• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Hieberrr

Well. After spending a week here wasting my time with training and spending a day actually doing work and having a horrible day, I will say I think Montreal is a better city besides their constant shitty construction.

I still miss Toronto and all you shit heads though - even fuzz face. I'll be at the next meet up and the first round is on me.

Montreal is an amazing city. I spent 4-5 days there last summer in July or August and it was a very walkable, chill, and unique city. Having said that, I personally wouldn't want to leave Toronto for it now. Toronto is booming!

BTW: Harbourfront is amazing now! Just spent 3 hours biking down Lakeshore to Harbourfront. The new bike lanes and walkways are wicked.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
No it does not.

Guess you're on a honeymoon now, eh?

PICTURES, DAMN YOU!!!!!

Never been there but heard a bunch of good and bad things about it.
This one's for you Kuro

DAZy58y.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Montreal is an amazing city. I spent 4-5 days there last summer in July or August and it was a very walkable, chill, and unique city. Having said that, I personally wouldn't want to leave Toronto for it now. Toronto is booming!
Might post a link or some pics (food pics of course) later.

Old port is a tourist trap but still better than what we got.

Chinatown wasn't anything special but at least they did right by their gate.

Food and wine and just chilling with people was petty awesome. I didn't have any poor service here like I sometimes can in Toronto.

Took a bunch of pictures of me eating to troll my wife. Also bringing back some baked goods to eat in front of her for maximum troll effect too. :D

Museums were much nicer and cooler too (Napoleon's hat?! D: )

Everything just looked nicer but there was a lot of fucking construction going on. I also got a lot of walking done to try and mitigate the influx of rich buttery food and drinking. It started last Friday with the pre meet up and I had another on the train today. My liver and blood sugar is not going to be happy with me...

Edit: oh fuck you, Divvy...! D: damn that looks good and really rich....!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
KURO, Goto Joe Beef or Au Pied du Cochon

you'll thank me later
Pied du Cochon done long ago. Joe Beef I wanted to but it wasn't in the cards. I did hit Schwartz's (smoked meat), Gibby's Restaurant (old well reviewed steakhouse), and Toque! (Toronto Star best restaurant in Canada).

Joe Beef and Moishe's steakhouse for next time I guess.

Hieberrr

Might post a link or some pics (food pics of course) later.

Old port is a tourist trap but still better than what we got.

Chinatown wasn't anything special but at least they did right by their gate.

Food and wine and just chilling with people was petty awesome. I didn't have any poor service here like I sometimes can in Toronto.

Took a bunch of pictures of me eating to troll my wife. Also bringing back some baked goods to eat in front of her for maximum troll effect too. :D

Museums were much nicer and cooler too (Napoleon's hat?! D: )

Everything just looked nicer but there was a lot of fucking construction going on. I also got a lot of walking done to try and mitigate the influx of rich buttery food and drinking. It started last Friday with the pre meet up and I had another on the train today. My liver and blood sugar is not going to be happy with me...

Edit: oh fuck you, Divvy...! D: damn that looks good and really rich....!

Try some Pouding Chomeur with ice cream if you haven't already.

Renewed

You should've heard us laugh when the other end of the table didn't want to get in on the chicken combo but instead said they'd order individual orders. :p

Hey man, I don't know how you guys do things. I didn't eat/drink all day. Literally since 4AM. It was ROUGH. D:

Magnus

Hey guys,

Does anyone know where Added_Time (I think that was the poster's name) used to get those amazing hi-res photos of Toronto from for the 'photo of the day'?

I'm basically looking for an amazing repository of high-resolution Toronto photos for various purposes, and those were always gorgeous.

Thanks!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys,

Does anyone know where Added_Time (I think that was the poster's name) used to get those amazing hi-res photos of Toronto from for the 'photo of the day'?

I'm basically looking for an amazing repository of high-resolution Toronto photos for various purposes, and those were always gorgeous.

Thanks!
I'll see if I can ask him on steam.

Mhee123

Neo Member
Yesterday, AMD had a pretty cool event at the HUNTER & LUCAS Esports Club. Won an R9 270X for dancing like a pro in Just Dance 2015! Danced to "Blame it on the Boogie" and got 5 stars! (1st time playing too.) AMD were giving out mad prizes for free for showing up. They also had some cool DOTA 2 and CS:GO matches.

Also 4 hours into Bravely Default. MAN, that OST is godlike.

Hatchtag

Banned
Fuck. So I finally win a contest. Like, I won a contest. Doesn't happen to often. And it's to see my favorite musician, St. Vincent, in concert. I'm thrilled! But get this. It's in Toronto. And I live in Iowa, and I have no passport, and it's either tomorrow or the next night.

So, anyone want to go to the Contemporary Color music festival? St Vincent's gonna be there, and she puts on an amazing show. First to reply gets it, you can pick the night (22nd or 23rd). I'll need your full name after replying.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Well, they tried.

Hey guys,

Thanks!

I know many were from urbantoronto. A lot of users post there own photos there, but I think added picked them up from other places as well.

Sober

I would've at least tried to turn the bike vertical if I was actually trying. Or you know, use the proper entrance/exit.

zroid

Banned
TTC to fully switch to Presto cards; will stop accepting tickets, tokens in 2017

The long and slow rollout of the ‎smart-card on the TTC is finally starting to accelerate, with a reduction in the period of time when people using the new card also need to carry old-style fares.

About two-fifths of the city’s subway stations will accept the Presto card by next month, Chris Upfold, deputy CEO of the TTC, said on Monday. All old streetcars will be Presto-enabled ‎by the end of the year. All remaining subway stations and all buses will be fitted for it by the end of next year.

The new streetcars, which are slowly arriving and are all expected ‎by 2019, will have Presto as they go into service.

‎Around the end of next year, the TTC will stop selling tickets and tokens. The transit agency will stop accepting these old ways to pay the fare in the middle of 2017. Those who choose not to use a Presto card – which costs $6 – will be able to use cash.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
WHAT

it's happening

it's actually happening

By the end of next year? I look forward to it by 2020.

edit: Aww, fuck. I shouldn't be so cynical, even if it's the truth. This is great that they're pushing forward with it hard. I look forward to it. A lot.

Top Bottom