• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Willectro

Banned
I can confirm Teksavvy's customer service is complete shit unless you really push them on it. They have multiple channels of communication, DSLreports, Twitter, phoning in, e-mail, MyWorld portal, but it won't matter unless you drill them on it.
We had two instances where Teksavvy were a pretty big hassle. One was when a modem died. It was literally weeks of refreshing open tickets with no progress. I eventually just went out and bought a new modem to see if that was the issue (they had no clue up to this point) and registered it on the network.

Second issue is when we moved. We had issues with the setup and were without internet for a couple of weeks. We had provided information on when the move was happening, so hopefully we could have had someone in the building the first week to set it all up. They apparently screwed up their communication and the ticket I opened a three weeks in advance didn't actually mean anything, so we had to start over.

Rogers was pushing any tickets from Teksavvy way down the priority list to the point where it was three weeks to get a tech sent out. I ended up following Kuro's advice and escalating the issue to their Director of Social Media & Online Interactions. We got into a little public Twitter spat with his argument being "they're not perfect. we're trying." until I was able to get him to send someone out in the next few days, switching us from cable (Rogers) to DSL (Bell), but with Teksavvy absorbing the cost of the modem and fees.

On the plus side, Teksavvy is very open about outages and easy to find out if there are issues going on. But they will delay whenever possible when it comes to sending someone out. Their handling of tickets through DSLreports and otherwise is really bad too. It's relatively similar to other customer service experiences I've had with providers though and I would much rather go through a 3rd party, even if the majority of my money ends up at one of the big shitty telecoms. It's basically the only way I can should my disdain to the system, feeble as it is.

tl;dr - Customer service at Teksavvy is shitty as any ISP, although they 'try' to make it easy to get in contact with them. Still better than paying Bell / Rogers directly for me.

Thanks, interesting perspective. I too have found in the past that Teksavvy wants me to be flexible and patient, but when it comes to my end of the deal (paying), they are have zero flexibility (oh, no service / poor service for a few days? still have to pay the entire amount, etc).

But then again, Bell/Rogers are really no better. Hmm, maybe I'll take a chance on the 100/10. I wish DSL was faster than 50 in my area.

Also worth noting, that Rogers' 100u package is $84.99 for unlimited while Teksavvy is $94.95 - so Teksavvy isn't cheaper across the board. Teksavvy is better with the 400gb bandwidth package, which should suit me.

Start.ca seems to have been brought up as a possible alternative to Teksavvy. They are pretty much the same thing, but seems to be a smaller/newer company so the customer service issues might be less fucked.

I switcher over to their service since the last massive Teksavvy outage ah sometime last year? Haven't had any major complaints.

Mhee123

Neo Member
I've been using VMedia and It's been solid last year. No Complaints and the best customer service I've had in a long time.

It's a GTA central company and they're are getting more expensive, however they're getting FTTH service and getting 100Mbps plans coming soon. Check it out

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Can someone link that movie ticket deal from RFD?

I know it was posted in here but can't find it. I just want to prove to a friend this deal was going on.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Thanks!

I figured it was gone by now. In hindsight should have done it so I could get loaded and go watch "Unfriended"

Start.ca seems to have been brought up as a possible alternative to Teksavvy. They are pretty much the same thing, but seems to be a smaller/newer company so the customer service issues might be less fucked.

I switcher over to their service since the last massive Teksavvy outage ah sometime last year? Haven't had any major complaints.

I use Start. As do a couple of buddies. It's perfect!
- had a question about Internet speeds, someone picked up the phone right away.
- my friend had an issue that's us techie folks could easily tell was a router issue not modem, but he called tech-support not knowing any better, and they actually helped him configure his router, how awesome is that?
- you can change payment method on their website using a SHORT simple form

Perfect score from me.

Anony

Finch LRT completion date: 2021, not including any delays that WILL IN FACT happen, 100%
Sheppard LRT, will not start until Finch LRT is completed

what
a
fucking
joke

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I use start too. No complaints.

Looks like Casey is staying lollolol

We'll probably know after end of season interviews tomorrow. They just gave him a new contract, so there might be some resistance to paying out his money and then paying another new guy. It was Ujiri's call to extend him too, so there might be a little pride involved.

Finch LRT completion date: 2021, not including any delays that WILL IN FACT happen, 100%
Sheppard LRT, will not start until Finch LRT is completed

what
a
fucking
joke

Our great grand children will love riding all these LRTs.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Now you can order booze online from LCBO

Are you someone that likes to do their grocery shopping online? Then we have good news for you.

