• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Entropia

No One Remembers
Sigh, didn't get the job in Toronto. Thought I had a real great shot at it, but guess it was not meant to be.

Still have some other opportunities to explore in TO though.

Rinoa

Keep applying and don't give up!

So damn hot. Sweating like shit just walking home from work.

tumblr_mk81or7KrP1s5jjtzo1_500.gif

I never run out of uses for this gif.

Did the sakura walk yesterday, so many midges :(

jokkir

tumblr_mk81or7KrP1s5jjtzo1_500.gif

I never run out of uses for this gif.

Did the sakura walk yesterday, so many midges :(

Near water is the worst. I was at Polson Pier yesterday and the entire sky looked like some bad quality, grainy image from all the midges flying around :(

ahdurian

My birthday is coming up in 2 weeks and all I want is food as well.

its the best gift
though my parents aren't satisfied with me saying I just want food, since they're still asking me what I want...
I don't want anything though....D:
If anything, might just get this, since I already have all Legacy items that have come out so far
The Megazord, Dragonzord, Tigerzord, Power Morpher and Dragon Dagger

Legacy-Saba-Box-928x200.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So, thoughts on the newly installed art at Union? I haven't seen it in person, but I'm not the biggest fan of the Star's photos.

Reid likened his piece to listening to the blues when you’re already feeling down. “It meets you where you’re at and deepens that experience,” he said. “We are constantly in this world of being distracted by ads to the Bahamas and promises of advertising . . . This is to say, ‘here’s where we are, this is our life.’ ”

In order to create the piece, Reid spent hours riding the subway, sketching passengers and writing poems.

Commission spokesperson Brad Ross, however, said Reid’s piece “captures, in fact, the modernization efforts of the TTC.”

ahdurian

So, thoughts on the newly installed art at Union? I haven't seen it in person, but I'm not the biggest fan of the Star's photos.

to be honest, it reminds me of the Walls of Shadows at Hiroshima...just more detailed, which is definitely not a good thing
i think it's creepy and depressing, and it makes me glad i rarely ever go to Union Station, except to go to a Raptors game

explodet

There's also this:
Reid added that although his work has been installed, it won’t be fully finished until the renovation of Union’s platform is completed sometime in the coming weeks. He promised the piece will look more vibrant when it’s properly lighted.
Those pieces are kind of a downer, but no more than the average morning downtown commute.

Not that it matters much, it won't be long before they're all covered up by a station-wide advertising blitz that covers up everything within eyeshot.

ahdurian

also, some of the FB comments on the TorStar page regarding this are awesome

"Can't be more depressing than having to deal with simply riding the TTC."
"Public transit in Toronto is depressing enough"
"Art should make you think. I guess its job is done!" with a reply of "It really shouldnt make you think of jumping though"

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
What the fuck.

TTC bus driver accused of teen sex assault on transit bus

Toronto police have charged a TTC bus driver who allegedly sexually assaulted a 16-year-old girl on his bus.

Police said the 50-year-old driver left Kipling Station on Tuesday with a 16-year-old girl and several other passengers. When only the girl remained on the bus, the driver allegedly stopped in a commercial area and let the girl sit in the driver's seat of the bus.

Police said he then sexually assaulted the girl.

The driver faces three charges in total, including sexual assault, sexual interference and sexual exploitation.

In a statement, the TTC says the allegations and charges are "incredibly serious and disturbing."

The accused is not performing "any TTC duties at this time," the TTC says.

He appeared in Finch Avenue West courtroom on Friday.

Police warned there may be other victims.

I saw hipsters wearing scarves today...
I gagged

Whoever controls the thermostat is an asshole though at my office at work. It's freezing as hell there and then I walk outside and it's hot as hell.

I don't mind the heat though but it gets stuffy when you're dressed business casual.

I brought my work clothes in a bag today. No way was I wearing pants and a long sleeve shirt walking to work today.
my walk is only about 5-7 mins after getting off the subway so I only have to live with the heat for that long. Sucks though. Don't wanna carry more stuff in my bag.

Still though, team warm till I die.

I wonder if I'll be able to get through the day without turning on the A/C

I gave up around noon. But when I turned on my AC, went down the street to buy a Diet Coke, came back and it was still warm. I think my AC is busted. Well, nows as good a time as ever to find out I guess.

to be honest, it reminds me of the Walls of Shadows at Hiroshima...just more detailed, which is definitely not a good thing

I thought the same thing.God the paintings just look... Astonishingly depressing.

I saw hipsters wearing scarves today...

Me and my friend were walking along Bloor St. West in Koreatown. We saw two hipsters wearing scarves and couldn't even think of anything snarky to say. Just why.

Quick

Banned
They closed up the Union Station bus terminal or something the other day or a few days ago due to filming. Is that because of Suicide Squad filming or something else?

Blackhead

Redarse
just wearing a tie makes it feel 10 degrees hotter.
Wool, cotton or linen?
Wool or linen scarves?

There's more than just scarves for winter.
Exactly. Linen scarves are great in the summer if you can pull it off; light and breezy, absorb sweat but dry quickly. A business suit and tie is the most inefficient uncomfortable outfit for the heat. I can't wait until the Asian invasion and we all stop wearing this to look professional. All hail our future mandarin collars overlords lol
I don't see how it can possibly be less crowded than Comic Con. You can't even get close to the tables any more, let alone the panels.
Maybe I'm just into the more indie artists. Well i'll find out today. Tickets for last night were sold out but still some available for Seth films tomorrow
Don't stop believing

Wool, cotton or linen?

I think it's more the fact that there's just no airflow when you have your shirt buttoned all the way up.

Also lol @ TTC making the ride even more depressing. Is there a reason why they couldn't put wifi through the whole subway? Seems like common sense that if you can get people distracted by using their phones, there'd be fewer complaints or negative things that people notice.

Is there a reason the wifi rollout on the subway is so slow? I'm actually asking. I always just assumed it would be pretty quick to install it in the stations.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
But the right off way is soooo tempting to jay walk on. It's all the right of ways fault. :/

I actually find the St Clair streetcars don't go any faster than say, 501 if the way is clear. If anyone has ridden the 501 past Roncesvalles West too, the speeds at which they go by High Park is nuts sometimes. Never seen it on the 512.

Is there a reason the wifi rollout on the subway is so slow? I'm actually asking. I always just assumed it would be pretty quick to install it in the stations.

I feel like the question can be asked of most TTC projects. Even ones that are long projects go over by months, or years.

Holy shit, it's fucking hot. Melting in my car.

Yep, definitely a 'Summer day' today. I know it's the case when my dog is flopping down in people's lawns, trying to cool off, on the walk back home.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Fear not my cool loving, friends. Next week looks like it's back to Spring time weather. This is just a reminder of the terrible Summer that's coming.

Top Bottom