• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Mhee123

Neo Member
Finally had the burger priest at 212 Adelaide and wow. Only had the cheeseburger, but I had a great meal. They have black cherry soda! Mega-Props to them.

Magnus

Really awful weather - poor Pride. We were all so excited for this year and it's just turned into a weekend inside. Oh well. More Batman time.

So went to momofuku with the company on Tuesday. Got moved to fucking nikai because our party was too big and I really thought the food sucked. We ordered the cauliflower bhaji (deep fried cauliflower), chicken bun, pork bun, chicken wings as shared appetizers. All but the cauliflower were pretty mediocre IMO. Totally not worth what they're charging. Then I decided to get the chicken thigh ssam ($26!!!!) for my main. It was 5 leaves of lettuce, a small chicken thigh cut into pieces, a small plate of shiitake mushroom, and a plate of sriracha.

Boy am I glad I didn't have to pay. Was also interesting seeing our US colleagues from Nashville order ramen and kind of poking at it because they've never seen noodles, soft-boiled eggs, and pork belly put together before lol.

Roto13

Really awful weather - poor Pride. We were all so excited for this year and it's just turned into a weekend inside. Oh well. More Batman time.

At least it's not a monsoon like it was like it was all yesterday and all last night. I was planning to go out and see Bianca Del Rio, but no way was I standing around in that. What does that kind of weather do to drag queen makeup like that anyway?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So went to momofuku with the company on Tuesday. Got moved to fucking nikai because our party was too big and I really thought the food sucked. We ordered the cauliflower bhaji (deep fried cauliflower), chicken bun, pork bun, chicken wings as shared appetizers. All but the cauliflower were pretty mediocre IMO. Totally not worth what they're charging. Then I decided to get the chicken thigh ssam ($26!!!!) for my main. It was 5 leaves of lettuce, a small chicken thigh cut into pieces, a small plate of shiitake mushroom, and a plate of sriracha.

Boy am I glad I didn't have to pay. Was also interesting seeing our US colleagues from Nashville order ramen and kind of poking at it because they've never seen noodles, soft-boiled eggs, and pork belly put together before lol.
Super white dude, I'm guessing?

Didn't know they had chicken ssam, but I meant the pork belly bossam. D:

Sorry to hear about the poor experience. It is overpriced for what you get.

Also, TAKE YOUR GODDAMN RAIN BACK TO VANCOUVER! >=[

Stet

Banned
Wow, what happened?

i declared the full value of the dog, but not the American Kennel Club registration, which was an extra $600. i thought that because it was a service it didn't count towards something taxable in my home country. apparently i was wrong, and i was accused of forging a receipt.

they said they were going to seize my 11-week-old puppy and charge me 25% its total value as a penalty and then put a flag on my passport in the system for seven years so i wouldn't be allowed to import anything.

eventually the officer took me aside and said that he was impressed that i wasn't belligerent and that i was forthcoming with how much i paid for everything without lying or being questioned, so he believed that i didn't know i had to declare the AKC registration, and he downgraded my penalty. in the end i had to pay taxes on that $600 and now i have a flag on my passport for two years and if i ever get a secondary search it'll pop up and i'll probably be penalized harsher.

on the plus side, they didn't take my dog.

11336070_453170001521344_1120288947_n.jpg

N° 2048

i declared the full value of the dog, but not the American Kennel Club registration, which was an extra $600. i thought that because it was a service it didn't count towards something taxable in my home country. apparently i was wrong, and i was accused of forging a receipt.

they said they were going to seize my 11-week-old puppy and charge me 25% its total value as a penalty and then put a flag on my passport in the system for seven years so i wouldn't be allowed to import anything.

eventually the officer took me aside and said that he was impressed that i wasn't belligerent and that i was forthcoming with how much i paid for everything without lying or being questioned, so he believed that i didn't know i had to declare the AKC registration, and he downgraded my penalty. in the end i had to pay taxes on that $600 and now i have a flag on my passport for two years and if i ever get a secondary search it'll pop up and i'll probably be penalized harsher.

Wow, wtf. Super cute pup though. Glad they didn't take him or anything :)

Super white dude, I'm guessing?

Didn't know they had chicken ssam, but I meant the pork belly bossam. D:

Sorry to hear about the poor experience. It is overpriced for what you get.

Also, TAKE YOUR GODDAMN RAIN BACK TO VANCOUVER! >=[

Yeah lol. I was looking for the bo ssam but don't think it was available on our menu.

I just stepped out to Yonge and Wellesley. Good to see the pride parade is still going strong despite the rain.

krae_man

I haven't had anyone even ask me a question while reentering Canada in years. They just look at my passport, look at my card and let me go.

Almost got denied entry to the states once because I didn't print my return itinerary. Dude asked me "how do I know you will leave if you don't have a return ticket?". My first thought was "what difference does it make? I could buy a return ticket and still stay behind" but just kepty mouth shut "Sorry sir, I'll remember next time sir".

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Since this is the closest thing to a Canada off topic thread:
ycJkleZ.jpg

I keep forgetting that Tim Hortons was bought out by Burger King, so I guess product placement on crappy American shows is inevitable.

Sober

LOL haven't actually had a modem physically give out. Well, the ethernet port on it can't seem to recognize something is connected to it so RIP my internet connection at home.

The Last Ship. Even when humanity is near extinction, they'll still want to roll up the rim.
#gamergate survives the end of the world

Quick

Banned
@Raptors said:
The #Raptors, @nbadleague & @citymississauga will hold a press conference today at 1pm EDT at Hershey Centre. #WetheNorth

Looks like the Raptors' D-League team is going to be in Mississauga.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

cute puppy.

Sucks that happened though.

ahdurian

guys is it weird if i bring a selfie stick to a concert?

I wanna record parts of it, but i'm lazy as hell to have to hold my phone up

:(

Kraftwerk

What a nightmare it was to get to work today. I was on the highway forever. Friend gave me a ride so i decided not to ride my bike. Big mistake. Was late to work. They were stopping people in middle of the highay... fucked up.

Going to be a shitshow for the next month.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
guys is it weird if i bring a selfie stick to a concert?

I wanna record parts of it, but i'm lazy as hell to have to hold my phone up

:(
It'll probably be banned. My brother and sister-in-law went to the Rush concert a couple of weeks ago at the ACC and they didn't even want to let my sister-in-law take her iPad Mini into it. She had to promise not to take it out and record the concert after my brother talked with the guard for almost 10 minutes.

krae_man

It'll probably be banned. My brother and sister-in-law went to the Rush concert a couple of weeks ago at the ACC and they didn't even want to let my sister-in-law take her iPad Mini into it. She had to promise not to take it out and record the concert after my brother talked with the guard for almost 10 minutes.

No iPads is often a specific rule as part of a concerts camera policy now. Presumably because lots of people broke the no video/audio recording rules with them justifying it to themselves as "but It's not a camera".

Selfie stick could also be considered a weapon danger. Not necessarily by you, but someone grabbing it from you too.

Top Bottom