• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

explodet

Damn, gotta figure out how this Presto thing works.

Or somehow make myself under 12 again so I can just ride free.

Wait, SIX DOLLARS for a card?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Damn, gotta figure out how this Presto thing works.

Or somehow make myself under 12 again so I can just ride free.

Wait, SIX DOLLARS for a card?

Most systems with refillable card systems will charge you for the card. Often times its a deposit you can even get a refund on, which is good for tourist, temporary residents, students, etc. Not sure how it works here, but that's not unexpected.

explodet

Most systems with refillable card systems will charge you for the card. Often times its a deposit you can even get a refund on, which is good for tourist, temporary residents, students, etc. Not sure how it works here, but that's not unexpected.
It's more sticker shock that anything - when I was in Washington DC it cost $2, in Atlanta it was $1.

At least it never expires.

Renewed

Time for me to abandon my archaic tokens and Metropass. I look forward to using this to buy food as--- Oh wait.

Gonna look into this and see what the fuss is about.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Does this mean no more pointless TTC employees in glass booths?

"The TTC now spends about 8 per cent of fare revenues collecting fares, and moving to a smart card should reduce that cost. Also, without the need to sell fares, collectors will shift out of the booths at subway stations into more of a customer service role. And without the collectors selling fares, the distinction between primary and secondary subway entrances will blur, which could lead to more efficient passenger flow as riders use all access points of stations more evenly."

They'll still be there, getting pissy if you ask for directions and generally just eating up resources. Just like normal, but now they have even less work to do.

So I went back to Gamearama's new location today and it seems they are keeping that front area open as a salad/veggie bar. Interesting concept.

The store was packed and so were the shelves. It looks a lot better than it used to. Definitely a smart idea to move to that smaller venue.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
They'll still be there, getting pissy if you ask for directions and generally just eating up resources. Just like normal, but now they have even less work to do.
They'll be even more pissed because they won't be sitting all day.

Well hopefully it, you know, actually happens.

At the same time I like this direction of new extremes

Also where the fuck are our new streetcars

Naw dude, gotta be like me and other cool kids and have one of these things

fax7pk6.jpg

They're stylish, come in multiple colours, and can be found in most random TTC convenience stores

Hey guys,

Does anyone know where Added_Time (I think that was the poster's name) used to get those amazing hi-res photos of Toronto from for the 'photo of the day'?

I'm basically looking for an amazing repository of high-resolution Toronto photos for various purposes, and those were always gorgeous.

Thanks!

Most were from this thread on SkyscraperCity:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=143407&page=556

That is the newest page. You can start there are work backwards... Thousands and thousands of photos.

Sorry I disappeared, everyone. I just always forget neogaf exists now that I can't play video games anymore. It's coming up on a year now :( It's feels surreal to not have played the current Mario Kart game. I haven't known that feeling since the first one came out.

Rinoa

Haaaate thunder :(

some food pics other than my generic azn weekend bbq

Toca Ritz Carlton
CIHG4T1UEAAOWIa.jpg

Chase
CIIeusnVAAAwDfE.jpg

decorating cakes at Le Dolci
CIH7X6PUcAA5yfS.jpg

mixology at Pantages
CIIrXlXVAAAdurX.jpg

Fuck. So I finally win a contest. Like, I won a contest. Doesn't happen to often. And it's to see my favorite musician, St. Vincent, in concert. I'm thrilled! But get this. It's in Toronto. And I live in Iowa, and I have no passport, and it's either tomorrow or the next night.

So, anyone want to go to the Contemporary Color music festival? St Vincent's gonna be there, and she puts on an amazing show. First to reply gets it, you can pick the night (22nd or 23rd). I'll need your full name after replying.

It's an awesome offer! Is this still available? If so I can go ^^.

This storm is bonkers

London, England has people working at the tube access points in a customer service role, so the fare collectors switching to that isn't so strange

Edit 2 - I'm slightly jealous of Rinoa's pics, well done

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I said the same thing last night haha

can't remember the last time I heard thunder crack that loud

Thunder wasn't cracking that loud up in on the mean streets of T-Hill. But I can remember the last time I heard thunder cracking hella loud. It was twice this year on two separate thunderstorms.

One during the day that startled me and another one that woke me up out of my sleep at like 3 in the morning.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
If you've bought enough token to last 2 years from now, until they're phased out.. well.. that's a shit tone of tokens and you should probably own a metro pass.

This will somehow end up being more expensive for riders, guaranteed.

I can't help think this is, in part, related to fare enforcement, which the TTC clearly feels is an issue. I just don't want to get punched in the head over a Presto pass (lol).

It's a good thing and it's progress, even if there will be bumps. It works for literally a hundred other systems around the world, it'll work here.

explodet

The only gripes I have is the $6 card sticker shock (which I'll totally get over) and the fact that I can't fully convert right now because this system isn't even 25% implemented yet (which is totally petty on my part, I'll admit).

Stet

Banned
I said the same thing last night haha

can't remember the last time I heard thunder crack that loud

I was on a hill in a palace garden in Verona a few weeks ago and it started to sprinkle with low rumblings of thunder and lightning in the distance. I turned to my girlfriend and said "this is so beautif" before the loudest thunder crack I've ever heard, occurring basically simultaneously with the lightning.

My next words were "FUCK YOU I'M OUT" and I ran down the hill to shelter.

Top Bottom