• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Zips

Almost to the point of being cheaper for my wife and I to drive together and pay for parking downtown. Get another couple in the car and we're set, even after gas.

i-Jest

Almost to the point of being cheaper for my wife and I to drive together and pay for parking downtown. Get another couple in the car and we're set, even after gas.

We're getting to that point, aren't we. Might just by a street bike to travel downtown if I need to.

What happened? Can you give a summary of the incident?

I posted it here before:

Dealt with my first road rager today. Not sure what I did to set him off but it probably was how slow I was to take a left with a lot of pedestrians still crossing.

He cut in front of me, got out of his car and and was hurling expletives and whatnot. I only asked him what I did to set him off but he rather he call me a bad driver and a coward while smacking my door. Dude was unhinged. I am not for conflict so the whole ordeal left me a little shaken but I'm okay.

keakster

Anyone in here get an invite to the Nintendo Switch event? Never been to a meet up but looking forward to meeting some Gaffers at the hands on!

Quadratic

Dammit, Quad...! Answer the man...!

It'd be nice to try and definitely attract some people to the library. From what I've seen though, there are too many tech demos and experiences (which might be more suited for limited sessions at a library) and not enough full games I'd play. I considered the PSVR and the Vive, but the PSVR is still sorting things out and the Vive takes up a lot more space than I realized. :(

Actually just found out we have this popping up: VR at Scarborough Civic Centre Library No news on any other location. We're just finalizing the 2016 budget at my job currently.

I saw an interesting invoice with current generation video games purchased. If you're curious PM me and I'll share what I know. The quantities don't add up to a lending collection sadly.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I love getting rejection notices from jobs I applied for LAST YEAR. Okay yes it's only a few days into the new year but this was from about 5 months ago.

I already know you don't want me.

tiijj

I love getting rejection notices from jobs I applied for LAST YEAR. Okay yes it's only a few days into the new year but this was from about 5 months ago.

Rejection letter is better than nothing at all, at least you know they read it or at the very least they glanced at it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Actually just found out we have this popping up: VR at Scarborough Civic Centre Library No news on any other location. We're just finalizing the 2016 budget at my job currently.

I saw an interesting invoice with current generation video games purchased. If you're curious PM me and I'll share what I know. The quantities don't add up to a lending collection sadly.
Scarberia?!?! No, thanks.

At least you got a...
Rejection letter is better than nothing at all, at least you know they read it or at the very least they glanced at it.
...at least used an iota of energy to use a macro to mass send out rejection emails.

Quick

Banned
Yeah, it's weirdly comforting (in a sense) to receive a rejection letter because at least they looked at your resume and thought about you.

Edit: Also, how did y'all survive today's cold? Either it wasn't as bad as it seemed, or I actually bundled up properly.

I got a fleece hoodie last year for Christmas, but only had the chance to wear it today. And just for the sake of being prepared, I wore an overcoat on top. It was super toasty, so I eventually just wore the hoodie. It's pretty great.

Zynx

I survived with a down jacket on top of a fleece jacket on top of a vest (on top of my shirt). And long underwear under my pants.

At least it didn't snow.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Edit: Also, how did y'all survive today's cold? Either it wasn't as bad as it seemed, or I actually bundled up properly.

I got a fleece hoodie last year for Christmas, but only had the chance to wear it today. And just for the sake of being prepared, I wore an overcoat on top. It was super toasty, so I eventually just wore the hoodie. It's pretty great.
I once again walked along the street from west of Bay on Adelaide to King station instead of taking the PATH because it was nice out. I guess it would be shorter for me to walk to St Andrew instead but I like the walk to King so I go that way.

krae_man

My favorite was always:

Hi I'm calling to see if you've decided who to hire yet?
Nope not yet.
Okay thanks.
*5 seconds later*
Ring ring
Hello
The position has been filled

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Yeah, it's weirdly comforting (in a sense) to receive a rejection letter because at least they looked at your resume and thought about you.

It was only 'bad' if you were on a windy street. Otherwise it was just fine. Managed with simply layers, didn't have to put on anything super heavy.

gabbo

I prefer to not hearing anything at all, as annoying as it is.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
TTC on verge of being top in North America.

I know the competition isn't exactly fierce, but now that the '5 year plan' is coming to a close, we're going to be hearing a lot more from the previously reasonable Byford on why the TTC is amazing.
Kappa

Edit: finally going to see Rogue One soon. At Yonge/Eglinton and it's really different from the last time I was here. Went to a really fantastic Italian place called La Vecchio and now at a French cafe called Douce France. La Vecchio had some fantastic tomato sauce based pasta dishes (I find almost every place overseasons the hell out of them and makes them too zesty). Douce France has this hot chocolate that's more like melted chocolate and the desserts here are incredible. I'm not a fan of flan but this place has an amazing flan. Also quite a bit of goods from France here too.

