• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
This is madness. FIVE driveways? Like, your neighbours?

Yeah. Fair enough, it's usually just us and the two immediately across the road. The five was mostly exaggerating for effect. I do occasionally I'll chip in and help out with the two bordering those on the other side though. Most of the time the one neighbour will already be out and have finished hers by the time I get through my three though.

If we get enough snow to bother pulling out the snowblower I'll go up and down the street. Half the residents are retirees and a number of them just aren't physically able to clear out some of the heavier snowfalls.

the shoveling is getting harder and harder with every passing snowfall because the piles of snow keep getting taller. the one on the east side is close to 5 feet high now, it's ridiculous.

I either have to heave it all the way up there or push it down the sidewalk where the snow isn't piled as high and throw it over there. either way it's a pain in the butt
and back

Sounds like our place. Our driveway is cut into the hillside so even before any snow piles up the lawn is already 3-5 feet up depending on which side of the driveway you are tossing the snow onto. Is it just all snow at your place? We haven't had enough to really build up the snowbanks that high yet here.

Kraftwerk

Lol shovel snow?

Haven't done that at all

Can barely walk out the house or even open the yard door

Snow everywhere

Hopefully the entire house is buried in snow while I hibernate

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I slipped (didn't fall) on some ice at Kennedy/Finch catching the bus this morning and tweaked my back. I hoped it would be ok by the time I got to work but it started killing me on the subway so I turned around at Eglinton Station and came home. I blame Kuro.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I slipped (didn't fall) on some ice at Kennedy/Finch catching the bus this morning and tweaked my back. I hoped it would be ok by the time I got to work but it started killing me on the subway so I turned around at Eglinton Station and came home. I blame Kuro.
Would you have slipped had it been warm? Exactly. Blame Kraftwerk.

Edit: holy fuck! I didn't go out yesterday, but this morning is slippery as fuck. Stay safe! Especially you, Cripplegate! I need those sours...!

Technically no but your work is supposed to give you a paid day off in lieu of New Year's Day within 3 months since it falls on a weekend.

I'm off, we get it in lieu of the first since it falls on Sunday.

Depends on where you work. You are entitled to the day or money, I think. I'm off that day.

Thanks. Going to remind my work of this. See if I can get it off for everyone.

Also, I had an altercation with someone on the subway the other day. I was leaning on one of those seats that they have on either end of the new subway and this guy comes on and tries to push me off the thing because, I guess, he wanted it all to himself. Then he spits at me. The holidays.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks. Going to remind my work of this. See if I can get it off for everyone.

Also, I had an altercation with someone on the subway the other day. I was leaning on one of those seats that they have on either end of the new subway and this guy comes on and tries to push me off the thing because, I guess, he wanted it all to himself. Then he spits at me. The holidays.
Every company I've worked at usually gives you a pretty early heads up for the holidays. I've never worked for one that gives you money in lieu of or gives you that day within 3 months. Seems like something they'd want to get out of the way AND it's time meant to spend with families...even if you fight with them all the time

Quadratic

I fell once on some black ice before so I'm pretty cautious when it ices up like today. I feel a bit safer walking on top of a bit of snow just to get some grip. It's not always the best option because there could be ice underneath. Just take things slower when the weather is like this.

lol, I was speaking to some mates in London to make some meet-up arrangements prior to my vacation over there next week, and I keep hearing how bitterly cold they are having it this year.... between 9 and 12 C.

FOH

dluu13

lol, I was speaking to some mates in London to make some meet-up arrangements prior to my vacation over there next week, and I keep hearing how bitterly cold they are having it this year.... between 9 and 12 C.

FOH

There was a day when it was 12 degrees this time last year in Toronto. I remember walking my friend out to the TTC station one night in just a t shirt and jeans which is totally normal except that it was December.

There was a day when it was 12 degrees this time last year in Toronto. I remember walking my friend out to the TTC station one night in just a t shirt and jeans which is totally normal except that it was December.

I gained a healthy respect for the cold after visiting Edmonton in the heart of winter back in 2013 during a business trip. On my way back to Toronto, I wore just a t-shirt and jeans, with normal running shoes. My ride who came to pick me up at Pearson thought I was insane.

But the truth was, I had been to the place where hell had actually frozen over, and everything else, even -20 Toronto weather, seemed tropical.

I look forward to walking around again in London wearing fall/spring time attire, while the locals have like 998923982983982 layers on in the midst of 7 to 12 C weather.

dluu13

Anyone get an email from Teksavvy saying the DSL50 unlimited service is being discounted $10 a month. If so, WOOOooo!

I got a similar email for my service.

I gained a healthy respect for the cold after visiting Edmonton in the heart of winter back in 2013 during a business trip. On my way back to Toronto, I wore just a t-shirt and jeans, with normal running shoes. My ride who came to pick me up at Pearson thought I was insane.

But the truth was, I had been to the place where hell had actually frozen over, and everything else, even -20 Toronto weather, seemed tropical.

I look forward to walking around again in London wearing fall/spring time attire, while the locals have like 998923982983982 layers on in the midst of 7 to 12 C weather.

It might be the humidity. Humidity always catches me by surprise when I visit Vancouver.

