• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So huge accident happened up on the mean streets of THill today.

They closed down Dufferin just north of Steeles at Glen Shields around rush hour and it's still closed now.

They closed down Dufferin just north of Steeles at Glen Shields around rush hour and it's still closed now.

Yup, people drive like maniacs on Dufferin

The Dufferin North bus was detoured on New Westminster

Practically right outside my house. I walked home today and saw the aftermath. Basically the diamond lane is unused, so drivers fly through that as the other two lanes are packed, you get someone make a left turn, then wham, this.

CIuJNgTWgAAcf5-.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
No iPads is often a specific rule as part of a concerts camera policy now. Presumably because lots of people broke the no video/audio recording rules with them justifying it to themselves as "but It's not a camera".

Selfie stick could also be considered a weapon danger. Not necessarily by you, but someone grabbing it from you too.
My brother asked the guy what would stop him or anyone else from recording it with their phone instead of an iPad? Absolutely nothing. The real reason for no iPads is they don't want people holding them up and blocking the people behind them.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Spending two weeks in Europe, selfie sticks and tablet photo takers are a plague on society. Maybe it's the European air talking, but people who use them should be put into stocks in the town square and have tomatoes thrown at them.

I did see a lady with a selfie stick that didn't have a button pressing thing so she still had to reach the phone to take a picture. Was hilarious.

Hieberrr

Spending two weeks in Europe, selfie sticks and tablet photo takers are a plague on society. Maybe it's the European air talking, but people who use them should be put into stocks in the town square and have tomatoes thrown at them.

I did see a lady with a selfie stick that didn't have a button pressing thing so she still had to reach the phone to take a picture. Was hilarious.
I have a selfish stick for my gopro for photos and videos. Pretty useful actual.

explodet

i don't get why people just don't know how to drive properly....it's not THAT hard
You should see the confusion in my neck of the woods. That streetcar collision was only one of many issues in that area.

The bike lanes and pedestrian sidewalks and one-lane roads are making intersections a tangle. I've seen cars on the streetcar-only lanes, about to drive into Union Station before realizing what a terrible mistake they've made.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...-is-lovely-but-potentially-lethal-keenan.html
This is the third article from the Star about how bad the traffics are in about a week.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I've seen similar instances with the streetcar tunnels that enter St Clair West and it's not nearly as cluttered as the Queens Quay. It's very clear that the right of way, the concrete barrier and the streetcar stops, mean it's streetcar only (never mind the signs..), but I've seen a few cars still turn into the tunnel. Some people make it too far too back out and just drive all the way through to the other side.

Fuzzy

I've seen people drive the wrong way through a roundabout in Stouffville because they didn't want to go all the way around in order to make a left.

Sober

And they tell us that because of how graduated driving in Ontario works, we have the safest drivers. If that's even halfway true I'm utterly terrified about how other people actually drive outside of Ontario.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So, the terrible owner of my building sold to Greenwin and they'll be taking over. Having rented from Greenwin in the past, I'm pretty happy about it. After all, we could have ended up with Metcap, Cap Reit, or a bunch of other terrible slumlord companies.

Et tu, Lanky?! D:

I thought you'd be dying to eat BP at any time. Your.. not..?

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
And they tell us that because of how graduated driving in Ontario works, we have the safest drivers. If that's even halfway true I'm utterly terrified about how other people actually drive outside of Ontario.

I just spent a week in Indiana for a friend's wedding. Not a single person in that group understood how to put their phone down while driving, with the exception of the one guy who drove down from Ontario. On the other hand he backed into a tree so...

jstripes

Banned

I just drove through half a dozen US states.

I felt like I was the bad guy on the roads down there.

Ontario drivers are aggressive as fuck.

zroid

Banned
are we complaining about bad drivers now? oh boy!

my biggest peeve might be drivers who are behind me that don't understand the concept of constant speed. if I'm leaving a somewhat large gap ahead of the car in front but we're moving at the same speed, then we're not going to get to the destination any faster if I accelerate for a few seconds to follow more closely. Sorry guy behind me. You can stop tailgating thanks.

Fuzzy

are we complaining about bad drivers now? oh boy!

my biggest peeve might be drivers who are behind me that don't understand the concept of constant speed. if I'm leaving a somewhat large gap ahead of the car in front but we're moving at the same speed, then we're not going to get to the destination any faster if I accelerate for a few seconds to follow more closely. Sorry guy behind me. You can stop tailgating thanks.
But someone else will take up that space which will cause you to leave the space again and now I'm 0.1 seconds behind where I should be!

jstripes

Banned
Everyone who drives faster than you is a psycho, and everyone who drives slower than you is an asshole.

Nah, there's more of a nuance than that.

People who tailgate you when you're going above the limit and with the flow of traffic are psychos.

People who drive at or below the limit in the fast lane are assholes.

Sober

I literally do not understand the concept of tailgating. Really I don't. Do people think that each millimeter actually counts and is the reason they might be 5 minutes early instead of 2 minutes late or something crazy like that?

jstripes

Banned
I literally do not understand the concept of tailgating. Really I don't. Do people think that each millimeter actually counts and is the reason they might be 5 minutes early instead of 2 minutes late or something crazy like that?

It's some psychological dysfunction that I can't understand either.

They have this impression that each of the 50+ people in front of them are going to give way for them if they slightly pull left every few seconds.

95% of the time it's a German car. Guaranteed.

Fuzzy

If people want to save time they should just run red lights like I do.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

It's fun to see people pass me and weave in and out of traffic only to have me pass them later. I once had someone tailgate me, then pass me only to get off at the exit 30 seconds later. You couldn't wait? I was going the speed limit.

Top Bottom