Obligatory MUH BLOOD SUGAR....!!! HNNNGGGGGGHHHH!

Yeah my husband and I still use those only. It's annoying when they combine the metropass turnstile/entrances with the presto ones now though, which means 90% of the time it's broken.

Yes. Token, passes and tickets will be around until the end of 2017. They are also planning to introduce metropass on presto this year.

Thanks! Only in the city for another year and Presto seems annoying.

TTC on verge of being top in North America.

I know the competition isn't exactly fierce, but now that the '5 year plan' is coming to a close, we're going to be hearing a lot more from the previously reasonable Byford on why the TTC is amazing.
but wifi in the tunnels won't be until 2018 so how can utopia be this year?

I actually switched to presto and prefer it. I never used my metropass enough to justify the cost but I never wanted to carry around tokens and shit. Presto is a good middle ground. Any time I work from home or there's a long weekend or whatever I save money. Presto wasnt working other day on the bus and boom saved 3 bucks there :p. Worked from home the next day and that's 6 bucks saved.

It's not perfect though.

Fuzzy

The Metropass is a waste of money for anyone who only uses the TTC to and from work (2 trips a day M-F). I don't mind tokens because I have one of those little holders that holds 6 of them in separate slots so they're easy to remove and reload.

zroid

Banned
With how similar the prices are for tokens and cash fare now, I dunno if I can be arsed to buy tokens anymore. I don't use the TTC much these days anyway. I have one token on hand, so when I head down for the Switch thing I'll probably just pay cash on the way back. Meh.

keakster

The Metropass is a waste of money for anyone who only uses the TTC to and from work (2 trips a day M-F). I don't mind tokens because I have one of those little holders that holds 6 of them in separate slots so they're easy to remove and reload.

With how similar the prices are for tokens and cash fare now, I dunno if I can be arsed to buy tokens anymore. I don't use the TTC much these days anyway. I have one token on hand, so when I head down for the Switch thing I'll probably just pay cash on the way back. Meh.

I have a Presto card because I always forget to buy tokens and even when I have them I always leave them in the wrong jacket. I don't take the TTC near enough to make a Metropass worth it and since I'm usually just taking a streetcar the Presto is pretty convenient (with auto-reload).

And as an added bonus, whenever the Presto readers on the streetcar are down it's a free ride!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
What do you mean you're "still trying"? Order one from the website.

https://www.prestocard.ca/en/shopping/order-a-card

Yeah about a month ago, I tried to get a presto card from a subway station but I tried three different stations throughout the day and they were all out of stock somehow. I ended up getting one from the website.
In Asia, you could get these types of cards at any convenience store...and you could use the cards there...and you could recharge them there...and it literally took seconds to recharge...and the stations that took money for fares always worked...

Presto...? At least it made it here but I've personally seen and heard enough about how shoddy it is.

keakster

It's definitely shoddy. I mean why the hell it takes 24 hours to reload the funds? And sometimes it takes more than that. WTF?

I haven't had any problems with auto-reload. I get that people may not want to give up their credit card info like that but with so many of the reload kiosks having problems I just decided to go with it.

Fuzzy

It would've been better for the TTC to just bite the bullet and skip Presto completely and let people pay with their credit/debit cards.

zroid

Banned
I lost my Presto card -_-

It would've been better for the TTC to just bite the bullet and skip Presto completely and let people pay with their credit/debit cards.

They did say this is happening right? By 2018 I think?

aka 2020

Those presto boxes clearly work with NFC because any time I'm even standing close to it my iphone's apple pay triggers. So yeah just let us pay with our cards.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Pfft. Who uses cards for anything? What do you think we live in some future world where machines can just scan cards to process payments?

tiijj

It's definitely shoddy. I mean why the hell it takes 24 hours to reload the funds? And sometimes it takes more than that. WTF?

I haven't had any problems with auto-reload. I get that people may not want to give up their credit card info like that but with so many of the reload kiosks having problems I just decided to go with it.

It takes ~24 hrs to load it online but it's instant through one of those machine (that's always out of service) and through the booth/kiosk thing in person.

If you have a pre-set payment method where it automatically adds a predetermined amount everything the card loads hit below a certain amount, this one is instant as well. I can't remember if you need to have it re-load at least once before it instantly goes through. I had a problem with this once where it re-loaded my card twice.

Top Bottom