• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't watched any of the playoff games because they never gave me a reason to. Made the right decision clearly.
Worst sports city in the world? Nah, we can't even be the best at being bad. :(
im really freaking craving a burger...

but got not patties at my house
and because of the pain killers im taking im not supposed to drive...

ughhh....hate Etobicoke life
highpriest.jpg

This is a new low for Toronto sports. We truly are the worst sports city in North America. Worst part is I dont see any of our teams improving. As long as MLSE owns anything our teams will never win. Im so glad that Im originally from Montreal so at least I still got my Habs to cheer for.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
This is a new low for Toronto sports. We truly are the worst sports city in North America. Worst part is I dont see any of our teams improving. As long as MLSE owns anything our teams will never win. Im so glad that Im originally from Montreal so at least I still got my Habs to cheer for.
They're trying now for the Leafs. It's a change to see scorched earth and so many firings from the old boys club. It'll be rough for awhile, but things should turn around. Believe in the Shanaplans.

Jays? Not going anywhere.

Raptors? Could've done some damage of Lowry wasn't injured and our coach wasn't stupid.

TFC? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Even if we ever got the Bills (why the fuck not? We're bigger than Buffalo) we'd find some way to make them worse (is such a thing even possible?)

And again, we're not the worst. Cleveland is. Though Lebron may change that...
dammit kuro
Dammit...now I want one too. I actually haven't had one in awhile.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Jays - if they ever got some pitching they could at least contend for a playoff spot but we know how this will go.

Leafs - Scorched Earth at last, wait and see if they continue with the proper rebuild tho. But if they follow through still years away but we at least know this team has a plan it's trying to follow.

Raps - Flamed out in amazing fashion BUT they're in the East and again going to be in a division that will be pretty bad next year, playoffs are almost guaranteed yet again next year. Big summer ahead to see how Masai begins to shape this team. Have many moveable assets as well.

Jays - if they ever got some pitching they could at least contend for a playoff spot but we know how this will go.

Leafs - Scorched Earth at last, wait and see if they continue with the proper rebuild tho. But if they follow through still years away but we at least know this team has a plan it's trying to follow.

Raps - Flamed out in amazing fashion BUT they're in the East and again going to be in a division that will be pretty bad next year, playoffs are almost guaranteed yet again next year. Big summer ahead to see how Masai begins to shape this team. Have many moveable assets as well.

I share your thoughts having posted something to this effect in the NBA thread. The raptors need a trade along the lines of Marcus Camby for Charles Oakley. Trade one of the rookies or early year players for a reliable veteran with a couple of years left.

Yes they were swept. But no need for panic moves, given all the trade able assets they have. Lou is an amazing sign and trade asset for example. Buy low sell high! Give up his 15 points a game, for somebody who scores eight or nine, but also is a top 50 defender. Same thing could be said with Ross, trade for a twilight years centre who can be a floor coach and give us 10-15 mins of solid defence, and screen-roll with Lowry/demar.

No. Many teams in the East will be better next year. A lot of the teams have an upswing whereas the Raptors are officially a joke. Also who cares if they make the playoffs if they're just gonna get embarrassed on the court. Continuously getting eliminated in the first round is not a good thing in the NBA.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
No. Many teams in the East will be better next year. A lot of the teams have an upswing whereas the Raptors are officially a joke. Also who cares if they make the playoffs if they're just gonna get embarrassed on the court. Continuously getting eliminated in the first round is not a good thing in the NBA.

Yup many teams in the East will be better, just like they said for this past season as well right?

I think I love the notion that everyone gets better except the one team you follow who always get worse.

