• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

dluu13

In Asia, you could get these types of cards at any convenience store...and you could use the cards there...and you could recharge them there...and it literally took seconds to recharge...and the stations that took money for fares always worked...

Presto...? At least it made it here but I've personally seen and heard enough about how shoddy it is.
Not to mention almost every place allowing you to pay using that card.
They've had decades to work it out in Asia although you could also ask why it took so damn long for us in North America to catch on.

Yeah about a month ago, I tried to get a presto card from a subway station but I tried three different stations throughout the day and they were all out of stock somehow. I ended up getting one from the website.

I bought mine on the Gateway store in Sheppard-Yonge station.

dluu13

I bought mine on the Gateway store in Sheppard-Yonge station.
Yeah it was the day before I left for Vancouver which was December 14 (Wednesday) because I wanted the UP Express discount. Crazy thing is all the gateway stores I asked wouldn't have them in stock until Monday. I tried yonge Sheppard, st Patrick, and union.

dluu13

We Vancouver, BC now
Well this was Vancouver:
Bs9n6mS.jpg

Damn skating rink there lol. No salt cuz city ran out of snow clearing budget...

zroid

Banned
finished shoveling the driveway just in the nick of time... the rain is just starting to fall now

now excuse me while I nurse my sore everything back into good health

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Lololol hey Zroid, how bout all that extra exercise you got for nothing? Team warm prevailed and we're back to melted snow and plus weather.
And Lou traded Enroth for a 7th and Matthews is an all star!

dluu13

Lololol hey Zroid, how bout all that extra exercise you got for nothing? Team warm prevailed and we're back to melted snow and plus weather.
And Lou traded Enroth for a 7th and Matthews is an all star!

Lol the Canucks selection for all-star is their goals (13) and points (29) leader through 42 games. I haven't been following the NHL for a while but that stat is just sad to see.

Going to Tokyo for the first time ever. Anything you guys really, really recommend that I see or visit?

i will be going to the chibi maruko chan cafe

My odometer is stuck on 299999. I wonder if my car is trying to tell me something.

You are living an automotive version of Ground Hog Day, my friend. Which means additionally, that if you are not a member of foolish #TeamCold, then you're fucked because you will need to shovel your driveway, add salt, warm up your vehicle, and curse the bitter cold every day for an undefined and potentially infinite loop.

GG

soultron

Banned
I need to find broad bean paste (doubanjiang) but don't want to go all the way to Chinatown to get it. I wish I had more Asian markets near me in the Danforth. :(

I can always find this stuff (Lee Kum Kee brand everywhere) when I'm not looking for it, funnily enough.

I need to find broad bean paste (doubanjiang) but don't want to go all the way to Chinatown to get it. I wish I had more Asian markets near me in the Danforth. :(

I can always find this stuff (Lee Kum Kee brand everywhere) when I'm not looking for it, funnily enough.

I'm sure one of our dependable generic Asian friends in this thread can hook you up.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Lol the Canucks selection for all-star is their goals (13) and points (29) leader through 42 games. I haven't been following the NHL for a while but that stat is just sad to see.
The Canucks are the Leafs of previous years (meddling owners, no desire for rebuild, bad drafting) so GG.
Going to Tokyo for the first time ever. Anything you guys really, really recommend that I see or visit?

i will be going to the chibi maruko chan cafe
Please go to the maid cafe and take pics
you pervert
My odometer is stuck on 299999. I wonder if my car is trying to tell me something.

Getting it fixed though.
It's trying to tell you it also hates the cold.

You try the Asian section of a western grocery store? They tend to have some unexpected stuff there. If not, go to Chinatown cause if they don't get support ain't nobody gonna get no bean paste.

soultron

Banned
The Canucks are the Leafs of previous years (meddling owners, no desire for rebuild, bad drafting) so GG.

Please go to the maid cafe and take pics
you pervert

It's trying to tell you it also hates the cold.

You try the Asian section of a western grocery store? They tend to have some unexpected stuff there. If not, go to Chinatown cause if they don't get support ain't nobody gonna get no bean paste.

