• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Anony

I feel like I'd be satisfied with cons just for the streetpasses.

I'm volunteering (AN, bleh) and as we're handing out guides and lanyards we want to keep it one per person that is physically there since if we run out (and how are we supposed to know if these'll be used well) it's a pain to get more and so the other guests are essentially trying to hold on to their pass and finding their way around.

But these people don't care! "Yeah I'm picking up for 6 people." "They'll get it when they come here."

But Streetpasses are ace. Got a ton of tokens for Xenoblade and guild cards with super low HRs.

do u have any extra passes i can borrow? maybe for an hour or 2?
want to just take a walk around the selling booths (that's the only place that requires the badges right?, all the talks and whatnot in the hotels are free?)

havent been to AN in 5 or 6 years

I am now officially 24. Not going to have a huge party or whatever but I'm thinking of treating myself to some Five Guys. I been there only twice so far. Anyone know a better alternate to them in North York?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I am now officially 24. Not going to have a huge party or whatever but I'm thinking of treating myself to some Five Guys. I been there only twice so far. Anyone know a better alternate to them in North York?
Happy birthday!

...don't go the 5G downtown...go to another burger place or go to holy Chuck at least if you want to treat yourself.

zroid

Banned

Happy bday ^^

There's a place I like on Bayview/Sheppard, but I haven't been there in a while. Called Paradise Farms Bistro.

fake edit: just looking at the menu, they've raised the prices like crazy :lol well if you wanna treat yourself anyway....

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Posting once more for anyone that missed it

Toronto-Age Meetup XII

9nRVWX7.png

SURVEY SURVEY SURVEY

Heeeeey everybody. Please take this survey if you are interested in attending another meetup next month. I believe I'll be hosting this one. I'd have preferred to have had it a couple weeks earlier, but life will be busy for me in the beginning of June.

I really want to have another Smash tournament and want to gauge interest in that as well. It'll be 3DS, as logistics of hosting a Wii U tournament (poor Splatoon) will be a lot more complicated. Maybe one day if enough people have interest.

SURVEY SURVEY SURVEY
Where is the survey?! I can't see it..! D:

When is the deadline for this anyways?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Posting once more for anyone that missed it

Toronto-Age Meetup XII

9nRVWX7.png

SURVEY SURVEY SURVEY

Heeeeey everybody. Please take this survey if you are interested in attending another meetup next month. I believe I'll be hosting this one. I'd have preferred to have had it a couple weeks earlier, but life will be busy for me in the beginning of June.

I really want to have another Smash tournament and want to gauge interest in that as well. It'll be 3DS, as logistics of hosting a Wii U tournament (poor Splatoon) will be a lot more complicated. Maybe one day if enough people have interest.

SURVEY SURVEY SURVEY

I am still contemplating this team issue. I will likely be there.

Happy Birthday. In North York? Where in North York? There's one near Don Mills and Leslie.

Roto13

I almost went to the last meetup because it was close to home but I visited a friend instead because you're all gross nerds.

Happy birthday! I don't know a better alternative to anything anywhere.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Dammit.

#teamdarkside !

Who wants to hang with those pansy ass Jedi!? Any team that chokes evilmario is ace in my books.

PROVE ME WRONG, LANKY!

Today is Mexican restaurant day. I know of a few suggestions in Kensington...any others?

Quadratic

Dammit.

Today is Mexican restaurant day. I know of a few suggestions in Kensington...any others?

It's a nice day if you can get a patio spot at Grand Electric. Make sure to call to see if it's open because I went once and it was dining room only which lessened their seating substantially.

La Carnita is on College near Bathurst if you find the Kensington spots rammed.

Barrio Coreano in Koreatown is a taco place. I went there for my birthday last year. Also in Koreatown is Tacos el Asador which is a hole in a wall but I enjoy their food. It's not Mexican but El Salvadorian.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It's a nice day if you can get a patio spot at Grand Electric. Make sure to call to see if it's open because I went once and it was dining room only which lessened their seating substantially.

La Carnita is on College near Bathurst if you find the Kensington spots rammed.

Barrio Coreano in Koreatown is a taco place. I went there for my birthday last year. Also in Koreatown is Tacos el Asador which is a hole in a wall but I enjoy their food. It's not Mexican but El Salvadorian.
I need to try these places...I have been to La Carnita in Riverdale though. It was good but a tad pricey for what you get and quite slow.

Edit: at Milagro now.

Blackhead

Redarse
Brother is a smart man.

Warm weather go!

Just saw tomorrow land....please go see mad max, everyone...

Also had a terrible day at work...

Lining up for this insidious 3 oculus rift thing...let's see if disappointment comes in 3s...
Edit: yuuuuup!

Good recommendation. 👍

Too bad it's very hard to find a theatre showing not in 3D. That said, if there's ever a movie with paying to experience in DBox, Mad Max: Fury Road is probably it

Did anyone else do the Improv Toronto scavenger hunt today?

Also sorry to any FC Porto fans, your team has been replaced with SL Benfica for the International Champions Cup @ BMO for the July 18th game

Quadratic

Crappy phone pic:

It was pretty good, but pretty pricey as well, around 20 dollars for a pot of tea and a dessert.

They also do afternoon tea for like 40 dollarsish, which I want to try.

They've only soft launched so far

I have yet to see Annvita tea room empty during the evening. It seems like it's a big success and it's saying a lot because there's a lot of places in the area that do desserts.

It seems like a really great place to take a date. Or your significant other.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I have yet to see Annvita tea room empty during the evening. It seems like it's a big success and it's saying a lot because there's a lot of places in the area that do desserts.

It seems like a really great place to take a date. Or your significant other.
It's tea and desserts, no? What so special?

Got back from Anime North

Good lord it was fucking hot today. Actually broke a sweat.

Still forever cursing people who decide to take cosplay pics in the middle of narrow ass aisles in the shopping area, and people who randomly stop in busy as fuck aisles.

As it is with most conventions, I somehow end up straining my voice by trying to talk to my friends in crowds, and from saying "sorry" and "excuse me" a lot.

Stet

Banned
I once got a rejection for a short story placement in a magazine seven months after I submitted it. I didn't even remember I had sent it in so it was like getting punched in the back of the head on your 30th birthday by someone you cut off on the 401 when you were 18.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather get rejection notices then not. It annoyed me more when companies never bothered to tell me anything.

This is true. I'm glad to know but it just feels odd to get it on the weekend. And they rejected me fast, within 2 days. Then again, I haven't had to look for a job in over a decade so things have changed.

Is that cat in a McDonalds bag?

Hieberrr

This is true. I'm glad to know but it just feels odd to get it on the weekend. And they rejected me fast, within 2 days. Then again, I haven't had to look for a job in over a decade so things have changed.

Is that cat in a McDonalds bag?

If it was for a corp role, it would pretty weird, unless it was one of those automated ones.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Went to Zakkushi this weekend. I had an immoral amount of meat. It was delicious

Scarborough Bluffs were also beautiful today. The view is spectacular, and the weather was really nice. This may be my favourite park in the city

It's fancy!
One can never have enough meat at zakkushi. I wonder when they're going to expand? I much prefer this style of izakaya to Guu.

Scarberia Bluffs is beautiful in the warmth of the sun.

Fancy tea...hmmmm...

Top Bottom