• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

ahdurian

201559-potd.jpg

huge crowds at High Park to see the cherry blossoms/

Good God people...they're just trees
(and not as good as the ones in Japan/other parts of Asia)

zroid

Banned
my backyard neighbour has a huge cherry blossom tree right behind our shared fence

I have an even better view of it from my house than they do! :D

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
my backyard neighbour has a huge cherry blossom tree right behind our shared fence

I have an even better view of it from my house than they do! :D

Yeah I have one in my backyard, pretty too look at...absolute shit to clean up.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Just in Yorkville now after going to High Park. It was nuts there. Weather is awesome though and great patio weather.

MELT IN THIS WEATHER, #TEAMWINTER

Rinoa

I like when streetcars go hella fast but only if it's a dedicated lane, I get nervous on shared lanes because streetcars/trains can't just stop when they need to.

Did cherry blossoms on wednesday, going on weekend is always mess.

Wool or linen scarves?

There's more than just scarves for winter.

Thick fabric ones for warmth.

Aint none of them be rockin hermes silk 90x90s like me and my gurls.

Wool scarves in the summer is a guaranteed way to melt :p They're absolutely amazing for winter though. I'd go with linen, it's very "breathable" i,e won't trap sweat/moisture and let's the wind pierce through. They also have a nice light-weight look to them.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Mostly recently a few weeks ago at Bloor, not more than five steps north on Brunswick there was a drunk guy pissing on a post at 6pm. It was one of the first 20c+ weekend days of the year and there were a lot of idiot out, but yeesh. It was my wife, my sister in-law and myself out walking our dogs and picking up bubble tea. Probably came within a couple inches of pissing on one of the dogs. This is literally steps from hundreds of people walking around and patios where people were, all who could clearly see this guy. I'm not sure what to do in that situation though. If someone is drunk enough, crazy enough, stupid enough to do that, do you really want to challenge them?

Seen a few other instances. Someone one pissing on the side of a building on King St during one of our after meetup walks to food on King St. I've seen a few subway pissers too. The one that sticks out in my mind was at Keele Station near the buses, a guy is pissing outside on the wall. People are watching and he yells at them. Forget what, but it was basically "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT!!" as he sprays the wall.

Roto13

Years ago, my first time visiting Toronto with my husband (my second visit, his first), the first thing we see when we get downtown and get off the bus is some guy pissing. He waved and was like "Hey, 'sup" like nbd. "Canadians are so friendly," my husband said.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Wtf where?

Thankfully I don't think I've ever seen it. I also spend as little time downtown as humanely possible though.

Well, it's not all downtown. There are the numerous times I've seen someone pulled off the highway peeing by their car. The guy who was peeing in the fountain at the base of the CN Tower. The two guys peeing against a townhouse in Don Mills. The guy who was peeing against a car wash, with a parking lot, the road into the parking lot and a couple of restaurants behind him. AT NOON. Why he didn't walk to the gas station, Timmy's, Mr Sub or Wendy's, all which were a 30 second walk away, I'll never know. This was in Mississauga though. There's more that I'm forgetting.

Well, it's not all downtown. There are the numerous times I've seen someone pulled off the highway peeing by their car. The guy who was peeing in the fountain at the base of the CN Tower. The two guys peeing against a townhouse in Don Mills. The guy who was peeing against a car wash, with a parking lot, the road into the parking lot and a couple of restaurants behind him. AT NOON. Why he didn't walk to the gas station, Timmy's, Mr Sub or Wendy's, all which were a 30 second walk away, I'll never know. This was in Mississauga though. There's more that I'm forgetting.
damn lol you have bad piss luck.

Renewed

Isn't Chewie a black lab? And I was on mobile, dammit!

Also walked a fair bit in this weather.

Ahhh...! You snow people are gonna be puddles this summer!

Actually I was making puddles when I got back to my room. All that heat was trapped in there :<

Also feeling bad for the moms working at the hospital, because it was super busy today. Gonna go hug my mom :(

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Well, if you've gotta look good at least.

What is Chewie if he's not a black lab? I can't tell the difference in that pic D:

He's a mutt, damn it! Could be some lab, but primarily what we see in him is a sight hound cross. We say whippet, but could be a greyhound, etc. Big chest, thin face, very skinny really fast, not food driven. The last point should be a heavy indicator he probably doesn't have much lab in him. :p

We had BBQ out in Mississauga with the inlaws yesterday. Great weather out when the thunderstorms passed by in the late afternoon. Sucked up the all the humidity, but was far enough north we didn't get any of the rain.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
He's a mutt, damn it! Could be some lab, but primarily what we see in him is a sight hound cross. We say whippet, but could be a greyhound, etc. Big chest, thin face, very skinny really fast, not food driven. The last point should be a heavy indicator he probably doesn't have much lab in him. :p

We had BBQ out in Mississauga with the inlaws yesterday. Great weather out when the thunderstorms passed by in the late afternoon. Sucked up the all the humidity, but was far enough north we didn't get any of the rain.
Looks pretty much the same dog to me. I'll have to meet him one day.

Rinoa

I was with my gradeschool friends during the 93 world series I remember how we screamed so freaking loud.

Back then we actually knew every player on the team in detail, wore jerseys...

https://youtu.be/rGbh5UitRA8?t=2h47m51s
we will never feel that joy again, all them people running into the field lol I never noticed that b/c was so in the moment

zroid

Banned
I was with my gradeschool friends during the 93 world series I remember how we screamed so freaking loud.

Back then we actually knew every player on the team in detail, wore jerseys...

I was only 5 in '93 but my dad used to brag (and show off) to his friends about how I could name all the players and their positions. Jays were the only team I cared about in the 90s.

ahdurian

i remember having a Leafs hat and shirt when I was younger...not even knowing who they were. most likely i got them as a gift for something

also, remember my sister taking me to my live sports game, when Carter was still in the Raptors

Quadratic

Hey guys, just a reminder. Pizza Nova has their $5 medium pepperoni pizza's in support of Variety Village. I like how you can just walk in and get a pizza like Little Caesars when they do this promotion.

Top Bottom