You think Boston, Brooklyn, NY, or Philly will improve enough to knock the Raptors off the top of the Atlantic? The Raptors would have to regress a lot and the other would have to improve quite a bit to do that

Raptors aren't going to turn into a sub .500 team

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Raptors will have a few seasons at the worst spot to be in when it comes to a NBA team. They're good enough to make the playoffs every year, which means the odds of one of their draft picks hitting it big is slim. But they won't improve enough to ever compete for a real chance to reach the finals. It's the problem most franchises in the league face. Especially those that are not considered destination franchises, or cities, where it will be tougher to attract top 10 sort of talent through free agency. Masai has a lot of work to do. He either needs to acquire one of the top players in the league, or start the real rebuild by trading everything for picks and cheaper, younger assets. Let's face it, this team was a fluke. They were ready to trade Lowry a year ago before they traded Gay and amazingly became a semi-competent team in the East. Masai didn't exactly plan for that, so Casey stuck around most pieces stayed put. It'll be a super interesting off season that I'm looking forward to. Shame the young players on the team couldn't experience a tiny bit of playoff success.

The whole league is going to be shaken up once the new TV deal kicks in and the salary cap skyrockets

Hopefully MLSE can use their wealth to get big name players once that happens

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The whole league is going to be shaken up once the new TV deal kicks in and the salary cap skyrockets

Hopefully MLSE can use their wealth to get big name players once that happens

It'll be the same problem as always unless they literally change the rules. The salary cap is going to skyrocket with all the new money, but all the franchises will be seeing that windfall. So everyone is going to be able to offer the same, or more than us, so players will generally choose one of the before mentioned 'destination' cities, when given the chance. It's why a tear down is much more plausible as a way to actually compete.

The NBA is one of the leagues where putting together a good team doesn't really matter either. If you don't have one of the top handful of players in the league, usually two of the top ten, then you can not win. There are less than a handful of exceptions throughout the history of the league. It's just what happens when there are few players in the field of play and a single one can dominate the game.

Quick

Banned
RIP RAPTORS

WE THE NOPE

It's hard out there for Toronto sports fans. This should be a wake up call for Masai and the Raptors front office to make some necessary moves.

Give him the Chaos Emeralds.

MLSE could do that but they're cheap hacks so it won't happen

Also Ross has no trade value, dude sucks

How are they cheap?

Do they not spend to the salary cap for the Leafs?
Did the Raptors not have the 5th highest team salary this season?
Did they not trade David Clarkson for a guy that can't play hockey and is making over 5 million dollars a year?

Looks like Raptors have 33 million coming off the books, they have a ton of flexibility to make changes, more so in 2016 when everything is going to get nuts

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm Goodbye Landry Fields, Chuck Hayes, Marcus Camby and Greg Stietsma

Yup many teams in the East will be better, just like they said for this past season as well right?

I think I love the notion that everyone gets better except the one team you follow who always get worse.

They also said the Raptors will get past the first round this season. They also said the 2nd seed was in the bag. 50+ wins was a lock. They said bring on the Wiz cause the Raps were a nightmare match up for the Wiz.

Boston could have easily beat this team in the playoffs too. Raptors win the Atlantic division next year, but who gives a shit?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
How are they cheap?

Did they not trade David Clarkson for a guy that can't play hockey and is making over 5 million dollars a year?

Looks like Raptors have 33 million coming off the books, they have a ton of flexibility to make changes, more so in 2016 when everything is going to get nuts

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm Goodbye Landry Fields, Chuck Hayes, Marcus Camby and Greg Stietsma
Yeah for the shit I give MLSE, I can't say they're not trying with the money they have. They just have a bunch of incompetent interfering hacks. Really, it makes good business sense to win as it helps in TV and broadcasting and merchandise and advertising revenue. I don't know of many other teams besides the Rangers with Redden willing to pay so much for a player not to play.

Raptors should use some of that financial freedom but we have to be careful we don't get goaded into signing an over the hill player.

Tuck

Finch West LRT is happening I guess

Yep, pretty exciting.

Unfortunately, as with the Sheppard LRT, the Finch LRT doesn't bridge the gap between the two sides of the Yonge University Spadina's U, which makes it substantially less useful. I think thats considered Phase 2... which means we'll be lucky to have ti by 2030.