LCBO is bringing their selected stock to Longo’s Grocery Gateway service. The catch: you have to order $45 worth of food before adding a bottle, THEN each bottle ordered is subject to a $1.50 charge (up to $10).

The online grocery service already offers Steam Whistle products, but now LCBO will be adding a variety of different beer, wine, and booze with a heavy local focus.

Cheers!
http://indie88.com/now-you-can-order-booze-online-from-lcbo/

ahdurian

Close to 2 hours. I wasn't that impressed, I've had better cheesecake. Won't be coming back until the hype dies down.

i always hear people saying they waited +2 hours for this...
Maybe I just got lucky because I only waited close to 50mins when I went
=/

Willectro

Banned
I have their discontinued 150/10 package. I was looking into this package since it's cheaper and about the speeds I get anyways but it's so dumb I have to buy a new modem for what's going to be the same connection.

And this is exactly what I'm worried about. Months from now they will have 250/25 and I'll need a different modem for that and Teksavvy will tell me to eat it.

Quadratic

I'll chime in on the Teksavvy talk.

When I moved, I wanted to take my discontinued 28/10 unlimited (no cap) plan. Teksavvy told me I had to buy a new modem. My old one was working fine but since it doesn't support the new speeds available. So, to keep my plan the only option was to buy the new modem. I would have needed to buy modem to start a new service regardless because my modem wasn't supported anymore. In the end I ate the 100 dollar modem cost.

The install went fine. A Rogers tech came a few days after I asked for a move with windows basically all day, I opted for one after work. I guess it wasn't a very busy month for them. It's hit or miss if you get the easy experience like mine or Evil Mario's terrible one.

Roto13

I have to ask them for their store number and? This is getting way more complicated than I care enough to bother with.

Seems like as soon as you put in the store number, it comes up as "redeemed" so you have to do it while you're in the store, and ask the barista first.

jokkir

Which langs are you stellar at and done hella stuff with though? And in what environments?

I would probably say I'm the best with the web languages like HTML/CSS, PHP, Perl, Javascript (although I need to review) and I suppose Java as well for applets. I'm looking to learn Ruby now

I went to Milliken Park yesterday in Scarborough. I regret it a bit since it was cold and I decided to bike there lol

Rocky Water by simulatron, on Flickr

Distant Setting by simulatron, on Flickr

Swan on the Water by simulatron, on Flickr

Golden Pebble by simulatron, on Flickr

Might go biking again today since the weather is getting warmer

Entropia

No One Remembers
For the late 20's/early 30's crowd;

PNeKL1F.jpg

Also I was in TO for a follow up interview today. Walked over to Burger's Priest to wallow in how poorly I think I did.

Kraftwerk

Took the new job offer I told some of you at the mweetup. Good thing is right now I'm just going to do some training and in a transitional phase while they initiate their expansion. Works out really well, I have lot more free time until next year and I got a big pay raise.

Plans are secret but in two years I might move to Calgary or Whistler, based on how they expand. I'm fine with either. Should be fun.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
For the late 20's/early 30's crowd;

Also I was in TO for a follow up interview today. Walked over to Burger's Priest to wallow in how poorly I think I did.

OMG. I forgot all about Prozzak.

Took the new job offer I told some of you at the mweetup. Good thing is right now I'm just going to do some training and in a transitional phase while they initiate their expansion. Works out really well, I have lot more free time until next year and I got a big pay raise.

Plans are secret but in two years I might move to Calgary or Whistler, based on how they expand. I'm fine with either. Should be fun.

Congrats!

Hopefully I find something soon.

Quick

Banned
Raptors just updated their Facebook and Twitter profile pictures to the "alternate" logo. I really hope they don't actually switch the primary logo to it.

Azih

Team went to shit when Drake lost interest. What are you doing MLSE? Just keep doing what Lieweke was doing to keep Drake happy.

Go on....

I don't think it's the same waitresses

Let's just say they hire a certain type. They had 4 locations in Vancouver and they were always the CBC (Canadian born Chinese) / Vietnamese type. Dyed blonde hair, LV bags and all.

The one here is not like the one in Vancouver. Most of the other better known Izakayas in Toronto are much better.

Yeah that's kinda what I figured. It's so far from the downtown core (financial district) too. The coal harbour location in Vancouver was sweet cause it was right downstairs from my office.

Do you want a review of the place or the waitresses?

Both :D

Top Bottom