• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Brinbe

I loved and played all those, so Sony conference was the best thing I've ever seen. Even despite that, still an amazing E3.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I like most of the games shown at the Nintendo conference, but predictably, there were few surprises. We knew most of their 2015 lineup and it's painfully clear for the Wii U that NX is coming within the next 12 months. Amazingly 3DS lineup is still the most solid of them all. It even has the better Animal Crossing game coming..

Horizon is probably the game of the show so far for me

I'm more excited about Mario Maker but since that was shown last year already, I won't count it

Horizon was the surprise of the show for me. I mean, I had no interest in Killzone, so I wouldn't have expected that developer to deliver something that I really want to play.

zroid

Banned
Horizon was the surprise of the show for me. I mean, I had no interest in Killzone, so I wouldn't have expect that developer to deliver something that I really want to play.

Same here, I was saying last night that if you had told me earlier this week it was the Killzone devs who would really make me want a PS4 I would've spat out my soda. :p

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Horizon was the surprise of the show for me. I mean, I had no interest in Killzone, so I wouldn't have expected that developer to deliver something that I really want to play.
You're interested in a game where you can fight big monsters? Frankly I'm surprised.

Sober

Gaming side is terrible, saying main character in Horizon is far too ugly or something. I guess if she isn't a 10, then the game won't be a 10 or something. LOL

burn it all down

zroid

Banned
Gaming side is terrible, saying main character in Horizon is far too ugly or something. I guess if she isn't a 10, then the game won't be a 10 or something. LOL

burn it all down

jaguars-fan-gif.gif

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

burn it all down

Unless you're reading a |OT|, or summary thread to catch up on information, avoid Gaming side at all cost during E3.

zroid

Banned
Breath a sigh of relief Toronto sports fans, Cleveland is still worse.

I would contend that just making it to the finals is enough to nudge past Toronto, who really haven't even had a sniff. But I was hoping they'd win, just to make official what we all know is true anyway. This is by far the most pathetic sports city there is.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I would contend that just making it to the finals is enough to nudge past Toronto, who really haven't even had a sniff. But I was hoping they'd win, just to make official what we all know is true anyway. This is by far the most pathetic sports city there is.
The Rock though...?

Azih

Yeah the Jays back to back championships is a significant bulwark against being truly pathetic.

Feel sad for Lebron though. Man... I could be on a team with Lebron and I'd get to be a Conference champion.

explodet

Ahhh, leaving behind the bullshit of E3 press conferences and back to the bullshit of everyday life.

Did I miss a lot of sportsball?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Wind has coverage in subways now. How are they the first?

@TessKalinowski
WIND Mobile will be the subway cell provider #ttc #topoli

I just saw that tweet. Wwowowow. I'm super happy with WIND, being in the city 99.9999% of my time. There are no dead zones anymore and data isn't super fast, but always up for me. It'll be great to have it on the subway now.

Willectro

Banned
The big 3 didn't get their way

I dunno what to think about this. The Big 3 are unpleasant, but Wind is pretty weak and as soon as they become any better, might as well call it the Big 4.

Everything that's happened in the last few years that negatively impacts the Big 3, just seems to trickle down to customers by way of costs. No more 3 year contracts? Ok no problem, but prices went up.

Just seems odd that one of the city's worst transportation methods has teamed up with one of the worst mobile services providers. Both are cheap if you don't mind a few headaches, right?

Roto13

Wind has coverage in subways now. How are they the first?

I just saw that tweet. Wwowowow. I'm super happy with WIND, being in the city 99.9999% of my time. There are no dead zones anymore and data isn't super fast, but always up for me. It'll be great to have it on the subway now.

Wow, that's great. I have to say, I'm really glad I didn't listen to the naysayers in the Canadian Deals thread when I said I was considering switching to Wind.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
There is a strong feeling in a few communities like the Junctin and Queen West that hipsters are 'ruining everything' by coming in and taking over. I was mostly poking fun at it. I've no clue if that store is actually having a bit of fun, or are legitimately salty over the gentrification of the Junction. The entire term hipster is applied way too much to way too many people these days too.

Willectro

Banned
There is a strong feeling in a few communities like the Junctin and Queen West that hipsters are 'ruining everything' by coming in and taking over. I was mostly poking fun at it. I've no clue if that store is actually having a bit of fun, or are legitimately salty over the gentrification of the Junction. The entire term hipster is applied way too much to way too many people these days too.

The hipsters are just going to deny everything anyways.

Fuzzy

I'm sure the hipsters would say they were in the Junction before them any way.

Roto13

"Hipster" is one of those words that people throw around without understanding to the point where it just becomes meaningless. It's this generation's "Emo"

Willectro

Banned
"Hipster" is one of those words that people throw around without understanding to the point where it just becomes meaningless. It's this generation's "Emo"

True. Both make me laugh because they are trying to be unique by following trends which in turn makes them look like one of the herd. Just don't tell me you 'march to a different drummer' when really it's just that of Vampire Weekend or From First to Last.

Azih

True. Both make me laugh because they are trying to be unique by following trends which in turn makes them look like one of the herd. Just don't tell me you 'march to a different drummer' when really it's just that of Vampire Weekend or From First to Last.

Kinda but people like being a part of a community as well. So they're a part of the tribe that is rebelling from the mainstream as it were.

Willectro

Banned

Lol, that's interesting. Wasn't sure if it was a parody at first haha.

Kinda but people like being a part of a community as well. So they're a part of the tribe that is rebelling from the mainstream as it were.

True, but that seems more like Punk than emo or hipster. The line in the sand for me is whether you deny that you associate with or follow a subculture or not. Hipsters always seem to think they are doing something completely new and unique, which is rarely the case.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well. After spending a week here wasting my time with training and spending a day actually doing work and having a horrible day, I will say I think Montreal is a better city besides their constant shitty construction.

I still miss Toronto and all you shit heads though - even fuzz face. I'll be at the next meet up and the first round is on me.

Kraftwerk

Signed the lease papers for a townhouse in the beaches area. Should be a fun year living there.

Packing it very light for the move. Looking forward to having a BBQ in the yard.

Roto13

Montreal would be perfect if it wasn't part of Quebec. We came very close to moving there recently but decided against it because of reasons.

Fuzzy

Signed the lease papers for a townhouse in the beaches area. Should be a fun year living there.

Packing it very light for the move. Looking forward to having a BBQ in the yard.
Next meetup in your yard. Hope you enjoy leaving in The Beach.

I'm just fucking with you about The Beaches name.

Top Bottom