• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

You know, I see a lot of ads by third party ISPs that offer really competitive deals that I'm wondering if there's a catch. Like unlimited 100 Mbps down for 50 a month. That sounds too good to be true.

What separates Teksavvy from these new ISPs?

I'm more o intresteded in an upload speed more then 512kbps so I could stream gameplay if I wanted too.

Hot Shots is coming out next year and that's a game I'm competitive online at.

Does it have to be cable and not DSL? TS has 25/10 DSL for $49@400GB, 2am-8am exempted or something.

You know, I see a lot of ads by third party ISPs that offer really competitive deals that I'm wondering if there's a catch. Like unlimited 100 Mbps down for 50 a month. That sounds too good to be true.

What separates Teksavvy from these new ISPs?

They offer the reliability that they've already been around the block, and probably won't collapse on themselves any day.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Finally had a sandvich from Porchetta and Co. Got the house special without hot sauce. Man, this is good...but muh blood sugar......hnnnghhhh...!

To add my two delicious and tasty crackling to this ISO debate:

I was with Rogers, then they started traffic shaping (don't believe their fucking lies), and then I switched to Teksavvy. Teksavvy had a major outage and my wife pretty much never gets upset (she'd have to be to be married to me), but she got plenty pissed after just a few days and then it extended into weeks and I believe it reached a month before I switched to Acanac. I had reached out to the Teksavvy VP and explained it and he just said that he was sorry and if I ever came back that they would waive the installation fee. I only had one small outage with Acanac, but it was hell on playing competitive games since it seemed inconsistent, so I switched back and have been with Teksavvy ever since. They're a lot better now at communicating outages and they don't last as long anymore, but I don't have any complaints about them for now. Their support is also based in Canada and while they do go over the nonsense general first steps that pretty much anyone already does, they aren't any language barriers and they are pretty good with resolving issues.

Again, I've "never" had any utilities company reduce my fee. Speeds have been decent though I kind of want to upgrade. The service has been above average. And the big thing is they're not fucking Robelus.

We doing sandwich wars now?

Black camel is better
I'll have to give it a try...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
California also has great sandwiches

the veal is too damn good
I've said it before but I've always liked San Francesco (especially the one on Clinton) better. Too bad the father retired because he used to throw in a container of free green olives when you ordered a few sandwiches.

Rinoa

Finally had a sandvich from Porchetta and Co. Got the house special without hot sauce. Man, this is good...but muh blood sugar......hnnnghhhh...!

I had Porchetta for lunch every now and then a few years back. Would always be nearly passed out mid-day but damn dem flavours.

I actually haven't been back there in awhile...hmmm...
It may be a bit pricey for some, but I really do wish we could get a meet up there or in a similar place someday...maybe once Quad rides that gravy train for all she's worth? :D

I think it's too small for a meetup of our size. I think we'd have better luck attempting a wvrst meetup lol.

Quadratic

I think I've done reached the gravy train limit. (Unless I go back to school and get a masters in Library Science)

I have been to Zakkushi recently though.

Thinking of doing a noodle crawl down Yonge Street soon and writing some brief reviews of each place.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well that was pretty...weird...? I chalk it up to holiday, end of day, and/or end of week brain haze.

Woman tries to board the Queen streetcar and tries to tap with her debit card. Driver says she needs a Presto or token or other form of payment. He asks her if she has any change. She says she only has a 20 dollar bill. Ok...so then he asks her where she's from and she says "Toronto". Then he asks her if she's take the bus before and she says "yes". So, he just explains to her again the payment and she says she thought the tap would accept debit but then she just got off. I believe the new streetcars have the machine inside that does offer that (though 2/3 times I've taken the Spadina line, the machines were broken or it was marked that it didn't accept debit for some reason) so that may have confused her, but still... 😒

Kraftwerk

Waiting To hear back from an interview is so stressfu,l they interviewed a dozen people.

Then had a shortlist of me and two other people.

Then just me and one person, and had us come in for a final interview and and a trial work day for the final step..

They are deciding between us two now. So stressfull.

Aghhhhhh

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Waiting To hear back from an interview is so stressfu,l they interviewed a dozen people.

Then had a shortlist of me and two other people.

Then just me and one person, and had us come in for a final interview and and a trial work day for the final step..

They are deciding between us two now. So stressfull.

Aghhhhhh
A trial workday wtf you a waiter now or something?

Kraftwerk

It was a paid trial work day. They wanted to see how I can grasp the work which is extremely precise and delicate.

It's for a highly sought after apprenticeship that Is renowned across north America. This Is the first time they have opened up a spot in four years

I'll post the name after I find out the result.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It was a paid trial work day. They wanted to see how I can grasp the work which is extremely precise and delicate.

It's for a highly sought after apprenticeship that Is renowned across north America. This Is the first time they have opened up a spot in four years

I'll post the name after I find out the result.
Coors on Kraftwerk.

erEgoLv.jpg

Merry Christmas, TO-GAF.

This is my first day off in over two weeks and now I honestly don't know what to do with myself. I think I'm just going to sleep all day.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
My brothers woke me up today going back and forth on a group text. I threatened to punch them in the face later when I see them.

Merry Christmas.

Quadratic

Merry Christmas.

Last night was an impressive Italian meal. Tonight is going to be a big Turkey dinner.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

gabbo

Merry Christmas from Ottawa TDotGAF! Save me some snow, it's warming up way too quickly here for my liking. I'd like to make it to my parents place before the snow is gone

Top Bottom