

Mupod

I hate heat but I like swimming.

I like cold but I hate driving in snow. Also people here mentally shut down or something with a few cm of snow holy shit. Took forever to get home last night.

I'm ok with shoveling. Saves me a trip to the gym.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

I like cold but I hate driving in snow. Also people here mentally shut down or something with a few cm of snow holy shit. Took forever to get home last night.

Not sure if teamlikeall or teamhateall

yyzjohn

Banned

It's not mentally shutting down, you can't drive as fast in snow. It's easy to slip and slide even with snow tires on.

yyzjohn

Banned
Nope. I take this over the heat wave we had any day.

I actually went out for dinner last night. Winter jacket and some long johns underneath my jeans and it felt completely fine. Wish I went out earlier so I could have had a hot latte while walking to the restaurant.

Oh yeah, great. Going to a restaurant with a huge winter jacket and boots wet with snow, water all over the floor in the place from melting snow, huge jackets hung up everywhere, a blast of cold air if you're sitting near the door whenever someone opens the restaurant door. Who wouldn't love this weather??

Oh yeah, great. Going to a restaurant with a huge winter jacket and boots wet with snow, water all over the floor in the place from melting snow, huge jackets hung up everywhere, a blast of cold air if you're sitting near the door whenever someone opens the restaurant door. Who wouldn't love this weather??

I don't have a problem with that. I have more of a problem sweating profusely in humid, 40 degree weather. I can't even enjoy ramen in that kind of weather and if I can't eat ramen then it's not a life worth living.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have a problem with that. I have more of a problem sweating profusely in humid, 40 degree weather. I can't even enjoy ramen in that kind of weather and if I can't eat ramen then it's not a life worth living.
???
Lot of Asian people eat hotter and spicier foods in the summer

Plus Ramen is an all seasonal dish, I WON'T HAVE YOU TELL ME OTHERWISE...!!!

yyzjohn

Banned

Like how often is it 40 degree weather? I'm talking a nice 25-30 and it's ideal. People who like this kind of cold weather are insane.

Top Bottom