Finch West LRT is happening I guess
Link?

Talking to first time buyers (like 50+ buyers) I would say 99% of them have one or more of the following:
Yes, and partial -no university debt cuz they lived at home for free (even more bonus if they did co-op programs and got to keep their income)
Who knows -down payment help from parents
Nope -free hand me down car from parents (nice not to have to buy a depreciating asset by yourself!)
Wait, a wedding? -parents friends and relatives very generous during wedding time
Oh shit what? -dual income (this is key)
Yes -commute really far to work but stay close to parents, OR, if living downtown or somewhere away from parents then their parents still treat them like they're at home eg buying them bulk groceries, lending them a car for road trips, taking care of kids for free, etc
Well, half the list, I guess, and I still feel it's sort of nuts.

Azih

Raptors really need to dump Casey. The entire second half of the season was bad. As soon as other teams started planning for the Raptors Casey's schemes fell apart and it seemed like he was unable to adjust defensively or offensively. The playoffs were just a total humiliation.

Derozan is the only player who performed better this year than last. Ross is a lost cause. JV seems confused. Lowry reverted to hero ball. Amir Johnson's ankles just don't exist any more. I think Lou Will might have been overall bad for the Raptors despite being 6 man of the year. His shot jacking seemed to infect the whole squad.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Raptors will have a few seasons at the worst spot to be in when it comes to a NBA team. They're good enough to make the playoffs every year, which means the odds of one of their draft picks hitting it big is slim. But they won't improve enough to ever compete for a real chance to reach the finals. It's the problem most franchises in the league face. Especially those that are not considered destination franchises, or cities, where it will be tougher to attract top 10 sort of talent through free agency. Masai has a lot of work to do. He either needs to acquire one of the top players in the league, or start the real rebuild by trading everything for picks and cheaper, younger assets. Let's face it, this team was a fluke. They were ready to trade Lowry a year ago before they traded Gay and amazingly became a semi-competent team in the East. Masai didn't exactly plan for that, so Casey stuck around most pieces stayed put. It'll be a super interesting off season that I'm looking forward to. Shame the young players on the team couldn't experience a tiny bit of playoff success.

Well potential good news for the 2016 draft. We have our pick plus the Knicks/Nuggets pick which could potentially be a top 12 selection. Depending on the crop of kids that come up that could really help infuse something solid into this team.

But everything your saying is right and then look at the team we have, it's not like Masai invested heavily into this core. If anything if you want to look at it at worst he only delayed the potential rebuild by 1.5 years. We don't have one terrible contract on the books going into this season. Closest we'd have is Vasquez who is overpaid but only has one year left.

I've been saying since the trade deadline, Masai knew what he had in this team, it's why he didn't go out and do anything at the deadline. Why move guys to shore up something that is flawed already?

Azih

I really just hope Casey is gone. I was so high on him from the time he started to the All Star break this year too.

Willectro

Banned
I think it just launched.

Yea, I think you're right. Looking at DSLreports, some keeners may have already got their $195.00 cable modem (lol).

I want faster internet, and teksavvy is still cheaper (monthly), but Rogers isn't going to nickel and dime me (modem fee, activation, etc). Decisions.

Azih

Yea, I think you're right. Looking at DSLreports, some keeners may have already got their $195.00 cable modem (lol).

I want faster internet, and teksavvy is still cheaper (monthly), but Rogers isn't going to nickel and dime me (modem fee, activation, etc). Decisions.

Rogers gets all that back and way more on a monthly basis.

Well potential good news for the 2016 draft. We have our pick plus the Knicks/Nuggets pick which could potentially be a top 12 selection. Depending on the crop of kids that come up that could really help infuse something solid into this team.