Western grocery stores are for filthy baka gaijin/gweilo and they usually don't have anything beyond kikkoman saunces. (I kid. I've checked my local loblaws and they don't have it. They care so much other LKK brand sauces and stuff, just not the 1 thing I'm looking for.)

the1npc

Hey guys. Hamillton GAF reporting lol. Going to the ROM tomorrow and the GO is not an option since I have to go up north at night. Anyone have parking recs? I'm totally cool with parking further away and using the TTC. I'm not used to driving downtown so im trying not to get lost / get to a full parking lot then get lost.

thank you

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys. Hamillton GAF reporting lol. Going to the ROM tomorrow and the GO is not an option since I have to go up north at night. Anyone have parking recs? I'm totally cool with parking further away and using the TTC. I'm not used to driving downtown so im trying not to get lost / get to a full parking lot then get lost.

thank you
If you're going North later on, I say try to find parking up North along the subway line and then just take the subway straight to Museum station.

If all else fails, Pacific Mall or it's nearby surroundings will always be a safe bet.

Also, I am back in Toronto on Monday night after nearly a month in London. People here are paranoid as fuck that they will experience Snowmageddon because it's supposed to snow a couple cm sometime tomorrow or on Friday.

Please summarize your weather experiences back home during the last 3.5 weeks, Kuro. So that I may prepare myself before returning.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
im going up near Owen Sound...do you have recommendations?

thanks
Ok well that's a lot farther north. :D

Our crappy subway doesn't reach that far up but yeah check the subway map and any station north of Spadina should be good. It'll be easy to get to the museum and you're going back up (slightly). I guess you "could" nuts and go to Downsview or one of those other far north stations but it'd just make getting back down to Museum station longer.

Edit:strange today I had no traffic and there were plenty of seats on the Queen streetcar...glitch in the matrix?

Edit2: the weather has been disgusting and unpredictable. No snow but cold. Snow but not as cold. Snow and you have to shovel. Snow and if you shovel you're a Zroid. Snow then rain. Rain then snow. Minus weather the next few days and then plus weather next week. It's all going crazy.

the1npc

Ok well that's a lot farther north. :D

Our crappy subway doesn't reach that far up but yeah check the subway map and any station north of Spadina should be good. It'll be easy to get to the museum and you're going back up (slightly). I guess you "could" nuts and go to Downsview or one of those other far north stations but it'd just make getting back down to Museum station longer.

Edit:strange today I had no traffic and there were plenty of seats on the Queen streetcar...glitch in the matrix?

Edit2: the weather has been disgusting and unpredictable. No snow but cold. Snow but not as cold. Snow and you have to shovel. Snow and if you shovel you're a Zroid. Snow then rain. Rain then snow. Minus weather the next few days and then plus weather next week. It's all going crazy.

north of spadina, ok will look into that thanks!

yep quite a drive aha

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Make sure you get yourself a TTC travel pass. And explore the city in efficient style.

^

Please ignore this heathen.

:lol I've taken the TTC last time. I nearly missed my flight because the metro broke down in a tunnel.

Just in time for three of our birthdays. 😈

Thought you saw everything there was to see here last time?

I haven't seen Niagara Falls yet! So I'm gonna rent a car from YYZ and drive down there for a night or two. Probably just one. Then drive back to the city and do some things I might've missed last time.

Sober

I did some googling and I guess I could try T&T Supermarket near Woodbine. Anyone ever been?
T&T is like the premiere Canadian Chinese (and they usually have a few Japanese/Korean aisles) supermarket. That and you can try similar competitors (but that's mostly a Markham thing).

Like T&T is literally owned by Loblaws.

dluu13

I did some googling and I guess I could try T&T Supermarket near Woodbine. Anyone ever been?

T&T will have it for sure.

I haven't seen Niagara Falls yet! So I'm gonna rent a car from YYZ and drive down there for a night or two. Probably just one. Then drive back to the city and do some things I might've missed last time.

The falls are great if you can get there on a day with smaller crowds otherwise you're gonna be cramped in with a bunch of tourists.
I don't like how they have become super commercialized though. A bunch of places there have become totally like a carnival.

Top Bottom