Real talk,

I still have one of those old grandfathered unlimited upload/download plans with Bell. I know I can get much faster speeds elsewhere, but it warms my heart to know that it likely pisses Bell off to constantly call me 10-15x a month asking if I would like to upgrade for a higher service, at a discount rate, but the only catch is that they would really like me to give up my unlimited plan.

I also like having to call them back asking why they charged me for excessive GB in download usage, only to have them apologize after realizing(they damn well know, but try to be sly) that my plan has no caps.

It might be the humidity. Humidity always catches me by surprise when I visit Vancouver.

That is possibly the case.

Also, I once had to listen to a dude from Vancouver complain about how he couldn't wear shorts anymore because the weather drastically fell down to -1.

To this day, I still feel he was not joking about that.

dluu13

That is possibly the case.

Also, I once had to listen to a dude from Vancouver complain about how he couldn't wear shorts anymore because the weather drastically fell down to -1.

To this day, I still feel he was not joking about that.

He's probably not joking but last year I came it was foggy every day and below zero. That was some kind of messed up.

Quick

Banned
Real talk,

I still have one of those old grandfathered unlimited upload/download plans with Bell. I know I can get much faster speeds elsewhere, but it warms my heart to know that it likely pisses Bell off to constantly call me 10-15x a month asking if I would like to upgrade for a higher service, at a discount rate, but the only catch is that they would really like me to give up my unlimited plan.

I also like having to call them back asking why they charged me for excessive GB in download usage, only to have them apologize after realizing(they damn well know, but try to be sly) that my plan has no caps.

I'm on Rogers' 6GB data plan from a brief promo they ran 3 years ago. I've gotten nonstop emails about doing a bundle with internet and TV or about the Share Everything plans.

They increased my bill by $5 more, and when I inquired about it recently, the Rogers employee on the phone had the gall to lecture me about keeping my current plan. Turns out, Rogers notified me of the bill increase a few months ago by sneaking it into a previous bill with little notice, and paying the bill means I agreed to it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on Rogers' 6GB data plan from a brief promo they ran 3 years ago. I've gotten nonstop emails about doing a bundle with internet and TV or about the Share Everything plans.

They increased my bill by $5 more, and when I inquired about it recently, the Rogers employee on the phone had the gall to lecture me about keeping my current plan. Turns out, Rogers notified me of the bill increase a few months ago by sneaking it into a previous bill with little notice, and paying the bill means I agreed to it.
So, if someone slipped up a Jets jersey on you while you slept, it means you agreed to it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Real talk,

I had one for almost a decade before switching to their VDSL or whatever Fibe is called. It got to the point where staying on an old DSL line with 3meg download was as expensive as their monthly Fibe plan with unlimited added on top of it, because they would find ways to keep increasing the monthly charges.

Anyone get an email from Teksavvy saying the DSL50 unlimited service is being discounted $10 a month. If so, WOOOooo!

I got a whole $10 discount from Teksavvy too! We paid roughly 80 bucks for unlimited 30 down every month. Our house absolutely need it to be unmetered but was always too lazy to switch to a cheaper ISP. Looks like my laziness paid off.

Rinoa

Few folks I know fell down today/yesterday with the black ice, one was even in hospital. Gotta take time going places and wear proper boots ya'll.

Similar story here. I went to Deadmonton about 10 years ago for a weeklong bitness trip and it was the worst week and weather possible, on a February. The flight back got delayed a few days due to storms while I got increasingly ill due to the dry air.

I wasn't prepared at all for that trip, wearing stiletto boots and (what I thought was) a thick lined wool coat from Rudsak. That was with only going in and out of cabs. When we got back to -20 Toronto, I was so glad to be back in "warm" weather. I never knew the feeling of deathly cold til Deadmonton.

Quick

Banned
So, if someone slipped up a Jets jersey on you while you slept, it means you agreed to it.

lol Kuro pls.

It annoyed the shit out of me, that kind of shitty practice isn't anything new for a lot of companies.

dead2.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Few folks I know fell down today/yesterday with the black ice, one was even in hospital. Gotta take time going places and wear proper boots ya'll.

Similar story here. I went to Deadmonton about 10 years ago for a weeklong bitness trip and it was the worst week and weather possible, on a February. The flight back got delayed a few days due to storms while I got increasingly ill due to the dry air.

I wasn't prepared at all for that trip, wearing stiletto boots and (what I thought was) a thick lined wool coat from Rudsak. That was with only going in and out of cabs. When we got back to -20 Toronto, I was so glad to be back in "warm" weather. I never knew the feeling of deathly cold til Deadmonton.
*shudders*
Alberta winters...I haven't been back in about 2 decades and I doubt I ever will.

explodet

My Teksavvy monthly bill is going to be $6 cheaper. Won't say no to that.

I've got last minute Christmas shopping to do, fuuuuuuu
Guess I can just get my bud a PSN card, he gets all his games digitally.

krae_man

Why do you need more than 10mbps? I've done 4k youtube uploads at that speed, and it's been largely tolerable.

I'm more o intresteded in an upload speed more then 512kbps so I could stream gameplay if I wanted too.

Hot Shots is coming out next year and that's a game I'm competitive online at.

Top Bottom