But everything your saying is right and then look at the team we have, it's not like Masai invested heavily into this core. If anything if you want to look at it at worst he only delayed the potential rebuild by 1.5 years. We don't have one terrible contract on the books going into this season. Closest we'd have is Vasquez who is overpaid but only has one year left.

I've been saying since the trade deadline, Masai knew what he had in this team, it's why he didn't go out and do anything at the deadline. Why move guys to shore up something that is flawed already?

As long as they don't trade Lowry

Willectro

Banned
Rogers gets all that back and way more on a monthly basis.

Agreed, but Teksavvy hasn't been stellar lately either. Their support (which is not different than any ISP) never admits when there is a systemic problem and instead just wastes my time when there are outages that miraculously fix themselves. That, and Teksavvy just blames Rogers when there are issues, so why would I pay a middleman?

Do you need the $200 modem? I bought the better 2.0 or whatever modem when I signed up 3 years ago.

Not completely sure, but I think it's require for the new 100/10 packages and beyond.

krae_man

Agreed, but Teksavvy hasn't been stellar lately either. Their support (which is not different than any ISP) never admits when there is a systemic problem and instead just wastes my time when there are outages that miraculously fix themselves. That, and Teksavvy just blames Rogers when there are issues, so why would I pay a middleman?

Because you can get teksavvys most expensive package for less than Rogers cheapest?

dubq

Why would anyone want to pay less for the same service? No idea. >_>

Khilandros

I wonder if anyone would take notice if I yelled out "Leafs Suck" in DT Toronto. Probably not.

I yell out that stuff all the time, "boo jays", "craptors",etc. The way they have been playing...oh man, maybe one day our teams won't choke at their most important times. I still watch every season, but it sucks knowing that it will eventually happen.

Willectro

Banned
Because you can get teksavvys most expensive package for less than Rogers cheapest?

Why would anyone want to pay less for the same service? No idea. >_>

I know, but my feeling is that I will have to pay over $200 just to try Teksavvy's service, and if there is packet loss and other issues again, I'm outta luck. I'm not quite sure the service is identical, and the support certainly is not the same. Teksavvy is great until you have an issue.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I can confirm Teksavvy's customer service is complete shit unless you really push them on it. They have multiple channels of communication, DSLreports, Twitter, phoning in, e-mail, MyWorld portal, but it won't matter unless you drill them on it.
We had two instances where Teksavvy were a pretty big hassle. One was when a modem died. It was literally weeks of refreshing open tickets with no progress. I eventually just went out and bought a new modem to see if that was the issue (they had no clue up to this point) and registered it on the network.

Second issue is when we moved. We had issues with the setup and were without internet for a couple of weeks. We had provided information on when the move was happening, so hopefully we could have had someone in the building the first week to set it all up. They apparently screwed up their communication and the ticket I opened a three weeks in advance didn't actually mean anything, so we had to start over.

Rogers was pushing any tickets from Teksavvy way down the priority list to the point where it was three weeks to get a tech sent out. I ended up following Kuro's advice and escalating the issue to their Director of Social Media & Online Interactions. We got into a little public Twitter spat with his argument being "they're not perfect. we're trying." until I was able to get him to send someone out in the next few days, switching us from cable (Rogers) to DSL (Bell), but with Teksavvy absorbing the cost of the modem and fees.

On the plus side, Teksavvy is very open about outages and easy to find out if there are issues going on. But they will delay whenever possible when it comes to sending someone out. Their handling of tickets through DSLreports and otherwise is really bad too. It's relatively similar to other customer service experiences I've had with providers though and I would much rather go through a 3rd party, even if the majority of my money ends up at one of the big shitty telecoms. It's basically the only way I can should my disdain to the system, feeble as it is.

tl;dr - Customer service at Teksavvy is shitty as any ISP, although they 'try' to make it easy to get in contact with them. Still better than paying Bell / Rogers directly for me.

Eleuin

How are they cheap?

I'm just salty they didn't resign janssen

Top Bottom